Back to Preparing to Manage Human Resources

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Preparing to Manage Human Resources by University of Minnesota

One way or another, all employees are managed. But approaches to managing employees varying from employee-to-employee, job-to-job, manager-to-manager, organization-to-organization, and country-to-country. This course provides a foundation for developing your own approach to skillfully managing employees by illustrating alternative human resource management (HRM) strategies, introducing the importance of the legal context, and thinking about what motivates employees. This will then give you the factual and conceptual basis for developing specific, critical HRM skills in subsequent courses on hiring employees, managing performance, and rewarding employees. Don't know anything about HRM? That's OK! Leave this course with a new-found understanding of the range of options available for managing employees, a grasp of what makes workers tick, and the readiness to develop your own HRM skills....

MG

Mar 21, 2018

Excellent course structure, very clear and concise material, John Budd is teaching in a fun way, which helped me understand the syllabus, with short questions to help me think and not too long videos.

MV

Jan 15, 2019

This course has an outstanding wealth of information for new people entering the Human Resources arena. I also recommend it to others that want to brush up on knowledge and skills of the HR industry.

51 - 75 of 579 Reviews for Preparing to Manage Human Resources

Apr 08, 2019

Enlightening and engaging.

By Hesham S E F

Apr 09, 2019

its great course, help us how to analyze how can we motivate each employee

By Gene W

Apr 11, 2019

I appreciate Coursera and this course. I am learning so much. The instructor, John Budd is great.

By Joanne B

Apr 15, 2019

Great instructor and great material!

By Srijana B

Mar 13, 2019

Amazing course and amazing prof

thank you for the learning opportunity

By Charlene S

Mar 13, 2019

Very important information. A good base for our study of HR.

By Ma W T

Mar 12, 2019

Thank you Professor Budd! This introductory course is very motivating and I am confident to finish this specialization with an in-depth knowledge in human resource. This could lead me to figure out my future career path!

By Josh G

Mar 06, 2019

So far I have to say it's very informative, very interesting and best of all it's actually useful. I am currently in a position where I am looking to move further into HR from a more recruitment based role and this course is fantastic in setting the foundations for me.

By Obianuju A

Mar 07, 2019

absolutely worth it

By MA

Mar 18, 2019

it is a great course

By Rawikan K

Dec 06, 2018

I love this course. If you are interested in HRM, this course is for you.

By Danielle M B

Dec 05, 2018

Very Informational and I appreciate the humor.

By Elison F L D

Jan 06, 2019

HRM is a five gold star!

By Hani M B

Dec 23, 2018

I like it

By abdulrhman m

Dec 08, 2018

Thanks for training

By Dipan B

Mar 10, 2019

This is a very comprehensive course for the HR learners. It is designed so well that, People from any background can understand this.

By Pamela C M

Mar 11, 2019

I really enjoyed this course, because it gives you in a very friendly way, the foundation for this HR Management Specialization, the teacher was really nice and the information they give you is very useful!

By NKETIAH E

Feb 26, 2019

awesome

By Imad N

Jul 15, 2018

Excellent course! Highly recommended for anyone pursuing a career in Human Resources. It is appropriate even if you are not an HR professional, and are a line manager.

By Mohamed K

Jul 14, 2018

thanks coursera, I also thank University of Minnesota and Prof.John W. Budd

By Deanna W

Sep 22, 2018

This call was very informative and covered a lot of material that will be useful in the future!

By Suvarna F

Sep 22, 2018

Truly helpful for new manager

By Abdullah E A