Back to Understanding Medical Research: Your Facebook Friend is Wrong

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Understanding Medical Research: Your Facebook Friend is Wrong by Yale University

How can you tell if the bold headlines seen on social media are truly touting the next big thing or if the article isn't worth the paper it's printed on? Understanding Medical Studies, will provide you with the tools and skills you need to critically interpret medical studies, and determine for yourself the difference between good and bad science. The course covers study-design, research methods, and statistical interpretation. It also delves into the dark side of medical research by covering fraud, biases, and common misinterpretations of data. Each lesson will highlight case-studies from real-world journal articles. By the end of this course, you'll have the tools you need to determine the trustworthiness of the scientific information you're reading and, of course, whether or not your Facebook friend is wrong. This course was made possible in part by the George M. O'Brien Kidney Center at Yale....

LT
Apr 29, 2020

I enjoy studying this course , the material and video example are well made ,and easy to understand too . Overall this course is great and really helpful it also help me improve on my judgement skill.

JA
Jul 24, 2020

This is a great course that helps you interpret the correct way to read clinical studies. It's something I'll use, especially when and if I am asked to take a medication that has serious side effects.

151 - 175 of 445 Reviews for Understanding Medical Research: Your Facebook Friend is Wrong

By John K

Dec 30, 2020

Initially I thought that I had bitten off more than I could chew, but in the long run, it was very interesting. I certainly am better equipped to read a medical research paper.

By Rathnayaka M N C N R

Nov 29, 2020

Great nicely arranged course with very clear slides ...Thank you all....Good luck and I'm highly recommended this course who are planning to do a research on medical field....

By Harshitha R

Jul 17, 2020

The best course I've done on Coursera so far! Thank you Dr.Wilson for being so informative and captivating in your teaching methods, I am truly delighted to be more informed!

By Anastasis A

Jun 7, 2020

Incredibly engaging course with concise descriptions of often complex topics. If you're looking for a crash-course approach to medical literature, this is the course for you!

By Molly S

Jul 31, 2020

So much information! It feels dense, but it is very useful, and the examples are fun and applicable! The professor / lectures are engaging and use great visuals. Well done!

By Leonardo M

I really enjoy this course, the way concepts are presented makes it easy to understand them.

I hope there will be more courses in the future deepening the concepts learned.

By Kieu T H

Sep 12, 2020

The course is amazing. I have already known some information before the course, but It is very clear after study. Thank you, Professor and look forward to your new course.

By Jelli K

Jan 4, 2021

Sign up originally to understand better relative & absolute risk, and found A Great overview of how to understand Medical Research , makes you think of the finer details.

By Zuzana Š

Apr 1, 2021

I recommend this course, the videos are super clear, most of the topics are not overwhelming to understand and the knowledge I gained from this course is very practical.

By Abdulaziz A

Jun 28, 2020

Literally, the best online course I've ever enrolled in. Very informative, with well-constructed designs and visuals. Also, the instructor is so engaging. It was fun!

By Brian D

Feb 28, 2021

This was an excellent course and extremely useful as a primer to understanding medical research and placing it into a larger context for meaningful decision-making.

By Jie S

Dr. Wilson made the course so interesting. Quiz helps to review the key concepts and also build my confidence to keep learning. A good way to learn something fancy.

By divya p

Feb 1, 2021

The absolute best course that tackles biostatistics at a conceptual level and interpretation of clinical trials! So engaging you might binge-watch it (like I did )

By Angela C

Mar 3, 2021

This was such an engaging, interesting and informative course. Dr. Wilson, I wish that you were my mentor, I’m going to miss learning from you so much! Thank you.

By Lillian

Dec 27, 2020

very well structured. Prof has very broad knowl3dge of the subject and examples used are very nice, clear and straight to point. Big SALUTE to you Prof. thank you

By Kristy H

Mar 17, 2021

Very informative course! The instructor kept me entertained and engaged with use of humor, examples and enthusiasm. Will definitely take another Coursera course.

By Anne G

Jan 5, 2021

I am so thankful to have taken this class. Much of my other coursework was put into a new context and as a result the concepts make more sense. Thanks so much!

By Teele K

Dec 24, 2020

Great course! Very good for revising statistical concepts but I also gained a lot of new knowledge. Different examples made harder points easier to understand.

By Joanie

May 4, 2021

Interesting, well made and engaging. Easy to follow and understand. I personally don't like the part that says: "Your Facebook Friend is wrong" in the title.

By Rae R

Jul 24, 2020

Dr. Perry was AMAZING! He really made this course fun to watch. I enjoyed the videos very much.

Fantastic instructor. Wish they were all like Dr. Perry.

By Lauren S

Feb 14, 2021

Very informative and helpful in understanding the breakdown of medical research! I look forward to applying this information in my everyday job. Thank you!

By Susan H

Sep 8, 2020

This course was factual and fun. Even if you are not a science nerd, you will still enjoy it. Huge thanks to Dr Wilson and the team for making science fun!

By Rob O

Jul 21, 2020

Brilliant course, fantastic tutor who manages to make even the more mundane topics interesting (and sometimes even funny!). I highly recommend this course.

By R. S S

Dec 26, 2020

Closer to a 5 than a 4. You can't explain everything to everybody, and you can't fix all the problems of science in one course, but Perry came darn close!