Back to Preparing to Manage Human Resources

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Preparing to Manage Human Resources by University of Minnesota

One way or another, all employees are managed. But approaches to managing employees varying from employee-to-employee, job-to-job, manager-to-manager, organization-to-organization, and country-to-country. This course provides a foundation for developing your own approach to skillfully managing employees by illustrating alternative human resource management (HRM) strategies, introducing the importance of the legal context, and thinking about what motivates employees. This will then give you the factual and conceptual basis for developing specific, critical HRM skills in subsequent courses on hiring employees, managing performance, and rewarding employees. Don't know anything about HRM? That's OK! Leave this course with a new-found understanding of the range of options available for managing employees, a grasp of what makes workers tick, and the readiness to develop your own HRM skills....

MG

Mar 21, 2018

Excellent course structure, very clear and concise material, John Budd is teaching in a fun way, which helped me understand the syllabus, with short questions to help me think and not too long videos.

MV

Jan 15, 2019

This course has an outstanding wealth of information for new people entering the Human Resources arena. I also recommend it to others that want to brush up on knowledge and skills of the HR industry.

151 - 175 of 585 Reviews for Preparing to Manage Human Resources

By Kavya K

Mar 16, 2016

Very informative and easy to follow

By Chibuike N

Jun 17, 2016

Basis in Human Resource management

By Abdullah S A

May 31, 2017

PMHR is very important for employees to manage HR

By Ashish M

Jul 09, 2016

Very Effective

By Elke W

May 16, 2017

Excellent material and diverse viewpoints.

By Ahmed M R

Mar 04, 2016

Simply a wonderful course, you should take this course

By Darja Š

Apr 14, 2016

Absolutely great and outstanding course. It has been a real pleasure for me to be a part of it. Thank you John Budd for providing this amazing experince and invaluable knowlegde.

By Maria C C B

Jul 07, 2016

Great resource! The content was excellent and gave me a great idea of how and where to look for more information and carry on with my studies.

By Meghana G

Apr 13, 2018

Very informational and liked the teaching by Prof. John Budd very much. It was fun taking this course.

By krushnasamy s

Jun 21, 2017

great basic course in HR

By Ashwani S

Jan 30, 2017

Good introduction and new aspects of HR covered

By Remy W

May 11, 2018

The course was informative and the instructor was great.

By bassem y a e k

Jul 27, 2016

Great Course with Mighty professor :)

By HAMPOH V A F

Jul 08, 2018

Great Class with amazing instructor. I have learned so much in this 4 weeks . I definitely recommend this class.

By Pamela W

Jun 30, 2018

I learned so much about what it takes to become Human Resource Manager and the different laws that are out there. More importantly i learned that its exactly what i want to do with my career now

By Chika E

Sep 14, 2017

Very well detailed and engaging.

P.S: Just a minor pet peeve with watching the video is, Prof. Budd's light tongue smacking while speaking, is distracting for me. Just a tiny personal issue.

By Gloria J

Oct 14, 2016

Great Introductory Course!

This was a very enlightening course about HR Manager duties, responsibilities, laws that affect employees and businesses. Very basic information regarding why people work and how HR Managers are taxed with understanding the workforce needs for their organization and hiring competent individuals. I learned quite a bit. Entertaining as well!

By ZHAO M

Apr 27, 2016

Good to learn!

By Nadia L

Mar 01, 2018

I loved this course. It was a bit lengthy, but very i

By Farid R

Aug 15, 2016

WoW

It was an amazing course. It gave me lots of ideas.

It could have had a text book as a reference.

Recommended. :)

By Luis R R

Jun 20, 2017

Always good to have a nice and professional training before climbing the ladder of success. I consider myself very lucky having the opportunity of learning from the rename Carson School of Management. The content of the course is generally focused on the daily grind of the Human Resources department. If you're thinking to change your career or perhaps to improve your skills as a manager this is where you should start

By Deepa. M

Jul 10, 2017

Good course.. able to learn a lot. Thanks

By Nguyen T T N

Sep 14, 2017

The course is well structure and easy to understand. Each lesson is solid and straight to the important points which learners should know. Besides, it helps to remind the knowledge through connecting the previous with the current video. Its questions are also reasonable and helpful.

To make the lesson more realistic, it connects with HR professional and create chances for students to listen to their view.

In the end, I would like to recommend this course to anyone who has interests in HR.

By EWAMBLEH E A

Feb 27, 2016

This course was not only enriching, it was to me an INSPIRATION BOOTCAMP. What I studied has raised my confidence a lot and I am already applying my new techniques and seeing results.

By Carla L

Apr 29, 2018

It is so interesting and educative