Back to Marketing in an Analog World

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Marketing in an Analog World by University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

Our new Digital World is dramatically changing the way in products are created, promoted, distributed, and consumed. Although these changes have been revolutionary, we still live in an Analog (or physical) World. For example, even today, over 90% of all sales are still conducted in Analog stores. Thus, both marketers and consumers must simultaneously navigate both the Analog and Digital Worlds on a daily basis. Although the Digital Revolution has received considerable attention in recent years, the impact of this revolution upon the Analog World has been largely ignored. This course examines this issue by asking, "How has the Digital Revolution impacted Marketing in an Analog World? This course will begin with an exploration of the key differences between the Analog and the Digital and then examine four ways in which the Analog World has been affected by the Digital Revolution: Domination, Resistance, Synergy, and Transformation. This course will contain several examples of each of these concepts and explore their implications for both marketers and consumers. This course will also employ a variety of learning techniques, including video lectures, case studies, hands-on exercises, and interviews with leading marketing scholars. The learning approach will be highly interactive; you will have the opportunity to engage in a variety of hands-on activities and be a member of a rich learning community. I hope you will join us in this educational adventure....

TJ

Oct 29, 2018

I learned to view the marketing in the analog world from a different angle , and learned how to interact with digital methods for the best gain in the analog narketing.

SV

May 20, 2019

For a new course - this is an eye-opener. I loved it and I enjoyed the examples that were given to us. I also enjoyed the lecturer - he has a good sense of humour :)

1 - 25 of 60 Reviews for Marketing in an Analog World

By Hevlin C d A C

Apr 26, 2019

Great course! I had a lot of fun learning, and i am sure the knowledge will be very useful in my marketing career

By Tal v D

May 02, 2019

I enjoy the course very much. I like the format and the explanation of all the concepts without entering too much in technical stuff. Conceptual thinking about building digital marketing strategies is really what I need. Thanks to Professor Rindfleisch and his staff!

By Sharlene V

May 20, 2019

By Osama K A

May 19, 2019

It is incredible amazing course, first time I see the title; I wasn't excited, because I didn't know what it is about. But when I started learning I've surprised the amount of useful information. It's really an important course I advise everyone to enrol in. I really like the Instructor's way of explanation, he makes the course easy to understand.

By Vladimir V

May 15, 2019

Excellent!. This course gave me a knowledge base on how the Marketing is taking advantage of the Synergy between the Analog and the Digital World.

By Meenakshi K

Jun 07, 2019

Wish to Congratulate Prof Aric for explaining the concept very thoroughly. His classes are amazing. The learnings he imparts stays as part of one's life. hanks Prof.

By Omar S O G

Mar 20, 2019

I do not recommend it. The material could be well be compressed into 1 module, and the examples are a bit dull actually. You could give a better use to your time.

By ayman m f e

Dec 18, 2018

REALLY EXCELLENT COURSE WITH SPLENDID TEACHER

By Carlos S

Nov 07, 2018

Great course.. a little bit abstract but definitely can challenge the way you think about products and services and how to market them.

By Veronica A

Nov 06, 2018

Lecture videos provided easy to understand concepts in layman's terms, especially for those new to Marketing as a subject. Professor Rindfleisch's jolly spirit was captured well and made each video enjoyable to watch while making learning fun.

By Roberto C V

Nov 06, 2018

If you want to know the future of retail, it's your course.

By Lin D

Feb 09, 2019

The course explore the boundary and intersection of digital and analog world of marketing. Prof. Rindfleisch has done a really great job curating insightful case studies and conducting fun experiments that display interactions of digital and analog. Valuable take-aways for the learners!

By Arjun B

Feb 15, 2019

I loved how this course was the most engaging of all. The lecturer used innovative ways to capture my attention like showing the adults colouring a book and him smashing a tomato to get a concept across. This was a particularly fun course that constantly kept me engaged. University of Illinois should make more of its courses as captivating and engaging as this one.

By Antony J L

Dec 15, 2018

Excellent course!!

By Frank S

Jan 15, 2019

The course was full of practical insights into the often bewildering world of digital/analog marketing. Real world examples of successful strategies digital marketers can leverage to take advantage of the unique attributes inherent in analog products serve up solutions that a canny marketer can apply to their products.

By Murtuza Z H K

Jul 31, 2018

Great course

By Edson d O V

Aug 27, 2018

One of the best COURSERA's courses!!! No doubt!!!

By Kumar V

Oct 11, 2018

An outstanding course that really dives into what's happening!

By John C

Sep 23, 2018

Best class of the digital marketing certification program. Great content and instructor. Aric Rindfleisch creates thoughtful and compelling classes. Best teacher by far in the Digital Marketing U of I study. I've been in marketing for over twenty years, so I've worked with a lived through a lot of digital marketing application. Courses are a nice refresh but seldom enlightening. The Marketing in an Analog World was a a nice surprise - thought provoking and focused in a an area that is all too easily dismissed in our rush to digitization.

By Andrés P B

Oct 04, 2018

This course is the perfect complement upgrade the strategical mindset on digital marketing!

By Jorge A G O

Apr 09, 2018

The course is really good, but the reviews work had a problem a lot of users use two start system and get stuck in the course. A lot of people get desperate.

By Vladyslav B

Oct 14, 2017

Interesting , useful, and entertaining course

By Farhad S R

May 07, 2018

The best course of this package.

By Ritesh K

Mar 11, 2018

excellent course. recommended only only for people persuing elarning in DIgitial Marketng .. But to all. this is a course which will make one realise how digital is good and bad .. and how to we go or go along with.

By Seif E T A