Back to Preparing to Manage Human Resources

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Preparing to Manage Human Resources by University of Minnesota

One way or another, all employees are managed. But approaches to managing employees varying from employee-to-employee, job-to-job, manager-to-manager, organization-to-organization, and country-to-country. This course provides a foundation for developing your own approach to skillfully managing employees by illustrating alternative human resource management (HRM) strategies, introducing the importance of the legal context, and thinking about what motivates employees. This will then give you the factual and conceptual basis for developing specific, critical HRM skills in subsequent courses on hiring employees, managing performance, and rewarding employees. Don't know anything about HRM? That's OK! Leave this course with a new-found understanding of the range of options available for managing employees, a grasp of what makes workers tick, and the readiness to develop your own HRM skills....

MG

Mar 21, 2018

Excellent course structure, very clear and concise material, John Budd is teaching in a fun way, which helped me understand the syllabus, with short questions to help me think and not too long videos.

MV

Jan 15, 2019

This course has an outstanding wealth of information for new people entering the Human Resources arena. I also recommend it to others that want to brush up on knowledge and skills of the HR industry.

101 - 125 of 579 Reviews for Preparing to Manage Human Resources

Nov 02, 2018

wonderfull

By Anton M

Nov 02, 2018

Great material. Detailed videos. The tests and reading really reflect on the materials given to us thru out the lessons. And the peer graded assignments felt great because there are actual others that are also interested in the same activities as this course and helped me understand more about their views as much as a more in dept understanding of mine.

By Heather S

Nov 06, 2018

It was great

By Sarah N

Nov 08, 2018

I do not have an HR background, and this course was able to provide a solid foundation for learning in this area.

By Muhammad Z

Nov 11, 2018

This is Very helpful

By motasem w a

Nov 16, 2018

was very helpful and will delivered content.

By Rima O

Nov 17, 2018

I love this course!

By Rathu B D K

Nov 16, 2018

It's amazing how the course work is created to understand them easily

By EGWU C F

Nov 19, 2018

THIS COURSE IS REALLY GOOD AND THE TUTOR WAS GREAT

By Andy Y

Aug 02, 2017

I have worked in HR technology for the last 4 years and found this course to be really helpful in understanding the challenges and opportunities around HR. I'm able to apply what I learned in this course to better understand HR professionals and what their day-to-day responsibilities are.

By Hiba-tul-Hai S

May 28, 2017

Wonderful course. learned a lot. Thank u so much Professor.

By Tan Y Y

Dec 10, 2017

It is practical and systematic. It helps me to reflect how do I manage people and how am I being managed.

By Sheraz K

May 16, 2017

I have enjoyed this course.My knowledge about HR has been polished through this course.My personnel development skills enhanced.I glad to joined such a informative course.

By Tina V

Mar 20, 2016

Very good overview on HR.

Only one comment - would it be possible to add to the law part another perspective than the US perspective? For participants from other countries it would be great to have some general insights to i.e. European regulations.

By Vijay S

Mar 24, 2018

Great content by the Professor, amazing quality of content and delivery.

By Maruti P

Aug 24, 2017

The course is elaborate and helpful. It also relates to the real and dynamic world.

By Soteris E

Jul 09, 2017

it is a very insightful first look at HR management techniques, history and current laws

By José d J D L C G

Aug 18, 2016

Excellent course! excellent teacher!! Congratulations

By Nan L

Mar 14, 2018

The course is well organized. The quality of videos was great. A good start for the course series.

By Stella T

Jan 22, 2018

Great Course! Very informational!

By Charalampos N

Oct 25, 2016

Good Course, learn a lot

By Nina S

Mar 14, 2016

Thank you Professor for this course. It is really interesting and helpful lessons.

By Anurag r

May 06, 2016

Excellent course. This course has totally changed my perception towards HR managers. I am now able to understand their importance in organisation.

By Amadou A A