Back to Preparing to Manage Human Resources

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Preparing to Manage Human Resources by University of Minnesota

One way or another, all employees are managed. But approaches to managing employees varying from employee-to-employee, job-to-job, manager-to-manager, organization-to-organization, and country-to-country. This course provides a foundation for developing your own approach to skillfully managing employees by illustrating alternative human resource management (HRM) strategies, introducing the importance of the legal context, and thinking about what motivates employees. This will then give you the factual and conceptual basis for developing specific, critical HRM skills in subsequent courses on hiring employees, managing performance, and rewarding employees. Don't know anything about HRM? That's OK! Leave this course with a new-found understanding of the range of options available for managing employees, a grasp of what makes workers tick, and the readiness to develop your own HRM skills....

MG

Mar 21, 2018

Excellent course structure, very clear and concise material, John Budd is teaching in a fun way, which helped me understand the syllabus, with short questions to help me think and not too long videos.

MV

Jan 15, 2019

This course has an outstanding wealth of information for new people entering the Human Resources arena. I also recommend it to others that want to brush up on knowledge and skills of the HR industry.

126 - 150 of 1,149 Reviews for Preparing to Manage Human Resources

By Mary C V B

Aug 11, 2019

¡Excelente curso! Tiene material didáctico y el recurso m´s utilizado es el video, lo cual lo hace más entretenido. Ofrece las herramientas teórico prácticas básicas necesarias para manejar personas.

By uwem U

Jul 01, 2020

I will like to use this medium to thanks my lecturer John W. Budd and the entire University of Minnesota for your support and lecture very educating process.

Thanks i love you all.

TimelineNext Step

By Mahnoor m

Jun 20, 2020

I had a very great time while doing this course and there are a lot of things that i have learned from this course, and because of my this experience i am looking forward to go for another course

By Pamela W

Jun 30, 2018

I learned so much about what it takes to become Human Resource Manager and the different laws that are out there. More importantly i learned that its exactly what i want to do with my career now

By Aparna m

it was a very good experience while running about the people management.How HR is important in every company and roles of HR .As we all know that HR is the backbone of the company.Thank you .

By Nicholas P

Mar 01, 2020

Great course for new managers. Provides framework for first decisions as a new leader. Good refresher for existing managers or individuals looking to transition into HR from a leadership role.

By Anna V

Apr 05, 2018

The course was useful to me, as I have people management responsibilities as part of my job. I have learned concepts that I did not know about, and got an insight into US labour laws as well.

By Ahmad S F

May 09, 2020

I really appreciate the Coursera Team that has provided many different and amazing courses and programs,

Best of Luck

I try to continue with more and more courses from Coursera

By Nida E

Apr 20, 2020

Amazing! Loved the course content, the way it was delivered, the doable time frames of each video and the takeaways gained through this platform! Thanks, Professor Budd! Great use of my time!

By Chika E

Sep 14, 2017

Very well detailed and engaging.

P.S: Just a minor pet peeve with watching the video is, Prof. Budd's light tongue smacking while speaking, is distracting for me. Just a tiny personal issue.

By Aditi V

Aug 12, 2017

Absolutely loved the content! Provided me with lots of insights regrading human resources. Thank you for helping me understand how human resources plays an important role in an organization!

By Abdul A

Jul 07, 2020

Blessed to avail this chance of learning from Pro. Jhon Budd, It really helped me to brush my understanding of HR, now i really feel it! I AM READY TO MANAGE HUMAN RESOURCES.

Thank you sir!

By KHARAT D K

Apr 23, 2020

I got knowledge that makes my future bright. Other useful skills I will learn include organisations' HRM reporting and communication.

It a Great time to learn from John w. Budd. Thanks sir.

By V K

May 16, 2019

The course has excellent content good presentation and gained considerable knowledge. It is a complete refreshment of my studies with inputs on laws in other countries Throughout enjoyed.

By Diana C G A

May 31, 2016

Great content. This course gives you a better context of the aspects a people manager should consider for developing useful strategies for the company, but thinking about the people too.

By DILIP S

Apr 23, 2020

It is one of the best online course I ever enrolled. Great teaching from the top professor and many interviews of top professional HR will really help you understand the concept better.

By Adrienne C

Jul 17, 2019

A great course to get started into learning more about HRM. Great videos, readings, and the quizzes really do a good job to make you go back and revisit things that you may have missed.

By Soniya

Aug 05, 2019

Thank you for the this opportunity, I learned so many interesting things in this course.And i hope this will help me in future HR career and last thank you for boosting my confidence.

By EWAMBLEH E A

Feb 27, 2016

This course was not only enriching, it was to me an INSPIRATION BOOTCAMP. What I studied has raised my confidence a lot and I am already applying my new techniques and seeing results.

By Chris A M

Jun 12, 2020

Very intensive course. The way Professor John presented it made the course even more interesting. Although I have been part of HR for 6 years, I have learned a lot from this course.

By Osama A

Jun 14, 2019

for everyone envolve in creating this course especially Mr.

John W. Budd . I like the method in teaching and how you make learning an intersting thing to do.

best of luck for everyone

By Ivan J

Jan 02, 2020

I learned a lot of good things and developed some new skills. Professor Budd talked very understandable and I am very satisfy with whole course. That is what I'm looking for! :))))

By Isaac A O

Apr 23, 2018

The best HR course I have pursued so far. The lecture on employment and labour law was very excellent. I got so much on HR Strategies and the need to an HR partner in the business

By Parth S

Apr 17, 2020

I like to learn and I get a live example of working culture and I have memorized the culture we are following in our company. So Thank you so much for the best Inputs in my life.

By Juliet A O

Dec 14, 2018

This first has really opened my eyes to some HR practices I never knew especially regarding laws guiding employees . I had an amazing time and zero regret taking up this course !