Back to Mechanics of Materials I: Fundamentals of Stress & Strain and Axial Loading

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Mechanics of Materials I: Fundamentals of Stress & Strain and Axial Loading by Georgia Institute of Technology

This course explores the topic of solid objects subjected to stress and strain. The methods taught in the course are used to predict the response of engineering structures to various types of loading, and to analyze the vulnerability of these structures to various failure modes. Axial loading with be the focus in this course. ------------------------------ The copyright of all content and materials in this course are owned by either the Georgia Tech Research Corporation or Dr. Wayne Whiteman. By participating in the course or using the content or materials, whether in whole or in part, you agree that you may download and use any content and/or material in this course for your own personal, non-commercial use only in a manner consistent with a student of any academic course. Any other use of the content and materials, including use by other academic universities or entities, is prohibited without express written permission of the Georgia Tech Research Corporation. Interested parties may contact Dr. Wayne Whiteman directly for information regarding the procedure to obtain a non-exclusive license....

RR

Sep 09, 2018

A very useful course for getting a strong foundation in strength of materials course. Definitely recommend to all who wants to learn it. Looking forward to future courses. Dr. Whiteman is outstanding.

DL

Jul 21, 2019

I can not afford to unlock the quizzes and assignments but I did learn and really enjoy taking this course. Thanks, for allowing us to take it on audit!.

76 - 100 of 150 Reviews for Mechanics of Materials I: Fundamentals of Stress & Strain and Axial Loading

By Alfonso M

May 15, 2017

It was a very well course and I hope this can help me in my life

By Ashutosh S

Jun 02, 2017

Amazing course. I have already studied this course during my undergrad but this experience was different, the derivations specifically which i would have never understood and their significance, are now crystal clear. I would request the professor to start a course on structural analysis and some modelling software so that these concepts could be related. A course in Finite element modelling is highly appreciated. Thanks alot.

By Dhruv G

Nov 13, 2017

Really enjoyed this course. Thoroughly understood. Content delivery was great.

By madhankumar

Mar 27, 2017

this course very use full in my life

By Umair A S

Mar 27, 2018

I am a Mechanical Engineer and like most of them engineers, I had very weak concepts of basics of Mechanical Engineering. Then I came across this series of courses from Dr. Whiteman and believe me or not, I have learned more from him than my 4 years at an engineering university. He has this amazing quality of delivering the concepts in a very easy, understandable way. I really want to thank Dr. Whiteman for designing this amazing course and Coursera for providing us the platform to learn. They are really serving the humanity and mankind.

As for Dr. Whiteman. I would say Thank you, Sir!!!!

You have my respect for the lifetime.

By Carlos R P A

Jun 04, 2016

I study civil engineering and I think the course is a great opportunity for any student.

Thank you very much.

By Daniel H

Jan 15, 2016

This course is well-organized and well-paced, has great visuals, and is very comprehensible. Highly recommended!

By Navneet Y

Sep 11, 2016

great course!!! feeling motivated to complete next three courses in this series.

By Mohammad H S

Feb 13, 2016

I really thank to Coursera Community and Goergia Tech for organizing such useful courses.

By mohsen a e

Jan 07, 2017

very good course

By Ranjan K

Jan 31, 2017

Really applicable course .Great teaching skills.

By Leonardus Y S S

Feb 22, 2018

Good explained, very important basic for more advanced lessons in Mechanics of Materials

By Aitor A

Mar 29, 2016

I have really enjoyed this course. It has allowed me to review some of the aspects I studied at the modules of continuum mechanics at University. Dr. Whiteman clearly explains all the concepts and makes learning really easy. I appreciate a lot Dr. Whiteman´s work and I would like to encourage him to follow this path. Thank you very much for everything!

By Yifei

Apr 28, 2018

The best online course I have ever taken. Unlike most of other MOOC, the instruction of this course is very easy to follow.

By Shikhar S

Jan 04, 2017

NIce course and certification even helps us in recruitment processes.

By Roberto S Y

Nov 26, 2015

Its good to have this subject for review.

By Raghavendra B K

Feb 29, 2016

awesome

By Ausdell

Mar 08, 2016

Excellent instructor. Easy to understand. Great examples. Linkage to real world applications.

By RAJENDRA P

Jan 25, 2016

Very Nice teaching method........Easy to follow........Thank you Georgia Institute of Technology

By Mehrshad M

Feb 15, 2016

a great teacher with thoughtful method!

By andrefeb20@gmail.com

Sep 10, 2016

Buen curso de Mecánica de Materiales.

By Kunal T

Dec 06, 2016

awesome teaching

By ektifaa s

Apr 23, 2017

It is a useful and great course ..thank you Dr.

By OSCAR G G

Jul 04, 2017

Dr Whiteman is always a great teacher, congratulations !!

By Byungkeun S