Back to Preparing to Manage Human Resources

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Preparing to Manage Human Resources by University of Minnesota

One way or another, all employees are managed. But approaches to managing employees varying from employee-to-employee, job-to-job, manager-to-manager, organization-to-organization, and country-to-country. This course provides a foundation for developing your own approach to skillfully managing employees by illustrating alternative human resource management (HRM) strategies, introducing the importance of the legal context, and thinking about what motivates employees. This will then give you the factual and conceptual basis for developing specific, critical HRM skills in subsequent courses on hiring employees, managing performance, and rewarding employees. Don't know anything about HRM? That's OK! Leave this course with a new-found understanding of the range of options available for managing employees, a grasp of what makes workers tick, and the readiness to develop your own HRM skills....

MG

Mar 21, 2018

Excellent course structure, very clear and concise material, John Budd is teaching in a fun way, which helped me understand the syllabus, with short questions to help me think and not too long videos.

SH

Sep 01, 2020

Coursera is an online learning platform with a focus on higher education. Much like its competitors Udemy, MasterClass, and Skillshare, Coursera is completely online and covers a wide range of topics.

201 - 225 of 1,519 Reviews for Preparing to Manage Human Resources

By Rafay S

Jul 05, 2020

After taking this course my knowledge regarding to Human Resource Management enhanced and i it gives me a broader version to think strategically to achieve better outcomes.

By Shubham T

Jul 01, 2020

A very thorough course which was well explained. After watching the introductory video I was very excited and the faculty connected them very skillfully with great examples

By HITESH D

this course is really helpful to have an complete insight of how employees behave and what they actual demand from the organization and what in return organization demand.

By Davide U

Mar 28, 2020

Highly recommended for anyone who wants to understand how HRM looks like or is in charge of managing people and wants to do it in an effective, managerial and leading way.

By Sheraz K

May 16, 2017

I have enjoyed this course.My knowledge about HR has been polished through this course.My personnel development skills enhanced.I glad to joined such a informative course.

By Aishwarya M

Aug 21, 2018

Extremely informative and rich in terms of providing knowledge in this field, especially helpful for beginners who have nearly no practical experience in this world of HR

By Roger I

Sir John Budd thanks beautiful Explanation, Thanking for coursera and my College Deogiri Institute Of Engineering and management studies for making available this course

By Turan K

Jan 13, 2020

My deepest appreciation to the people who have been associated in creation of this valuable project , to all teachers and to Mr.John Budd .Thank you all to your support!

By Kemka W

Aug 26, 2017

The material is top notch, delivery perfect. Plenty of illustrations and real life examples. This course should be a prerequisite for qualification as a HR practitioner!

By Abhinav B

May 20, 2017

One of the best courses I have enrolled. The entire course is descriptive with focus on key concepts. Live examples from leading HRs are a big plus. Highly recommended.

By Ngozi A

Oct 01, 2020

A great course that lays the foundation for HR management. So many concepts explained that I never thought about previously. Can't wait to complete the specialization!

By Imad N

Jul 15, 2018

Excellent course! Highly recommended for anyone pursuing a career in Human Resources. It is appropriate even if you are not an HR professional, and are a line manager.

By Elise M

Great introductory course in HR! It provides a nice overview on a large range of HR policies and practices. I feel better prepared to continue learning in this area.

By Jared

Oct 05, 2020

This course provided a strong introduction to the HR field. I gained new skills to better manage my employees and become a more effective manager. Highly recommend!

By CHARMIS G T

Aug 16, 2020

The course is very engaging. This is very informative and provides different perspectives and fresh ideas. And I love how professor John Budd elaborate the lessons.

By BLESSY B A

Sep 26, 2020

A very interesting introduction into the technical aspects of Human Resources;would suggest this course to all those who are looking forward to build their in HR.

By Carla P C R

Aug 13, 2020

Thank you! This course offered a great introduction to HR for me and I appreciate all the work in designing it as well as the teacher's guidance in the videos!

By Nehal P

May 12, 2020

One of the most comprehensive courses on HRM. Covers holistic view. The 4 paintings and related HR strategy makes it really interesting and easy to understand

By Anmolpreet K

May 08, 2020

This course is amazing, i learnt a lot, its fun! Proff. john w budd taught the course in a very simple and easy language which creates a better understanding.

By Sherazade P

Jan 31, 2020

Everything in this course is explained in detail and in a really clear way.

Each video gives the main information in a brief way, so you can remember easily !

By Borislav M

Jan 02, 2020

I have learned so many new concepts and facts.

Professor Budd is entertaining and has broad vision. The lectures are very well structured.

Thank you, very much!

By Franklin T

May 13, 2020

Knowledge that could prove beneficial in the long run, not only in the human resource industry but also in managing individuals and colleagues. Great course!

By Usman G

Apr 11, 2020

It was having a really good time and you i learned a lot from this course . Your gentle guidance and willingness to help was so important to me. Thank you!

By Anna S

Jan 17, 2020

I loved the professor John Budd! He taught everything in a very comprehensive way. I learned a lot from this course and would definitely recommend taking it.

By Wendy M P c

Jul 07, 2020

I absolutely loved this course. It is simple yet has so much information that gives you a good start for a HR career. I can't wait to learn about the rest.