Back to The Social Context of Mental Health and Illness

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Social Context of Mental Health and Illness by University of Toronto

Learn how social factors promote mental health, influence the onset and course of mental illness, and affect how mental illnesses are diagnosed and treated. This course explores how our understanding of mental health and illness has been influenced by social attitudes and social developments in North America and around the world. The course begins by situating our contemporary mental health practices in historical context, then looks at different aspects of mental health, mental illness and mental health services and their connections to what’s going on in our social environment....

AW

Sep 27, 2020

A very enlightening course. This opened my eyes a lot more to what Mental health is all about and how patients with diverse mental illness struggle through their journey to healing and recovery.

HA

Aug 18, 2020

This is a very interesting and eye opening course. Professor Williams explained in such a way that students like me with zero knowledge could understand and be interested. Highly recommended.

76 - 100 of 155 Reviews for The Social Context of Mental Health and Illness

By Toluwanimi

Oct 26, 2017

Facilitator is very engaging and brings the subject to life. Will definitely recommend to anyone with any remote interest in mental hea

By Freddy A P V

Sep 28, 2020

I like it because i learn to be more human and consider other things, with a different perspective and tak in count the social context

By Blessing O

Mar 2, 2021

The tutor was very insightful. Listening to her was like anticipating water in an arid desert, you just know it's going to be GOLD!

By Erin V B

Jun 9, 2020

Very well put together and executed, lots of material to cover but once you are finished the course you have a far deeper insight

By Edwin M M

Dec 6, 2021

Very informative and the lessons are well articulated. Highly recommend to anyone willing to learn more about mental health.

By Doni W

Dec 31, 2020

Charmaine Williams , a wonderful instructor. Peers were also very welcoming and warm. All helped me throughout the course.

By Pablo G A

Feb 28, 2021

One of the best educational resources on the topic of mental health. Thanks for everything, Charmaine and the whole team.

By Renata R S

Apr 5, 2021

Amazing how professor Charmaine exposed the content of the course with an humane, sensible and comprehensive approach.

By Lilian I I

Professor Williams is very knowledgeable and inspiring educator. The course was very detailed and evidence-based.

By ANJALY M J 1

Dec 16, 2020

A brilliant, multi-cultural dive into mental health. Don't miss out on the great papers in the reading section!

By Bev K

May 30, 2017

I enjoyed taking this class. I learned some interesting facts about mental illness and genetic propensities.

By Enid

Mar 31, 2021

Es un excelente curso que a mi consideracion debe ser tomado por cualquier profesional de la conducta.

By Eva K

Jan 29, 2017

This course helps to expand my views and critical thinking about mental health and mental illness.

By Shannon Z

Sep 3, 2020

Thoroughly enjoyed this course and Charmaine was excellent, knowledgeable and easy to listen to!

By Mohamed Z

Jun 27, 2020

Very Knowledgeable. I will use my learning's in my to help and understand others better.

By Katerina S

Jan 29, 2018

The material was updated and very thoroughly presented. Assignments were very helpful.

By adina d

Apr 15, 2021

It was a little changeling for me since I have been diagnose with oncoming dementia

By Lisa M

Jan 30, 2017

I learned so much more on the history of Mental Health and Illness!! Thanks So Much!!

By Daithi M W

Mar 25, 2018

Great course. Very interesting topic, well-presented, and lots of useful readings.

By Pori S

Mar 31, 2022

I had gain lots of knowlege about the social context of mental health and illness

By Teresa J

Mar 30, 2021

Excellent delivery and balance of content. I would highly recommend this course.

By Gabriela C

Really interesting! Made me learn and have more empathy with mentally ill people.

By kimberly G c

May 23, 2018

well worth the time. The professor makes the course easy to learn from.

By Marlaina R

Feb 19, 2018

Great course! I learned so much about mental health and social context.

By Anastasia I

May 18, 2018

Great content. A lot of information about mental health and illness.