Back to Preparing to Manage Human Resources

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Preparing to Manage Human Resources by University of Minnesota

One way or another, all employees are managed. But approaches to managing employees varying from employee-to-employee, job-to-job, manager-to-manager, organization-to-organization, and country-to-country. This course provides a foundation for developing your own approach to skillfully managing employees by illustrating alternative human resource management (HRM) strategies, introducing the importance of the legal context, and thinking about what motivates employees. This will then give you the factual and conceptual basis for developing specific, critical HRM skills in subsequent courses on hiring employees, managing performance, and rewarding employees. Don't know anything about HRM? That's OK! Leave this course with a new-found understanding of the range of options available for managing employees, a grasp of what makes workers tick, and the readiness to develop your own HRM skills....

MG

Mar 21, 2018

Excellent course structure, very clear and concise material, John Budd is teaching in a fun way, which helped me understand the syllabus, with short questions to help me think and not too long videos.

MV

Jan 15, 2019

This course has an outstanding wealth of information for new people entering the Human Resources arena. I also recommend it to others that want to brush up on knowledge and skills of the HR industry.

1 - 25 of 562 Reviews for Preparing to Manage Human Resources

By PALAVALA A

Feb 15, 2019

Good course

By Kristine R

Feb 18, 2019

The course was really useful, entertaining and very well made course. Easy to learn and understand. Thank you Mr. Budd, I did enjoy it!

By Pavla H

Feb 15, 2019

I enjoyed the format as well as well as content. Thank you.

By SONI T

Feb 09, 2019

Excellent Course

By woody l

Feb 06, 2019

I learned a lot from professor Budd! An excellent instructor and the whole team covering the HR Management Specialization really!! I love the fact that you can go at your own pace. They managed to get all the goods in the 5 courses. I'm starting course #4 now and I get more excited as I go because the info provided is so useful.

By Reginald N N

Oct 28, 2017

I really enjoyed this foundation class. It provide me with a deeper understand of human resources beyond just transactional duties. Human Resources is a key component in the life of an organization.

By omnia i m

Feb 03, 2019

Thanks a lot for your effort with us

By Muhammad W K

Nov 07, 2018

Good for people who want to start their career as a manager. This course will give you basics of human resource management.

By Mario L V

Jan 15, 2019

By lupo

Aug 27, 2017

Very useful to step into the HR management practice. It provides a foundation to understanding the complexity of HR management strategies and managerial styles. The lessons are quite short but dense and challenging. While a transcript of the videos is always available, I found extremely useful to take my own notes while listening to the videos, stopping and restarting the video as required. and even revisiting previous lectures to establish the necessary connections among notions, where necessary. Some lectures are indeed quite dense and content intricate, but that challenges your learning process.

By Ananya L

Sep 18, 2017

The course helped me gain the basic understanding of Human Resources. I did have a course in my undergraduate studies in India but this online course was a different experience. Prof. John Budd explained concepts in a simple and easy-to-understand way.

The video sessions of HR executive managers talking gave a real-world exposure. If the course has at least one session where students can interact with the professor John Budd would be good.

By Carla D

Jun 07, 2017

It's a good introduction to managing Human Resources. I think it covers enough material for you to really learn more about what it takes to manage, the different perspectives and approaches related to management, a bit of history of where all these thoughts came from. One thing, though, that I believe can be improved on is having the professor be a little bit more interactive in the videos. In some of them, it seemed like he was just reading off a prompt and I found it a little difficult to internalize what he was saying and ended up just reading and taking notes from the transcript. But aside from that, this was a course I thoroughly enjoyed and would advise anyone interested in HR management to take.

By Ghousia f

Dec 12, 2018

Awesome

By Abdur R K B

Dec 11, 2018

i really enjoyed this course

By Rebekah N

Nov 26, 2018

Great introduction, and very informative!

By Saw A R

Nov 24, 2018

The way to learn about how to manag

By Siyad A E

Dec 13, 2018

an interesting course ever on Human Resource Management!

By Yulianti H

Dec 13, 2018

really enjoy this excellent course

By Juliet A O

Dec 14, 2018

This first has really opened my eyes to some HR practices I never knew especially regarding laws guiding employees . I had an amazing time and zero regret taking up this course !

By Yeshu P

Dec 16, 2018

Thats a great course. Gave great insights on how strategies to manage Human resources in an organisation. John is a great coach.

By Jonathan O

Nov 30, 2018

Excellent content. The pace of the course was well thought out and learned a lot.

By Awais A

Dec 03, 2018

Amazing course !!

By Ewerson d M F

Dec 19, 2018

Curso extremamente de alto nível e com os melhores professores.