Back to Mandarin Chinese 1: Chinese for Beginners

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Mandarin Chinese 1: Chinese for Beginners by Shanghai Jiao Tong University

Mandarin Chinese 1: Chinese for beginners is a beginner's course of Mandarin Chinese. It uses lectures, short plays, interactive exercises and cultural tips to help learners build a fundamental capability of oral Chinese in real-life situations. At the end of the 5-week course, the learners will reach the following proficiency: ♦ 150 words ♦ 20 language points ♦ handling 5 real-life situations This is a beginners' course, therefore no prerequisite is required....

ME

Nov 09, 2017

This a great course to learn Chinese for real-life purposes. The pace is perfect for adult learners. It's also fun and not stressful at all.

DM

Jul 12, 2017

This course gives you the option to learn the characters or to simply learn the pinyin. The dialogue videos and scripts are very helpful.

26 - 50 of 84 Reviews for Mandarin Chinese 1: Chinese for Beginners

By Tanveer A S

Jun 19, 2018

It was a great opportunity for beginners to learn about the basic mandarin Chinese. By taking this course now I am able to speak about myself, my family and daily life conversation.Thanks for making this course.

By YU J 余

By Daniel M

Jul 12, 2017

By Jason C

Mar 26, 2017

In talking to a friend about learning Chinese, I surprised myself with how much information I've retained from this course. The teaching curriculum is fun and evidently effective. I highly recommend this course.

By Corina T

Jul 28, 2017

我很喜欢。I like it very much!

By Cristian Z A

Aug 30, 2017

Excelente curso

By Nataliia I

Jun 24, 2017

Thanks a lot for this course where I could train phonetics as I know that correct pronunciation of Chinese tones is very important for understanding.

By Iann A

Feb 18, 2017

This course is very useful for people who just started to learn Chinese. This course is very good. I have learnt much in a best way. The topics are useful and the vocabulary and grammar that we learn are at HSK 1 level. The quizzes are short and the deadlines motivate you and help you keep track. Thanks to Coursera for providing this course.

By Peipou F

Dec 04, 2017

I really enjoyed this course !!!

By Pedro H d S H

Apr 12, 2018

Very, very good.

By Stanley M

Mar 04, 2017

This course is very elementary and provides you with all you need to start learning Chinese. The material is very well structured. My pronunciation has improved a lot. Thank you for such an amazing course!

By JOSI

Oct 17, 2017

ótimo, adorei este curso!!!!

By GamerQueen333

Mar 01, 2017

It was helpful and taught everything you would need to know.

By Susan S

Feb 03, 2017

this course is very good and beneficial for my Chinese learning. the professor is very kind and I learn a lot of sentences which will be practical in my daily life.

By Ambreen

May 10, 2018

great course for beginners. Very easy to pick up

By Beyers F D W S

May 24, 2018

Excellent! If anyone can teach a 68-year-old "geyser" Mandarin, they deserve 5 stars. Will be going on to next course!

By mohammad n

Jun 18, 2017

very good for starter.

By Núria N G

Sep 19, 2017

Buen curso para tener unas ideas básicas.

By Andrew H

Feb 18, 2017

Thanks a lot to this course of great practicality. Lessons are quite clear and easily-understood. Practice and quiz with each lesson are really good for reviewing. I have acquired some daily and useful expressions through 3-week study.

By Б. М

Nov 06, 2017

By Sai S M

Apr 18, 2017

Course lessons are presented interestingly and in a helpful way to improve my Chinese language skills.

By Shivam K

Sep 15, 2017

Course was good. Instructor was dedicated and professional. She kept me engaged throughout the course and never let me feel bored. Course content was sufficient and well organised too. My overall experience was fantastic and it delivered everything, I had expected from this course. I look forward to take other leading courses on Chinese too.

Additionally a little focus on the Chinese Script would have a cherry on the cake.

Shivam Kumar

By Lily H

Mar 04, 2017

Excellent course! It helps me learn a lot in a best way. The topics including greeting, asking time, shopping, family and ordering food are quiet basic and useful. The causes are well-paced and i like the way the teacher speaks Chinese. The practice and quizzes help me keep track of what i have learned. I will recommend this course to anyone who wants to start to learn Chinese!

By sanjay d

Dec 19, 2017

For me this has been an excellent program. One may add that since Chinese is a tonal language and English language as practiced today, does not have ways and means to capture nuances of the Chinese language, it takes some time and effort to get understanding of it. I would like to complete the next stages of the course.