Back to Mandarin Chinese for Intermediate Learners: Part 1

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Mandarin Chinese for Intermediate Learners: Part 1 by Shanghai Jiao Tong University

"Mandarin Chinese 1: Chinese for Intermediate Learners" is the first course of the MOOC specialization "Learn Intermediate Mandarin Chinese" created by Shanghai Jiao Tong University....

PB
Jan 17, 2021

I get a lot of lessons and can hone my skills more. Thank you very much Shanghai Jiao Tong University and Coursera!

KI
Sep 9, 2018

This 8s an excellent course in common places and events.\n\nIt is quite different interesting

26 - 37 of 37 Reviews for Mandarin Chinese for Intermediate Learners: Part 1

优秀~

By Stephan R

Nov 19, 2018

Dear Instructors and Coursera team,

after finishing the Beginner`s Course in Hello Chinese, I was excited to receive an E-mail announcing the Intermediate part course. The structure fits my learning needs, so I am totally content.

One star is missing in my rating. I do miss some more grammar practices, which are not dependent on the current lesson. To me, it would be very helpful to do more excercises, where I have to tranfer the new skills to unknown sentences. However, you cannot match the interests of all learners, so I consider it not as a major issue.

The parts in which Anna explains new grammar could be a little longer to help the knowledge to settle "deeper in the brain".

Overall great job with just minor flaws in my view! Thanks for offering the course!

Stephan

By Luca

Sep 15, 2020

The course has a good amount of material and introduces a lot of new words up to HSK5, but I also found HSK6 words... while the course, grammar-side, prepares up to HSK3. The grammar points explanation is acceptable but could be better with more examples. I can't really understand the peer review at the end... it would be much better to have (in addiction) a "professional" evaluation from the course instructors. After all the certification is not free of charge and a native chinese instructor would need just a couple minutes to evaluate such a short talk.

Overall a nice experience, I'll try the orher courses in the specialization

4/5 stars

By Соколова А Р

Jun 21, 2020

Hi, everyone. In case you watch this review, hope you already have a good vocabulary level) Let me tell a bit about this course: 1. In general idea is very cool. We watch video and discuss grammer+vocabulary. Everythis is in action, so you can remember everything quite easy.

2. I would like to have more grammar practice, test in not enough.

Thanks a lot!

By Сергей П

Sep 22, 2021

T​hanks for making a comeback SJTU! I like that the Intermediate course still uses the same method as the Beginner's course. This method has helped me a lot in learning Mandarin. My recommendation for those who want to get more on the course is that you practice the vocabulary words a lot so you don't forget their meaning.

By John A G C

Nov 13, 2020

Submission portion has technical issue. It's hard to do peer reviews. It keeps on flashing no submission when I think there are. Have it checked please.

By Sarrah J L D

Apr 6, 2020

The quizzes are not coded well, but have to just guess. Other than that, the videos are very clear and easy to understand.

By Isabelle F D

Aug 13, 2020

It's a very good course! The grammar points are super useful, but I'm still worry about how to use it the right way.

By T. J I

May 12, 2020

A class for people wishing to refresh their intermediate level skills in Mandarin. Not recommended for one's first intermediate class in Mandarin.

By Twenty T

Aug 23, 2021

Spotted wrong translation & mistakes in quizzes.

Short lessons are a plus. Useful phrases, but the course need a check and clean up.