Back to Digital Media and Marketing Strategies

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Digital Media and Marketing Strategies by University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

The proliferation of digital technology gives businesses a diverse new set of tools to reach, engage, monitor, and respond to consumers to an unprecedented degree. The aggregated and voluminous digital data can also be leveraged to better target specific consumer segments. Following the Digital Marketing Channels: The Landscape, this course aims to give you a deeper understanding of core processes of planning a digital marketing campaign and the role of various digital channels in an integrated marketing communication....

JJ

Aug 31, 2020

I think this course is much better than the Digital Media and Marketing Principles course. It gives us the opportunity to create our own digital marketing strategies and the reasons behind our choices

H

It's a great course for anyone who wants to pursue a career in digital marketing. It has provided me with clarity about each media channel and different ways to work on each to get maximum return.

26 - 50 of 455 Reviews for Digital Media and Marketing Strategies

By Andrea A

Dec 20, 2018

This was the most interesting and useful course in the specialisation. The teacher's explanations are clear and to the point and the interviews and insights have been really eye opening for my everyday job. I will definitely be coming back to review the lessons after the course is finished.

By Marco A G F

Sep 15, 2020

It was a great experience. From a social media professional perspective, the course achieved and even outperformed all expectations. The content is current, theory and real-world are balanced and mixed and important concepts and strategic thinking get together in a very effective approach.

By Sergio M B

Aug 16, 2020

Excellent course, very well organized content, if you do not have basic marketing knowledge it is not very easy to understand, but the sequence of topics, videos, readings, examples and exercises help a lot to understand marketing strategies, it is also necessary to do investigation.

By Shruti B

Oct 05, 2018

Very honestly, initially it took me awhile to focus on the course because of the online learning environment. But gradually, Prof. Mike Yao's simple yet effective teaching technique got me involved, opened up many doors to the digital world. This is just the beginning I'm sure...

By Rachel N

Professional, interesting and little bit short. Great for getting introduced to various strategies that helps your business. Also, given reading materials were interesting and enriched my whole experience and given me more information about my future job. (Everything's possible)

By Bobo C

Apr 17, 2016

Although the lecturer is just reading the textbook in the video, the textbook which the lecturer recommended to read in the beginning is really powerful. It provides all the tactics and practical methods to work in digital marketing field. I still deeply appreciate.

By Andile N

Oct 17, 2019

Very good course. I liked the detail and structure. Very informative as well. The only improvement I would make is to join the lecture videos together like Marketing in an Analog World (e.g. Lecture 1 & 2). Too many separate videos can be annoying for the students.

By Suraj N

Jan 05, 2020

Extremely good course. Mr. Yao teaches the basics as well as the intricate details of digital media and marketing along with the most important KPIs and makes you realize one of the fundamentals of marketing....what message do you want to convey and to whom?

By Nishan K

May 09, 2020

It helped me a lot to understand how digital marketing play vital role in in brand promotion and revenue generation. Good course for beginner in Digital marketing or business owners and entrepreneur who want to grow their business through digital marketing.

By Shashank J

Aug 06, 2019

This is an excellent course for both beginners and the veterans. As a practicing marketing professional, this helped me revisit my learning, understand other ways to target and plan my Digital Marketing plans, and know the importance of some tools and KPIs.

By Tal v D

Mar 19, 2019

I like very much that the course is focused on concepts and less on technical stuff. Not that those technical things are NOT important, it's just that with the clear explanations of digital marketing concepts things sound logic and start making sense.

By Ahmed O

Sep 03, 2020

I'm excited because this program broaden my knowledge more on new innovations, simplicity, professionalism, service, friendliness, excellence, trustworthiness with so much ideology approach to any kind of professional skills.

Thank you Coursera.

By Julia W

Mar 25, 2020

The best course I have taken on Coursera by now. The instructor explained very clearly and specifically. He provided only the information he needed in an accessible form. It is a mine of the most necessary knowledge for every digital marketer.

By ROBERT C M

Aug 31, 2019

I have really enjoyed how professor Mike Yao has presented the information. I never realized of intricate social media was. If I ever get a chance to put a social media/digital media at least I will have a basic understanding before beginning.

By TATIANA V

Jun 07, 2020

Thank you for this great course. It was very nice journey for me. Even beeing a marketing manager in an international companies for few years i had a chance to discover something new for my own development and my current bussiness. Thank you.

By Jesica S

Aug 01, 2020

I feel more secure now, I have learned to trust my marketing plans and strategies, expanding my knowledge with fundamentals and experiences of professionals in the area.

Very good level of classes and contents.

Thank you for this opportunity!

By Massimo C

Apr 18, 2020

Very good course, engaging assignments - I learnt many things about the trends in Digital Media and Marketing Strategies. The Professors is very clear, and the readings and interviews with professionals in digital marketing very enligthing.

By Hesham S

Sep 29, 2019

This one was way better than digital media and marketing principles course, course videos and materials was interesting and engaging

assignments was a bit challenging but helped me acquiring new skills and knowledge in digital strategies

By Syed A R

Jun 05, 2020

The course contained good reading and video materials along with effective peer-review assignments that elucidated me with how to make a good target market profile, media user profile, digital strategy proposal and evaluation strategy.

By MIAWAWANA G F

Oct 21, 2018

Très pertinent ce mooc,surtout bien actualisé. pour ceux veullent mettre à jour le connaissance et et ce performer dans domaine du marketing et stratégie digitale , je vous recommande fortement ce mooc.

trop cool !!!!!!!!!!!

By Tyrone L

Jun 09, 2020

This course was outstanding. I thought I knew all there was to Digital marketing. after taking this course I realized I didnt know enough before. I am now empowered to help my company more in the area of digital marketing

By David H G

Apr 27, 2020

I really enjoy learning through this course! The syllabus is well structured and I could understand step by step the details of this course. I am happy I found this course and I will take more of them in the near future.

By Dan S

May 04, 2020

Great course, best in the program so far. Good balance of work.

My only criticism is I felt the exams had to many questions based on the real world interviews though, 1 or 2 is ok, 4 is a bit too many in my opinion.

By Andrey S

Mar 23, 2016

I enjoyed the difficulty of this course, though I thought the video lectures being broken down was excessive. No need for 1 and 2 minute videos if you can incorporate them into the main video of the lecture.

By Nadia N

Jul 12, 2020

It is a great course! Not only providing theories but also very useful insights from professionals in digital marketing. It was eye-opening for me, especially on the campaign measurement part. Thanks, Mike!