Back to Preparing to Manage Human Resources

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Preparing to Manage Human Resources by University of Minnesota

One way or another, all employees are managed. But approaches to managing employees varying from employee-to-employee, job-to-job, manager-to-manager, organization-to-organization, and country-to-country. This course provides a foundation for developing your own approach to skillfully managing employees by illustrating alternative human resource management (HRM) strategies, introducing the importance of the legal context, and thinking about what motivates employees. This will then give you the factual and conceptual basis for developing specific, critical HRM skills in subsequent courses on hiring employees, managing performance, and rewarding employees. Don't know anything about HRM? That's OK! Leave this course with a new-found understanding of the range of options available for managing employees, a grasp of what makes workers tick, and the readiness to develop your own HRM skills....

MG

Mar 21, 2018

Excellent course structure, very clear and concise material, John Budd is teaching in a fun way, which helped me understand the syllabus, with short questions to help me think and not too long videos.

MV

Jan 15, 2019

This course has an outstanding wealth of information for new people entering the Human Resources arena. I also recommend it to others that want to brush up on knowledge and skills of the HR industry.

151 - 175 of 1,270 Reviews for Preparing to Manage Human Resources

By Diana C G A

May 31, 2016

Great content. This course gives you a better context of the aspects a people manager should consider for developing useful strategies for the company, but thinking about the people too.

By DILIP S

Apr 23, 2020

It is one of the best online course I ever enrolled. Great teaching from the top professor and many interviews of top professional HR will really help you understand the concept better.

By Adrienne C

Jul 17, 2019

A great course to get started into learning more about HRM. Great videos, readings, and the quizzes really do a good job to make you go back and revisit things that you may have missed.

By Muhammad N A

Jul 15, 2020

i have learned a lot through this course. before this course, we were only aware of theoretical knowledge but now i have learned implication of knowledge gained during academic period.

By Soniya

Aug 05, 2019

Thank you for the this opportunity, I learned so many interesting things in this course.And i hope this will help me in future HR career and last thank you for boosting my confidence.

By EWAMBLEH E A

Feb 27, 2016

This course was not only enriching, it was to me an INSPIRATION BOOTCAMP. What I studied has raised my confidence a lot and I am already applying my new techniques and seeing results.

By Chris A M

Jun 12, 2020

Very intensive course. The way Professor John presented it made the course even more interesting. Although I have been part of HR for 6 years, I have learned a lot from this course.

By Osama A

Jun 14, 2019

for everyone envolve in creating this course especially Mr.

John W. Budd . I like the method in teaching and how you make learning an intersting thing to do.

best of luck for everyone

By Ivan J

Jan 02, 2020

I learned a lot of good things and developed some new skills. Professor Budd talked very understandable and I am very satisfy with whole course. That is what I'm looking for! :))))

By Isaac A O

Apr 23, 2018

The best HR course I have pursued so far. The lecture on employment and labour law was very excellent. I got so much on HR Strategies and the need to an HR partner in the business

By Parth S

Apr 17, 2020

I like to learn and I get a live example of working culture and I have memorized the culture we are following in our company. So Thank you so much for the best Inputs in my life.

By Juliet A O

Dec 14, 2018

This first has really opened my eyes to some HR practices I never knew especially regarding laws guiding employees . I had an amazing time and zero regret taking up this course !

By Darja Š

Apr 14, 2016

Absolutely great and outstanding course. It has been a real pleasure for me to be a part of it. Thank you John Budd for providing this amazing experince and invaluable knowlegde.

By Divya S

May 22, 2020

Amazing course, go to learn a lot. I am unable to proceed with the specialization. Can somebody help with it. I did not get enrolled in all the courses under the specialization.

By CONNIE B

Nov 12, 2017

I would recommend this course to anyone who is seeking to general understanding of HR. Additionally, this course provides a great foundation to completing additional HR courses.

By Jessika S

Apr 22, 2020

I have learned so much throughout this course, I am actually preparing to take on a role as a manager, but I never thought that the HR world would be this thrilling. Thank you.

By Gamage G P S

Jul 15, 2020

This is a good place to improve your HR knowledge Lecturers have a lot of knowledge and experience. And also they provide real experiences and examples to understand theories.

By Bharti B

Aug 23, 2018

This HR Course has been a very in-depth and intense knowledge for a student to understand HR role in an of the organisation. Also takes you through how to deal with employees.

By EMMANUEL S H

Sep 10, 2016

Excellent ! The best course I have ever came across to, I enjoyed the whole session and I learn many things that will be essential for me when I venture out in the job market.

By Oghenevwhaerhe A

I have learnt so much on this course that will help me to manage the people around me efficiently and effectively.

Thank you Coursera for the opportunity given to me to learn

By Krnaali V

Apr 04, 2020

The instructor was very good. The infirmation provided was just right and delivery was never boring. Had a great experience and learnt a lot about the basics required for HRM

By Gautham k T

Jun 03, 2020

really a great course that everyone who are aspiring to enter into the field of human resource. special thanks to john budd sir who introduced the human resources strategies

By Rafay S

Jul 05, 2020

After taking this course my knowledge regarding to Human Resource Management enhanced and i it gives me a broader version to think strategically to achieve better outcomes.

By Shubham T

Jul 01, 2020

A very thorough course which was well explained. After watching the introductory video I was very excited and the faculty connected them very skillfully with great examples

By HITESH D

this course is really helpful to have an complete insight of how employees behave and what they actual demand from the organization and what in return organization demand.