Back to Marketing in an Analog World

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Marketing in an Analog World by University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

Our new digital world is dramatically changing the way in which products are created, promoted, distributed, and consumed. Although these changes have been revolutionary, we still live in an analog (or physical) world. For example, even today, over 90% of all sales are still conducted in analog stores. Thus, both marketers and consumers must simultaneously navigate both the analog and digital worlds on a daily basis. Although the Digital Revolution has received considerable attention in recent years, the impact of this revolution upon the analog world has been largely ignored. This course examines this issue by asking how the Digital Revolution has impacted marketing in an analog world. The learning approach will be highly interactive, meaning that you will have both the opportunity to engage in a variety of hands-on activities and to participate as a member of a rich learning community. You will be able to: - Understand the key differences between the analog and the digital - Examine four ways in which the analog world has been affected by the digital revolution: domination, resistance, synergy, and transformation - Explore the implications of the analog world for both marketers and consumers This course is part of Gies College of Business’ suite of online programs, including the iMBA and iMSM. Learn more about admission into these programs and explore how your Coursera work can be leveraged if accepted into a degree program at https://degrees.giesbusiness.illinois.edu/idegrees/....

AS
Oct 10, 2020

Quite unique in its view of Analog VS. Digital in today's world. I would recommend it for any aspiring marketing professional as it offers a different perspective than most digital marketing courses.

LK
Apr 1, 2021

Professor Rindfleisch is a great professor. I look forward to his sessions because he always keeps it interesting and he seems so excited by what he teaches he makes it interested for me as well.

51 - 75 of 231 Reviews for Marketing in an Analog World

By Siyoung L

Sep 3, 2020

Thank you! I really enjoyed your style of teaching and the fact you made everything fun. I learned a lot and I wish I could actually take your courses in person. Thank you again!!!

By April W

Nov 7, 2019

All the videos were great. I actually am sad this class is over. Thank you for all the informative information. As well as keeping the subject matter interesting and relevant!

By Bénédicte M

Jun 20, 2019

I loved this course and found it really interesting. It is rather rare now to see people aknowledging that not everything has to be digital and that analog also has benefits.

By Diana G

Nov 9, 2020

Wow! A wonderful course. I learned so much and had so much fun. I was looking foward for the next exercise. Great examples. I am going to miss this course very much!!!!!

By Md. F R A

Jul 19, 2020

Mr. Aric Rindfleisch is undoubtedly one of the best when it comes to online courses, and designing them. Enjoyed this course, exercises, all the lectures, and everything.

By Laila C

Mar 31, 2021

Great course, Aric is engaging and explains really well. Case studies are always interesting. I have definitely learned many new things that I will take with me. Thanks!

By Tom J

Oct 28, 2018

I learned to view the marketing in the analog world from a different angle , and learned how to interact with digital methods for the best gain in the analog narketing.

By Ruhsun M

Nov 26, 2020

Aric is an amazing instructor, and the way he teaches is really amazing. Learned a lot of things about how should one prepare for the analog world in this digital age.

By Gary S

May 3, 2021

This course was very interesting and engaging. As a working professional, I really liked the inclusion of the practical marketing tips. The course is very worthwhile!

By Bo L

Nov 4, 2020

It's very interesting to learn the concepts of market in the analog world. Starting with digital dominance to analog resistance, then from synergy to transformation.

By Sharlene V

May 20, 2019

For a new course - this is an eye-opener. I loved it and I enjoyed the examples that were given to us. I also enjoyed the lecturer - he has a good sense of humour :)

By Jorge A G O

Apr 8, 2018

The course is really good, but the reviews work had a problem a lot of users use two start system and get stuck in the course. A lot of people get desperate.

By Teresa B

Nov 23, 2017

really interesting course with plenty of different materials to learn from. sometimes hard to complete in a reality different from the US, but great otherwise

By Anrica L

Sep 6, 2020

I enjoy professor Aric's courses, they are informative and interesting. Lots of projects and assignments means you have to think think deep on the subject.

By Christina D

Jan 15, 2021

I enjoyed very much this course and I fount it really interesting! I learnt a lot of things and I started looking things around me in a different way.

By Predrag T

Dec 7, 2020

This course really puts the digital in the aspect of analog, provides great understanding of their differences and how to leverage them as a marketer.

By Yuliia B

Apr 23, 2020

I am not sure that the information in this course will be important for my job and career, but it is very interesting and important for marketers.

By Paulina H H

Sep 14, 2020

It was an excellent course!! I loved the way the professor structured the lessons, the examples he gave and the way he explained the topics.

By N.Srinivas

Apr 1, 2020

Most fantastic course I've come across in a while. I thoroughly enjoyed the flow of program with Quizzes alongside case studies every week.

By Troy Q

Oct 28, 2020

Well organized and thoughtful course. Professor does good job "edutaining" to make the videos more engaging and informationally sticky.

By Carlos S

Nov 7, 2018

Great course.. a little bit abstract but definitely can challenge the way you think about products and services and how to market them.

By Sumana M

May 26, 2021

One of the best courses in the Digital Marketing Specialization. Professor Aric Rindfleisch is the best professor in the whole world!

By Veronica L

Dec 9, 2019

Great course, very interesting subject. Teacher is very good at teaching and you can see that he did put effort into teaching skills.

By Sina G

Oct 25, 2020

Amazing course with thought-provoking content taught by one of the greatest professors I have ever come across. Highly recommended.

By Alexandre R

Oct 7, 2019

Curso maravilho. Apresenta uma perspectiva completamente inovadora dentro da relação do mundo analógico com o digital. Recomendo.