Back to Preparing to Manage Human Resources

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Preparing to Manage Human Resources by University of Minnesota

One way or another, all employees are managed. But approaches to managing employees varying from employee-to-employee, job-to-job, manager-to-manager, organization-to-organization, and country-to-country. This course provides a foundation for developing your own approach to skillfully managing employees by illustrating alternative human resource management (HRM) strategies, introducing the importance of the legal context, and thinking about what motivates employees. This will then give you the factual and conceptual basis for developing specific, critical HRM skills in subsequent courses on hiring employees, managing performance, and rewarding employees. Don't know anything about HRM? That's OK! Leave this course with a new-found understanding of the range of options available for managing employees, a grasp of what makes workers tick, and the readiness to develop your own HRM skills....

MG

Mar 21, 2018

Excellent course structure, very clear and concise material, John Budd is teaching in a fun way, which helped me understand the syllabus, with short questions to help me think and not too long videos.

MV

Jan 15, 2019

This course has an outstanding wealth of information for new people entering the Human Resources arena. I also recommend it to others that want to brush up on knowledge and skills of the HR industry.

201 - 225 of 1,157 Reviews for Preparing to Manage Human Resources

By Mahwash

Aug 14, 2016

This course helped me recall basics of Human Resources Management which I had forgotten. A must course for those who are planning o switch careers.

By Anurag r

May 06, 2016

Excellent course. This course has totally changed my perception towards HR managers. I am now able to understand their importance in organisation.

By Saddam H

Apr 11, 2020

Thank you so much, i am glade to be the student of such prestigious institute and such great tutors. you gays improve my knowledge, love you all.

By Tuesday P

Jul 21, 2019

This has been the best learning experience I've had. all the information was job related, and easy to follow. i would recommend to my colleagues.

By Tosin

I must admit taking this course enlightened me about the role of HR managers and how important they are to ensure the productivity of employees.

By KEN

We can get basic knowledge of HR.I think it's the good way to learn for beginner and HR person who wants to organize their career in this course

By Musa A B

May 03, 2020

This HRM course has taught me a lot about how to manage people to get the best out of them and also to fulfill an organizations goal. Thank you.

By Kateryna P

Apr 24, 2020

All perfectly explained !!! Great examples and cool funny moments. I have learned a lot more and it is a pleasure to be a part of HR Management)

By Premo' F O

Jan 22, 2020

Amazing content... great for a new people manager and also as a refresher for experienced HR people like myself... Great job Prof. John W. Budd.

By Naireeta C

Aug 02, 2018

Lot of bugs in the course, peer graded assignment is rated yet no advancement, quizzes give out different correct answer suggestions every time.

By Yauhen_Kamenka

Mar 09, 2018

Great overview and theoretical background that gives first notion of what to expect and what to focus on when dealing with complex HR relations.

By kitso S

Jun 11, 2020

I have learned a lot from this course than i anticipated, the way it was taught could easily reflect that it is offered at post graduate level.

By slimani a

Apr 04, 2017

No comment especialy the teachers here and the way how they present to us lessons.

i really did would like to be a student of them there in usa

By Irena K

Dec 27, 2019

I liked the way the information was provided, it was easy to understand and not boring. I learned many interesting things about HR management.

By Emily S

Sep 22, 2019

Great overview of all the facets of managerial styles and how to incorporate different societal factors and cultural norms into the workplace!

By Freddy P

Jan 05, 2017

Very good teaching model, all videos are easy to understand and all pictures describe easy to memorize

I'm really happy to continue my learning

By Maria C C B

Jul 07, 2016

Great resource! The content was excellent and gave me a great idea of how and where to look for more information and carry on with my studies.

By Adenike A

Jun 15, 2020

It gave me insight about how organisation works and how knowing more about the business is the first thing in becoming a successful hr person

By Grecia K P

Apr 02, 2019

Great course! Learn about the basics and history of HR. Fun professor and amazing way to show the information! Can’t wait to do more courses!

By Boyd

May 09, 2020

EXCELLENT! I really enjoyed the HRM course. I'm an HR professional and it's so helpful to stay up on all HR tools and techniques. Thank you!

By Pardeep k

Apr 26, 2020

I am getting a good knowledge of the Human resource for Management for the company. It is the best E-online service and Resources provide.

By Harish S

Dec 05, 2019

Learned a Lot of Management From Professor Budd. Taught us lot about how to manage People and Carry out the activities in an organisation.

By Maryam N A

Jun 16, 2016

Great course that gives a lot of insight into how Human Resources is conducted and what it involves in the employee-employer relationship.

By Andrea F

Jun 21, 2016

Great and very informative, definitely recommend to everyone who would like to learn more about HR or change career into Human resources.

By Hina A

Jun 23, 2020

Excellent Course

I learned a lot in this course, very informative and enhanced my knowledge skills in HR.

Big thanks to Professor Budd !