Back to Marketing in an Analog World

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Marketing in an Analog World by University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

Our new Digital World is dramatically changing the way in products are created, promoted, distributed, and consumed. Although these changes have been revolutionary, we still live in an Analog (or physical) World. For example, even today, over 90% of all sales are still conducted in Analog stores. Thus, both marketers and consumers must simultaneously navigate both the Analog and Digital Worlds on a daily basis. Although the Digital Revolution has received considerable attention in recent years, the impact of this revolution upon the Analog World has been largely ignored. This course examines this issue by asking, "How has the Digital Revolution impacted Marketing in an Analog World? This course will begin with an exploration of the key differences between the Analog and the Digital and then examine four ways in which the Analog World has been affected by the Digital Revolution: Domination, Resistance, Synergy, and Transformation. This course will contain several examples of each of these concepts and explore their implications for both marketers and consumers. This course will also employ a variety of learning techniques, including video lectures, case studies, hands-on exercises, and interviews with leading marketing scholars. The learning approach will be highly interactive; you will have the opportunity to engage in a variety of hands-on activities and be a member of a rich learning community. I hope you will join us in this educational adventure....

AS
Oct 10, 2020

Quite unique in its view of Analog VS. Digital in today's world. I would recommend it for any aspiring marketing professional as it offers a different perspective than most digital marketing courses.

AA
Jan 30, 2020

Very good course. Prof. Aric delivered again just like he did in his other course Marketing in a Digital World. I will recommend it to anyone interested in a career in Digital Marketing.

51 - 75 of 220 Reviews for Marketing in an Analog World

By Diana G

Nov 9, 2020

Wow! A wonderful course. I learned so much and had so much fun. I was looking foward for the next exercise. Great examples. I am going to miss this course very much!!!!!

By Md. F R A

Jul 19, 2020

Mr. Aric Rindfleisch is undoubtedly one of the best when it comes to online courses, and designing them. Enjoyed this course, exercises, all the lectures, and everything.

By Tom J

Oct 28, 2018

I learned to view the marketing in the analog world from a different angle , and learned how to interact with digital methods for the best gain in the analog narketing.

By Ruhsun M

Nov 26, 2020

Aric is an amazing instructor, and the way he teaches is really amazing. Learned a lot of things about how should one prepare for the analog world in this digital age.

By Bo L

Nov 4, 2020

It's very interesting to learn the concepts of market in the analog world. Starting with digital dominance to analog resistance, then from synergy to transformation.

By Sharlene V

May 20, 2019

For a new course - this is an eye-opener. I loved it and I enjoyed the examples that were given to us. I also enjoyed the lecturer - he has a good sense of humour :)

By Jorge A G O

Apr 8, 2018

The course is really good, but the reviews work had a problem a lot of users use two start system and get stuck in the course. A lot of people get desperate.

By Teresa B

Nov 23, 2017

really interesting course with plenty of different materials to learn from. sometimes hard to complete in a reality different from the US, but great otherwise

By Anrica L

Sep 6, 2020

I enjoy professor Aric's courses, they are informative and interesting. Lots of projects and assignments means you have to think think deep on the subject.

By Christina D

Jan 15, 2021

I enjoyed very much this course and I fount it really interesting! I learnt a lot of things and I started looking things around me in a different way.

By Predrag T

Dec 7, 2020

This course really puts the digital in the aspect of analog, provides great understanding of their differences and how to leverage them as a marketer.

By Yuliia B

Apr 23, 2020

I am not sure that the information in this course will be important for my job and career, but it is very interesting and important for marketers.

By Paulina H H

Sep 14, 2020

It was an excellent course!! I loved the way the professor structured the lessons, the examples he gave and the way he explained the topics.

By N.Srinivas

Apr 1, 2020

Most fantastic course I've come across in a while. I thoroughly enjoyed the flow of program with Quizzes alongside case studies every week.

By Troy Q

Oct 28, 2020

Well organized and thoughtful course. Professor does good job "edutaining" to make the videos more engaging and informationally sticky.

By Carlos S

Nov 7, 2018

Great course.. a little bit abstract but definitely can challenge the way you think about products and services and how to market them.

By Veronica L

Dec 9, 2019

Great course, very interesting subject. Teacher is very good at teaching and you can see that he did put effort into teaching skills.

By Sina G

Oct 25, 2020

Amazing course with thought-provoking content taught by one of the greatest professors I have ever come across. Highly recommended.

By Alexandre R

Oct 7, 2019

Curso maravilho. Apresenta uma perspectiva completamente inovadora dentro da relação do mundo analógico com o digital. Recomendo.

By Paulo S M J

Dec 7, 2020

What a really well produced course. It provided me many real-world insights that I could apply directly to my work! Thank you.

By Daniel J V I

Mar 12, 2020

An excellent course to understand how digital marketing and analog marketing should be used together to gain better results.

By Himanshu G

Oct 25, 2020

Great course. Taught me that analog is not going anywhere and that digital and analog are not locked in a zero-sum game.

By Tasha F

Nov 4, 2019

I enjoyed this course and learned a lot about dominance, resistance, and synergies between the analog and digital worlds.

By Claudio L

Nov 10, 2017

Excellent course about Digital Transformation... very useful for emerging economies like Chile. Thanks Professor Eric..

By alvaro r b l

Oct 23, 2020

This is an extraordinary course given by Aric Rindfleish. Thanks for your knowledge and an excellent way of giving it.