Back to Mathematics for Computer Science

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Mathematics for Computer Science by University of London

4.1

“Welcome to Introduction to Numerical Mathematics. This is designed to give you part of the mathematical foundations needed to work in computer science in any of its strands, from business to visual digital arts, music, games. At any stage of the problem solving and modelling stage you will require numerical and computational tools. We get you started in binary and other number bases, some tools to make sense of sequences of numbers, how to represent space numerical using coordinates, how to study variations of quantities via functions and their graphs. For this we prepared computing and everyday life problems for you to solve using these tools, from sending secret messages to designing computer graphics. If you wish to take it further you can join the BSc Computer Science degree and complete the full module ‘Numerical Mathematics’. Enjoy!”...

NY
Jul 17, 2021

I personally really enjoyed learning these topics and everything about it. It was nice and understandable, easy to comprehend. The lectures and the instructor explained the stuff very well :)

AJ

There are problems with some of the quizzes and were extremely frustrating, but I had positive learning experience with Dr Sara Santos

26 - 50 of 53 Reviews for Mathematics for Computer Science

By DOMI E T J

Jun 20, 2020

I have learnt about how maths plays a good roles in computer science.

By Pedro B

May 3, 2021

terrible

By DANIEL T

Jul 1, 2021

Gracias por todo, ahora pude comprender varios temas nuevos, y cambiaron mi perspectiva de como entender matemáticas.

By kangwa m

Aug 14, 2021

Simple to understand and well taught, I can even the know the of a person by using card numbers.

By Reshma C

Aug 17, 2021

Best course. and it gives lots of questions to solve and to practice.

By Gerardo S

Mar 13, 2021

Excellent content and the way it was taught made it simple.

By jv r

Nov 9, 2020

Great course, Learn a lot, Build up my Fundation

By IBICO A R J

May 27, 2021

Awesome teacher ! Awesome course !

By Prethika S

Jun 20, 2020

....

By Alessio B

Jun 24, 2020

Pretty comprehensive overall but sometimes the gap between the difficulty of the tests compared to what was explained in the videos was frustrating. Also, I don't fully agree with the rating system since in a question with multiple valid answers if I mark 3 correct out of 4, with none wrong, I get 0 points. Also there's a small bug that sometimes gets triggered and prevent you from completing week 6.

By Yarek W

Aug 5, 2020

The lectures are great but the assignments are unevenly paced: the first assignments are very engaging and hands on then gradually become boring tests and quizzes.

The video lectures suffer from technical difficulties: audio dropouts and playback speed issues.

Quizzes are full of display bugs which make them impossible to pass: ie. the question doesn't display, or the math notation is all borked.

By Romaine G

Jun 14, 2020

This is by far the most in depth math education that I've experienced thus far. I would definitely recommend to anyone looking to increase their mathematical knowledge. However, there is a problem with the final exam that I've already reported. Because of this problem I have failed multiple times, making the process quite frustrating, but over a good course.

By Naved

Jun 28, 2020

Amazing course, truly. The instructor of the course was incredible at teaching and explaining things. On top of all the theory aspects course also offers optional content that applies to the real world. Thank you, Coursera for giving this opportunity to learn from one of if not the best teacher.

By Alberto S

Mar 23, 2020

It was challenging and at some parts a little bit ambiguous but I think the material was good and the teacher's passionate and funny personality made it an enjoyable experience.

By colorpoppin s

Oct 10, 2019

The course really expanded my math knowledge and sparked the interest to learn even more.

By Abanoub A

Apr 19, 2021

Quizzes are not the best, almost outdated and inaccurate sometimes

By Ngô T S

Aug 29, 2020

I would rate 5 stars if quizzes aren't buggy as hell

By VANAJA T

Jun 21, 2020

Good

By Animesh

Jul 7, 2019

The course was great with all perfect assignments and quizzes however I did like the 8hr penalty for each graded quiz. It was a long wait to take the graded quiz again which was quite stressful for me. Overall I would recommend the course to anyone who is just starting computer science or plans to revisit the basics of Compsci.

Aug 21, 2020

Overall it's a great introductory course, I struggled mostly with the later lessons (They are hard anyway) but some issues were regarding the quizzes, a bit more help from the staff to solve issues or explain would really make this course stand out.