Back to Managing the Organization

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Managing the Organization by University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

This course is intended to help you become a better manager by helping you to more fully understand and deal with some of the complexities and challenges associated with managerial life in organizations. In this course, you will learn theories, principles, and frameworks that will help you to more effectively manage and lead the organizations that you belong to. We will view organizations from different perspectives that we will use as lenses to help us highlight common managerial challenges and point us toward solutions to those challenges. Some of these common challenges that we will explore in this course include using power effectively, implementing organizational change, understanding and managing organizational culture, decision-making including decision-making pitfalls and ethical traps, and leadership. As you learn and apply the principles from this course, you will be better prepared to navigate some of the complex challenges that you face as a manager....

RO

Oct 16, 2017

A well presented course for implementing strategy related to the elements from organizational design to execution. This course stresses the importance and necessity of an integrated process that is

DD

Apr 12, 2020

This course content is very practical and learned a lot of new methods, theories and tools. Thank you very much for the University of Illinois and professors who did the lecturers.

26 - 50 of 141 Reviews for Managing the Organization

By Fatima A

Jun 01, 2020

Amazing course. Gives brief introduction to the world of management and leadership. Introduces to various pitfalls and solutions to problems in organisations. Great explanation about leadership styles and their use.

By Aakriti G

Apr 02, 2019

A great way to learn about the various aspects of organisational Design and change leadership. Well articulated and demonstrated. The reading materials are interesting and helpful in understanding the context.

By RANDAL O

Oct 16, 2017

By Emi K

Dec 29, 2018

A good course for those interested in some of the basic concepts that underly why senior executives make the decisions they do regarding organizational design and management.

By Panagiotis K

Apr 11, 2020

Really interesting course with interesting videos and useful reading material! I warmly recommend it to those who want to get a first knowledge of the issues presented.

By Sohrob N G

Jul 30, 2019

Thanks for offering a useful course with lots of supporting videos, presentations, pdf files, and materials to test my comprehension level. Would definitely recommend.

By Antonio A E

Jul 14, 2019

Excelente curso. Claro, preciso y muy retador. Con grandes aprendizajes. Prof. Leblibici extraordinario instructor para aprendizaje significativo. Recomendable al 100%

By David H

Dec 11, 2019

I found this course very helpful in showing what the true responsibilities of managers are, and explaining the organizational designs we often see in companies.

By Maheshkumar P

May 20, 2017

Fantastic Course. I felt the course covered vast amount of ideas and management concepts. I also liked the required readings. Totally enjoyed this course...

By Bill

Jun 20, 2017

Excellent course. Excellent teacher. Excellent series. I like the range of readings, videos, tests and written assignments. Very highly recommended!

By Noman M A

May 21, 2017

An excellent course, which has been created by the professor keeping in mind the upcoming challenges of setting up and managing larger organizations

By Vince W

Dec 18, 2017

Really a great layout for this course, I have really enjoyed the sequence, case studies and lectures included with the course curriculum.

By Himanshu G

May 04, 2020

Great course! Lots of tough assignments that make you think. The course material is relevant and can be applied to work situations.

By S. I R

Dec 18, 2019

Really enjoyed learning how to manage an organization! Thank you very much for your invaluable insights! Best wishes - Indu Rupassara

By MUSA A

Mar 11, 2019

This course is loaded. Professor leblebici is superb. I learnt a lot from this course. Many thanks to Coursera and the lecturers.

By Tal L

Feb 21, 2020

Really enjoyed the Huseyin lectures.

Made me look at my organization design and functioning with new glasses.

By Elsa R

Jul 08, 2017

I wish I had more time to really absorb the material. Modules 3 & 4 really made me want to have classroom discussions

By Kyle J R

Jun 15, 2017

Excellent course, wonderful professor, and essential business concepts that everyone in the field should be aware of.

By Osman K

Jun 25, 2018

It is a well established course, you will have a great insight by having this course. I totally recommend it.

By Okwukwe D I

May 28, 2016

A very practical course. Worthy of enrollment by every business manager. Great course by a superb Professor.

By Joanna B

Aug 19, 2018

Excellent portion of knowledge, very interesting and varied course material. I really enjoyed this course.

By Nikhil U V

Nov 24, 2019

Very interesting course. Liked the discussions alot. Maybe the videos can be made a bit more interesting?

By Muhammad I

Oct 18, 2016

Still pursuing this course, but what I like is... This lecture gave real problem & solution sample.

By Dinh T K H

Apr 19, 2017

Amazing course with a lot of knowledge.Thanks the Instructors and all assistants for great work.

By John S

Dec 14, 2019

excellent instruction and passion for the topic. Not overbearing and well organized. thanks!