Back to Preparing to Manage Human Resources

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Preparing to Manage Human Resources by University of Minnesota

One way or another, all employees are managed. But approaches to managing employees varying from employee-to-employee, job-to-job, manager-to-manager, organization-to-organization, and country-to-country. This course provides a foundation for developing your own approach to skillfully managing employees by illustrating alternative human resource management (HRM) strategies, introducing the importance of the legal context, and thinking about what motivates employees. This will then give you the factual and conceptual basis for developing specific, critical HRM skills in subsequent courses on hiring employees, managing performance, and rewarding employees. Don't know anything about HRM? That's OK! Leave this course with a new-found understanding of the range of options available for managing employees, a grasp of what makes workers tick, and the readiness to develop your own HRM skills....

MG
Mar 20, 2018

Excellent course structure, very clear and concise material, John Budd is teaching in a fun way, which helped me understand the syllabus, with short questions to help me think and not too long videos.

SH
Aug 31, 2020

Coursera is an online learning platform with a focus on higher education. Much like its competitors Udemy, MasterClass, and Skillshare, Coursera is completely online and covers a wide range of topics.

226 - 250 of 1,742 Reviews for Preparing to Manage Human Resources

By Mildred E M

Dec 10, 2020

The course is very methodically imparted and is very substantial. Kudos to the University of Minnesota and its faculty at the Carlson Management School and Professor John Budd.

By Divya S

May 22, 2020

Amazing course, go to learn a lot. I am unable to proceed with the specialization. Can somebody help with it. I did not get enrolled in all the courses under the specialization.

By CONNIE B

Nov 12, 2017

I would recommend this course to anyone who is seeking to general understanding of HR. Additionally, this course provides a great foundation to completing additional HR courses.

By Brittany H

Oct 11, 2020

Great course! I enjoyed the in depth content of this course. The professor brought great humor and provided great detailed information that was easy to follow and understand.

By Jessika S

Apr 22, 2020

I have learned so much throughout this course, I am actually preparing to take on a role as a manager, but I never thought that the HR world would be this thrilling. Thank you.

By Gamage G P S

Jul 15, 2020

This is a good place to improve your HR knowledge Lecturers have a lot of knowledge and experience. And also they provide real experiences and examples to understand theories.

By Bharti B

Aug 23, 2018

This HR Course has been a very in-depth and intense knowledge for a student to understand HR role in an of the organisation. Also takes you through how to deal with employees.

By EMMANUEL S H

Sep 10, 2016

Excellent ! The best course I have ever came across to, I enjoyed the whole session and I learn many things that will be essential for me when I venture out in the job market.

By SURAJO M

Sep 26, 2020

When it comes to HRM online courses, I higherly recommends Coursera, for it has the in-depth analysis and contents, prepared for shaping and putting the HR students on track.

By Oghenevwhaerhe A

I have learnt so much on this course that will help me to manage the people around me efficiently and effectively.

Thank you Coursera for the opportunity given to me to learn

By Krnaali V

Apr 4, 2020

The instructor was very good. The infirmation provided was just right and delivery was never boring. Had a great experience and learnt a lot about the basics required for HRM

By Gautham k T

Jun 3, 2020

really a great course that everyone who are aspiring to enter into the field of human resource. special thanks to john budd sir who introduced the human resources strategies

By Rafay S

Jul 5, 2020

After taking this course my knowledge regarding to Human Resource Management enhanced and i it gives me a broader version to think strategically to achieve better outcomes.

By Shubham T

Jul 1, 2020

A very thorough course which was well explained. After watching the introductory video I was very excited and the faculty connected them very skillfully with great examples

By HITESH D

this course is really helpful to have an complete insight of how employees behave and what they actual demand from the organization and what in return organization demand.

By Davide U

Mar 28, 2020

Highly recommended for anyone who wants to understand how HRM looks like or is in charge of managing people and wants to do it in an effective, managerial and leading way.

By Sheraz K

May 16, 2017

I have enjoyed this course.My knowledge about HR has been polished through this course.My personnel development skills enhanced.I glad to joined such a informative course.

By SANDRA V B A

Dec 7, 2020

It´s a great course, and I really enjoy the way the teacher explains everything, I´ve been working in human resources for many years, and this course refresh my knowledge

By Aishwarya M

Aug 21, 2018

Extremely informative and rich in terms of providing knowledge in this field, especially helpful for beginners who have nearly no practical experience in this world of HR

By Roger I

Sir John Budd thanks beautiful Explanation, Thanking for coursera and my College Deogiri Institute Of Engineering and management studies for making available this course

By Turan K

Jan 13, 2020

My deepest appreciation to the people who have been associated in creation of this valuable project , to all teachers and to Mr.John Budd .Thank you all to your support!

By Kemka W

Aug 26, 2017

The material is top notch, delivery perfect. Plenty of illustrations and real life examples. This course should be a prerequisite for qualification as a HR practitioner!

By Abhinav B

May 20, 2017

One of the best courses I have enrolled. The entire course is descriptive with focus on key concepts. Live examples from leading HRs are a big plus. Highly recommended.

By Ngozi A

Oct 1, 2020

A great course that lays the foundation for HR management. So many concepts explained that I never thought about previously. Can't wait to complete the specialization!

By Imad N

Jul 15, 2018

Excellent course! Highly recommended for anyone pursuing a career in Human Resources. It is appropriate even if you are not an HR professional, and are a line manager.