Back to Preparing to Manage Human Resources

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Preparing to Manage Human Resources by University of Minnesota

One way or another, all employees are managed. But approaches to managing employees varying from employee-to-employee, job-to-job, manager-to-manager, organization-to-organization, and country-to-country. This course provides a foundation for developing your own approach to skillfully managing employees by illustrating alternative human resource management (HRM) strategies, introducing the importance of the legal context, and thinking about what motivates employees. This will then give you the factual and conceptual basis for developing specific, critical HRM skills in subsequent courses on hiring employees, managing performance, and rewarding employees. Don't know anything about HRM? That's OK! Leave this course with a new-found understanding of the range of options available for managing employees, a grasp of what makes workers tick, and the readiness to develop your own HRM skills....

MG

Mar 21, 2018

Excellent course structure, very clear and concise material, John Budd is teaching in a fun way, which helped me understand the syllabus, with short questions to help me think and not too long videos.

MV

Jan 15, 2019

This course has an outstanding wealth of information for new people entering the Human Resources arena. I also recommend it to others that want to brush up on knowledge and skills of the HR industry.

101 - 125 of 955 Reviews for Preparing to Manage Human Resources

By Annie

Dec 05, 2017

Very inspirational course.. I have learnt alot especially where people management and role of HR is concerned plus an indepth view of how the Labour Market and practices are different between US & Kenya

By Mary C V B

Aug 11, 2019

¡Excelente curso! Tiene material didáctico y el recurso m´s utilizado es el video, lo cual lo hace más entretenido. Ofrece las herramientas teórico prácticas básicas necesarias para manejar personas.

By Pamela W

Jun 30, 2018

I learned so much about what it takes to become Human Resource Manager and the different laws that are out there. More importantly i learned that its exactly what i want to do with my career now

By Nicholas P

Mar 01, 2020

Great course for new managers. Provides framework for first decisions as a new leader. Good refresher for existing managers or individuals looking to transition into HR from a leadership role.

By Anna V

Apr 05, 2018

The course was useful to me, as I have people management responsibilities as part of my job. I have learned concepts that I did not know about, and got an insight into US labour laws as well.

By Ahmad S F

May 09, 2020

I really appreciate the Coursera Team that has provided many different and amazing courses and programs,

Best of Luck

I try to continue with more and more courses from Coursera

By Nida E

Apr 20, 2020

Amazing! Loved the course content, the way it was delivered, the doable time frames of each video and the takeaways gained through this platform! Thanks, Professor Budd! Great use of my time!

By Chika E

Sep 14, 2017

Very well detailed and engaging.

P.S: Just a minor pet peeve with watching the video is, Prof. Budd's light tongue smacking while speaking, is distracting for me. Just a tiny personal issue.

By Aditi V

Aug 12, 2017

Absolutely loved the content! Provided me with lots of insights regrading human resources. Thank you for helping me understand how human resources plays an important role in an organization!

By KHARAT D K

Apr 23, 2020

I got knowledge that makes my future bright. Other useful skills I will learn include organisations' HRM reporting and communication.

It a Great time to learn from John w. Budd. Thanks sir.

By V K

May 16, 2019

The course has excellent content good presentation and gained considerable knowledge. It is a complete refreshment of my studies with inputs on laws in other countries Throughout enjoyed.

By Diana C G A

May 31, 2016

Great content. This course gives you a better context of the aspects a people manager should consider for developing useful strategies for the company, but thinking about the people too.

By DILIP S

Apr 23, 2020

It is one of the best online course I ever enrolled. Great teaching from the top professor and many interviews of top professional HR will really help you understand the concept better.

By Adrienne C

Jul 17, 2019

A great course to get started into learning more about HRM. Great videos, readings, and the quizzes really do a good job to make you go back and revisit things that you may have missed.

By Soniya

Aug 05, 2019

Thank you for the this opportunity, I learned so many interesting things in this course.And i hope this will help me in future HR career and last thank you for boosting my confidence.

By EWAMBLEH E A

Feb 27, 2016

This course was not only enriching, it was to me an INSPIRATION BOOTCAMP. What I studied has raised my confidence a lot and I am already applying my new techniques and seeing results.

By Osama A

Jun 14, 2019

for everyone envolve in creating this course especially Mr.

John W. Budd . I like the method in teaching and how you make learning an intersting thing to do.

best of luck for everyone

By Ivan J

Jan 02, 2020

I learned a lot of good things and developed some new skills. Professor Budd talked very understandable and I am very satisfy with whole course. That is what I'm looking for! :))))

By Isaac A O

Apr 23, 2018

The best HR course I have pursued so far. The lecture on employment and labour law was very excellent. I got so much on HR Strategies and the need to an HR partner in the business

By Parth S

Apr 17, 2020

I like to learn and I get a live example of working culture and I have memorized the culture we are following in our company. So Thank you so much for the best Inputs in my life.

By Juliet A O

Dec 14, 2018

This first has really opened my eyes to some HR practices I never knew especially regarding laws guiding employees . I had an amazing time and zero regret taking up this course !

By Darja Š

Apr 14, 2016

Absolutely great and outstanding course. It has been a real pleasure for me to be a part of it. Thank you John Budd for providing this amazing experince and invaluable knowlegde.

By Divya S

May 22, 2020

Amazing course, go to learn a lot. I am unable to proceed with the specialization. Can somebody help with it. I did not get enrolled in all the courses under the specialization.

By CONNIE B

Nov 12, 2017

I would recommend this course to anyone who is seeking to general understanding of HR. Additionally, this course provides a great foundation to completing additional HR courses.

By Jessika S

Apr 22, 2020

I have learned so much throughout this course, I am actually preparing to take on a role as a manager, but I never thought that the HR world would be this thrilling. Thank you.