Back to Mathematics for Computer Science

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Mathematics for Computer Science by University of London

4.2

“Welcome to Introduction to Numerical Mathematics. This is designed to give you part of the mathematical foundations needed to work in computer science in any of its strands, from business to visual digital arts, music, games. At any stage of the problem solving and modelling stage you will require numerical and computational tools. We get you started in binary and other number bases, some tools to make sense of sequences of numbers, how to represent space numerical using coordinates, how to study variations of quantities via functions and their graphs. For this we prepared computing and everyday life problems for you to solve using these tools, from sending secret messages to designing computer graphics. If you wish to take it further you can join the BSc Computer Science degree and complete the full module ‘Numerical Mathematics’. Enjoy!”...

AS

May 15, 2022

I totally loved it. For me Number bases, Modular arithmetic, Sequences and Series are a very important part of algorithms. Understanding them means there is a better chance of understanding algorithms

NN

Jul 17, 2021

I personally really enjoyed learning these topics and everything about it. It was nice and understandable, easy to comprehend. The lectures and the instructor explained the stuff very well :)

51 - 58 of 58 Reviews for Mathematics for Computer Science

By Abanoub A

Apr 19, 2021

Quizzes are not the best, almost outdated and inaccurate sometimes

By Ngô T S

Aug 29, 2020

I would rate 5 stars if quizzes aren't buggy as hell

By VANAJA T

Jun 21, 2020

Good

By Animesh

Jul 7, 2019

The course was great with all perfect assignments and quizzes however I did like the 8hr penalty for each graded quiz. It was a long wait to take the graded quiz again which was quite stressful for me. Overall I would recommend the course to anyone who is just starting computer science or plans to revisit the basics of Compsci.

Aug 21, 2020

Overall it's a great introductory course, I struggled mostly with the later lessons (They are hard anyway) but some issues were regarding the quizzes, a bit more help from the staff to solve issues or explain would really make this course stand out.

By Zain A

Jan 26, 2021

Struggled with a lot of concepts that weren't properly taught the extent they should've been. But regardless, for a course of around 3 months it taught me a lot. Finishing this course was like a weight lifted off of my shoulders

By Ivan C

Jul 8, 2020

Looks too difficult to follow if you have not study Maths for some time, so it is not very suitable for a hobbyist or freelance programmer. The course also requires additional equipment such as a physical scientific calculator and graph paper. I think this Coursera course is meant as a preparatory course for students who are planning to pursue a Computer Science degree.

By Raya R S

Aug 17, 2020

Overall, the course was great for beginners and mathematics enthusiasts like me, but I have one particular complaint. I finished the Honors part of the course, but I haven't received the certificate with "With Honors". Please look into the issue.