Back to Preparing to Manage Human Resources

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Preparing to Manage Human Resources by University of Minnesota

One way or another, all employees are managed. But approaches to managing employees varying from employee-to-employee, job-to-job, manager-to-manager, organization-to-organization, and country-to-country. This course provides a foundation for developing your own approach to skillfully managing employees by illustrating alternative human resource management (HRM) strategies, introducing the importance of the legal context, and thinking about what motivates employees. This will then give you the factual and conceptual basis for developing specific, critical HRM skills in subsequent courses on hiring employees, managing performance, and rewarding employees. Don't know anything about HRM? That's OK! Leave this course with a new-found understanding of the range of options available for managing employees, a grasp of what makes workers tick, and the readiness to develop your own HRM skills....

MG

Mar 21, 2018

Excellent course structure, very clear and concise material, John Budd is teaching in a fun way, which helped me understand the syllabus, with short questions to help me think and not too long videos.

MV

Jan 15, 2019

This course has an outstanding wealth of information for new people entering the Human Resources arena. I also recommend it to others that want to brush up on knowledge and skills of the HR industry.

126 - 150 of 605 Reviews for Preparing to Manage Human Resources

Oct 15, 2016

very good

By Damien P

Mar 12, 2017

What an excellent course! Well done Professor Budd and to all the contributors who made this such a joy to complete.

By MULUH E A

Aug 07, 2016

great course,so happy to have been a part of this.

By Andrea F

Jun 21, 2016

Great and very informative, definitely recommend to everyone who would like to learn more about HR or change career into Human resources.

By natalia

Mar 12, 2016

Great Course!

By IsmaelTahirou

Sep 09, 2016

I found this course very interested since it covers some important tools for managing people through quiz, and some external HR people are being interviewed during the course session, where we can learn from them what they experienced as HR managers, one more thing is, regarding the peer assignment which helped me too, I would probably advise my friends to take this course, reason why I gave you 5 stars...

Feb 06, 2018

Very helpful to a HR new bee! I really appreciate all the efforts of professors from University Minnesoda

By Carl J

Jun 06, 2017

Easy to follow and informative, it has given me a good foundation from which to work from.

By Juan F

Mar 07, 2016

Un curso genial, y como tiene subtitulos se entiende muy bien. muy recomendable¡

By Adekunbi B A

Apr 03, 2016

Very Interesting course

By Bryan B

Jul 26, 2017

I thoroughly enjoyed this class. It is a great introduction to the HR world. It kept me interested all the way through. It made me want to take the rest of this HR series to get the certification.

By Marsha H

Aug 08, 2016

Great course, great instructor who enables you to enjoy the learning process.

By Abdullah H

Apr 15, 2017

This course was a joy

By Karina C F

Aug 31, 2017

I really like it, the use of real examples and how the theory is compare with reality.

I feel more confident on the awareness of HR.

By Gunasekaran R

May 28, 2016

Good

By Massimo Z

Mar 04, 2016

Thank you prof. Budd, I am looking forward to see you againg for Capstone Project.

My best regards,

Massimo Zilio

By William M C

Jul 04, 2018

This is an excellent course both for beginners as well as for experienced HR Managers.

By Nubia V

Feb 13, 2018

I like a lot

By Audrey S

Mar 16, 2017

Thank you for the penetrative knowledge on preparing to manage Human Resources.

By Giuseppe B

Oct 03, 2017

Very good course! I love it!

By Fernando O