Back to Gut Check: Exploring Your Microbiome

Gut Check: Exploring Your Microbiome, University of Colorado Boulder

About this Course

Imagine if there were an organ in your body that weighed as much as your brain, that affected your health, your weight, and even your behavior. Wouldn’t you want to know more about it? There is such an organ — the collection of microbes in and on your body, your human microbiome....

By AF

Feb 11, 2017

Very informative! Everybody should take this course, to know more about their own microbiome...\n\nThe first lessons are not so exciting, but hang in there! The most interesting parts come later ;)

By GR

Jul 01, 2018

It was a good experience, and while I'm not too big on microbiology in general, I was intrigued in the role our microbiome plays in our lives. The summer I did this changed my life in a way. :)

175 Reviews

By Shaun Cumby

Feb 15, 2019

Good overview of an interesting subject.

By Valeriia Evglevska

Feb 07, 2019

Thanks for the course!

By dawn bradshaw

Feb 06, 2019

Really useful course! I learned a lot. Sounded a lot like a commercial on the last day, however.

By Liling Tan

Jan 28, 2019

Informative content to kickstart my learning journey on the gut microbiome, coming from a background with minimal knowledge in microbiology

By Laura S. Newcomb

Jan 02, 2019

I really enjoyed this course and learned an incredible amount and good information regarding microbiome. Highly recommended!

By Javier Cuervo

Dec 30, 2018

Excellent course

By Gitanjali Rachakonda

Jul 01, 2018

By Mark

Jun 23, 2018

Extremely clear presentations by the researchers, but loses 2 stars for relying on assignments based on Google Docs which did not load properly and resulted in me not being able to complete the course.

By Ram Hariharan

Jun 17, 2018

One of the most eye-opening and thought-provoking courses I've taken on Coursera. Every week has at least one amazing insight... and some weeks have two or three. Highly recommended.

By Isabelle Naas

Jun 11, 2018

VEry interesting, and quite complete. I recommend it!