Back to Mandarin Chinese 1: Chinese for Beginners

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Mandarin Chinese 1: Chinese for Beginners by Shanghai Jiao Tong University

Mandarin Chinese 1: Chinese for beginners is a beginner's course of Mandarin Chinese. It uses lectures, short plays, interactive exercises and cultural tips to help learners build a fundamental capability of oral Chinese in real-life situations. At the end of the 5-week course, the learners will reach the following proficiency: ♦ 150 words ♦ 20 language points ♦ handling 5 real-life situations This is a beginners' course, therefore no prerequisite is required....

SR
Aug 8, 2020

Verry good. Chinese is difficult to learn but this course kept me intrested and practicing. I do recomend to print the pdfs so you can practice and keep information. Videos can be downloaded too.

NA
Apr 22, 2020

So I learned more things from here. Not only about the Chinese language but I really like Chinese culture and food too. This course is useful for everyone. Thank you so much.\n\nMr.Navin ARUNRAT

26 - 50 of 264 Reviews for Mandarin Chinese 1: Chinese for Beginners

By Riccio C

Feb 15, 2021

Hello everybody!!! I had a lot of fun learning the very basic of Chinese language with this method. Video are clear, tests are clear, chance to download specimen to practice writing. I think there is everything you need to receive pleasure in learning.

By Andrew H

Feb 17, 2017

Thanks a lot to this course of great practicality. Lessons are quite clear and easily-understood. Practice and quiz with each lesson are really good for reviewing. I have acquired some daily and useful expressions through 3-week study.

By Margaret

Feb 5, 2018

This course is very helpful. You have given us some of the most important phrases that we might use in everyday basis. I really recommend this course for anybody that's interested in Chinese and eventually become fluent in Chinese.

By Natthanan C

Jul 10, 2020

Don't worry if you don't have any basic Chinese skills due to this course is too easy for beginners. Teacher 's English is really good at teaching foreigners. When you complete the course con can actually adapt to your real life.

By Garima R P

Sep 21, 2019

This is a very useful course for people who wish to learn the basics of Mandarin Chinese language and hope to / will be visiting China someday and are thus seeking to gather some rudimentary skills for managing themselves there.

By Farah A B M

Oct 9, 2020

An awesome course for beginner! This course has a great and a clear module, wherein you will learn basic daily conversation, Chinese characters, Chinese culture and there'll be quiz to assess your understanding. Recommended!

By Ethiel C

Jun 25, 2020

Curso bastante bueno para introducirse al idioma, aborda temas cotidianos que ayudan a poder entender de manera clara el idioma. Además, se explica un poco de fonética y también la forma en que las oraciones se deben formar.

By Kulshira A

Feb 19, 2021

谢谢!Спасибо! Дайте нам возможность, чтобы мы лучше выучили китайский язык.Также есть сертификат! Это отличное приложение! Я тоже участвовал во втором курсе! С нетерпением жду свой сертификат! Когда оно будет отправлено?

By Carlos A L V

Aug 13, 2020

I studied Mandarin Chinese at school, and this is a really great course! It starts from the basics and everything that comes in the test are in the lessons, so the student should be able to complete without any problem.

By Jenny P M A

Nov 11, 2020

Buenas Tardes

Mi nombre es JENNY MORENO A y este curso me ha parecido EXPECTACULAR - EXCELENTE

Muchas Gracias a Coursera y a al Universidad de Shanghai Jiao Tong por esta gran oportunidad

Muchas Gracias

JENNY MORENO A

By Jason C

Mar 25, 2017

In talking to a friend about learning Chinese, I surprised myself with how much information I've retained from this course. The teaching curriculum is fun and evidently effective. I highly recommend this course.

By Tanveer A S

Jun 19, 2018

It was a great opportunity for beginners to learn about the basic mandarin Chinese. By taking this course now I am able to speak about myself, my family and daily life conversation.Thanks for making this course.

By Nutcha P

Feb 4, 2021

The course is good for everyone who wants to start learning Chinese and also for those who wants to review their basic. There're also practice sheets if anybody wants to practice writing all Chinese characters.

By Stanley M

Mar 3, 2017

This course is very elementary and provides you with all you need to start learning Chinese. The material is very well structured. My pronunciation has improved a lot. Thank you for such an amazing course!

By Silvia P B R

Aug 9, 2020

By César A

Jun 5, 2017

This course is very effectively designed to instruct beginners on the basic vocabulary, grammar and oral comprehension of Chinese language in context. I highly enjoyed it.

By Susan S

Feb 3, 2017

this course is very good and beneficial for my Chinese learning. the professor is very kind and I learn a lot of sentences which will be practical in my daily life.

By David S B

Dec 3, 2020

This course is excellent for beginners, I am amased of how much I learnt and how at the end of it I was able to say and record my first sentences in Mandarin.

By Stephan R

Jul 20, 2017

Nice and easy to learn. You will have video lessons as well as short text lessons.

Overall, a good start for those, who want to start learnin Mandarin Chinese.

By Wenwan L

Feb 2, 2017

The course is very helpful and interesting, especially the lessons are short and interesting and quiz makes it further easy. Thanks for such a nice course.

By ron a

May 15, 2020

I was auditing the course. I finished every assignment I was allowed. The course says overdue. It is apparently a bug since there is nothing to complete.

By Nataliia I

Jun 24, 2017

Thanks a lot for this course where I could train phonetics as I know that correct pronunciation of Chinese tones is very important for understanding.

By lillianwu

Jan 21, 2017

I really enjoyed the course. The instructors are fantastic, and I also liked the way they use videos and online interactions to deliver the content.

By Stella E

Feb 3, 2017

A really helpful mandarin learning course including several useful daily topics. The teaching methodologies are quite appropriate for beginners.

By Ana F

Nov 29, 2020

Nice explanations on how expressing time, talking about age, ordering food in Chinese and etc. Great cultural tips regarding Chinese etiquette