Back to Mandarin Chinese 1: Chinese for Beginners

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Mandarin Chinese 1: Chinese for Beginners by Shanghai Jiao Tong University

Mandarin Chinese 1: Chinese for beginners is a beginner's course of Mandarin Chinese. It uses lectures, short plays, interactive exercises and cultural tips to help learners build a fundamental capability of oral Chinese in real-life situations. At the end of the 5-week course, the learners will reach the following proficiency: ♦ 150 words ♦ 20 language points ♦ handling 5 real-life situations This is a beginners' course, therefore no prerequisite is required....

SR

Aug 09, 2020

Verry good. Chinese is difficult to learn but this course kept me intrested and practicing. I do recomend to print the pdfs so you can practice and keep information. Videos can be downloaded too.

NA

Apr 23, 2020

So I learned more things from here. Not only about the Chinese language but I really like Chinese culture and food too. This course is useful for everyone. Thank you so much.\n\nMr.Navin ARUNRAT

26 - 50 of 223 Reviews for Mandarin Chinese 1: Chinese for Beginners

By Natthanan C

Jul 10, 2020

Don't worry if you don't have any basic Chinese skills due to this course is too easy for beginners. Teacher 's English is really good at teaching foreigners. When you complete the course con can actually adapt to your real life.

By Garima R P

Sep 21, 2019

This is a very useful course for people who wish to learn the basics of Mandarin Chinese language and hope to / will be visiting China someday and are thus seeking to gather some rudimentary skills for managing themselves there.

By Farah A B M

Oct 09, 2020

An awesome course for beginner! This course has a great and a clear module, wherein you will learn basic daily conversation, Chinese characters, Chinese culture and there'll be quiz to assess your understanding. Recommended!

By Ethiel C

Jun 26, 2020

Curso bastante bueno para introducirse al idioma, aborda temas cotidianos que ayudan a poder entender de manera clara el idioma. Además, se explica un poco de fonética y también la forma en que las oraciones se deben formar.

By Carlos A L V

Aug 13, 2020

I studied Mandarin Chinese at school, and this is a really great course! It starts from the basics and everything that comes in the test are in the lessons, so the student should be able to complete without any problem.

By Jason C

Mar 26, 2017

In talking to a friend about learning Chinese, I surprised myself with how much information I've retained from this course. The teaching curriculum is fun and evidently effective. I highly recommend this course.

By Tanveer A S

Jun 19, 2018

It was a great opportunity for beginners to learn about the basic mandarin Chinese. By taking this course now I am able to speak about myself, my family and daily life conversation.Thanks for making this course.

By Stanley M

Mar 04, 2017

This course is very elementary and provides you with all you need to start learning Chinese. The material is very well structured. My pronunciation has improved a lot. Thank you for such an amazing course!

By Silvia P B R

Aug 09, 2020

By César A A

Jun 05, 2017

This course is very effectively designed to instruct beginners on the basic vocabulary, grammar and oral comprehension of Chinese language in context. I highly enjoyed it.

By Susan S

Feb 03, 2017

this course is very good and beneficial for my Chinese learning. the professor is very kind and I learn a lot of sentences which will be practical in my daily life.

By Stephan R

Jul 20, 2017

Nice and easy to learn. You will have video lessons as well as short text lessons.

Overall, a good start for those, who want to start learnin Mandarin Chinese.

By Wenwan L

Feb 03, 2017

The course is very helpful and interesting, especially the lessons are short and interesting and quiz makes it further easy. Thanks for such a nice course.

By ron a

May 15, 2020

I was auditing the course. I finished every assignment I was allowed. The course says overdue. It is apparently a bug since there is nothing to complete.

By Nataliia I

Jun 24, 2017

Thanks a lot for this course where I could train phonetics as I know that correct pronunciation of Chinese tones is very important for understanding.

By lillianwu

Jan 21, 2017

I really enjoyed the course. The instructors are fantastic, and I also liked the way they use videos and online interactions to deliver the content.

By Stella E

Feb 03, 2017

A really helpful mandarin learning course including several useful daily topics. The teaching methodologies are quite appropriate for beginners.

By Daniel M

Jul 12, 2017

This course gives you the option to learn the characters or to simply learn the pinyin. The dialogue videos and scripts are very helpful.

By Álvaro T

Sep 21, 2020

I invite you all to start this course. You'll find this can be a great language to learn, it is so important and truly interesting!

By Puteri S

Oct 27, 2020

Very good platform to learn mandarin. I enjoyed it. Cant wait to finished another 4 courses. Thank you for the opportunity!

By Jasper A T B

Jul 27, 2020

Amazing experience. The course content will suit anyone who wants to use Mandarin in the workplace/ future work place.

By MARGARITA B A

me encanto aprendí mucho y aun que no soy la mejor con el ingles me ayudo tambien en eso, siento que aprendí 2 idiomas

By Noormaizzattul A b A

May 01, 2020

It is a good course but the peer graded assignments need a lot of patience for people to review yours and vice versa

By Saira S

Nov 07, 2019

This is really interesting course which has helped me in understanding Chinese culture in much more broader aspect.

By Jesús R U D V

Sep 19, 2020

Los videos y expresiones son muy útiles y sencillas de entender. El material extra para escribir es lo mejor.