Back to Gut Check: Exploring Your Microbiome

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Gut Check: Exploring Your Microbiome by University of Colorado Boulder

Imagine if there were an organ in your body that weighed as much as your brain, that affected your health, your weight, and even your behavior. Wouldn’t you want to know more about it? There is such an organ — the collection of microbes in and on your body, your human microbiome....

AF

Feb 11, 2017

Very informative! Everybody should take this course, to know more about their own microbiome...\n\nThe first lessons are not so exciting, but hang in there! The most interesting parts come later ;)

GR

Jul 01, 2018

It was a good experience, and while I'm not too big on microbiology in general, I was intrigued in the role our microbiome plays in our lives. The summer I did this changed my life in a way. :)

26 - 50 of 248 Reviews for Gut Check: Exploring Your Microbiome

By Delia L

Oct 24, 2016

Excellent course, engaging, explaining the science and methods behind the famous graph plotting the microbiome of different body areas (and the evolution from infant to adult). Good review of factors connected to the microbiome (diet, antibiotics...). Reflection about personal case and lifestyle. Informative and fun.

By craig k

Jul 17, 2017

I truly enjoyed this course. It wasnt to heavy, but i did manage to learn a lot more of the technical aspects of sequencing and so forth that i was completely naive to. As a Nutritionist i am passionate about the GUT and our individual Microbiota and this was just awesome. Thank you team!

By Polly

Jun 30, 2020

Excellent course to take if interested in the microbiome or going onto study this further in a medical world. I have used it as a plant based chef and nutritionist who is fascinated by the microbiome and how it plays such a vital part in our health. Totally recommend the course.

By RAICHEL T J

I totally enjoyed learning this course .All the faculties are so much experienced and well explaining each and every concepts.If you are interested in revealing the mystery inside your gut ,just go through this .I am also eagerly waiting for new courses from the same University

By Pauline E

Feb 25, 2016

Unsuspectedly fascinating world to explore with solid connections to real world and immediate health issues. Potential for groundbreaking medical advances positively explosive. Loved the course, appreciated the information and has led me to a new-found interest.

By Ekaterina

Dec 15, 2016

Great introductory course! I had no doubt that there was a connection between what we eat and our health, but I had very little to no idea how much microbes are involved in our being. I enjoyed this course very much and will recommend it to others!

Thank you!

By Anne G

Sep 03, 2015

Exciting new discoveries to be made! This course will help me to get to grips with whats happening in this field now and allow me to follow and understand new data as it comes out. If gut microbes are interesting to you then this course is for you.

By Vafa D

Feb 22, 2019

Highly recommended for anyone interested in the microbiome, including those working in medical and scientific fields. The next 10 years should see significant advances in this field and the relation between the microbiome in health and disease.

By Lynnette C

Mar 12, 2018

Very informative. Got a lot of insights into the gut microbiome, and my personal journey to understanding the potential relationship of changes in the human microbiota to health and disease. Also helpful in interpreting my AGP results.

By Susanne W

Jun 04, 2017

I completed the course more than a year ago and am still fascinated by the dedication, the very easy to understand explanations, the diversified arrangement of the course with the interviews and perspectives. Thank you very very much!

By sreeja m

Jul 27, 2020

Very informative and effective! They also include many web interviews of the researchers who have ongoing projects to the topics the course teaches.Efforts are seen clearly to make the course interesting by explaining using models.

By Andres P

Excellent course, nice videos and insights. Nice rhythm too, the videos are short and it is easy to watch all in a round doing brief pauses. Keeping a log of what we eat and sharing and evaluating other participants is a nice idea.

By Ana V U B

Mar 30, 2017

Eu amei o curso. Aprendi muito sobre a microbiota intestinal e como ela influencia em muitos aspectos a saúde. Com esse curso estou mais preparada profissionalmente e mais preparada para tomar certas decisões em minha vida pessoal.

By Claudia G

Mar 27, 2019

I truly enjoyed this course and learned quite a bit more than expected. I have been researching and learning about the microbiome on my own for about a year now, and taking this courses added to my knowledge bank on this topic.

By Oliver D

Jul 06, 2020

This structured course is very informative for those venturing into microbiome research. As a student seeking to expand my knowledge about the human microbiome, I found this course to be beneficial. I highly recommend it.

By john l

Aug 24, 2015

Very good course. I like the course assignments.

For one who have not taken a biology course before, it is tough, though broad reading over the years about health, and having worked in a biotechnology companies helped.

By Nathan V O B

Apr 04, 2016

Excellent overview of the Human Microbiome. Covers DNA sequencing techniques and culturing methods practiced in the Knight Lab at the University of Colorado at Boulder for many types of microbes associated with humans.

By Joana S O

This course has been very interesting and with useful information. Many thanks to the speakers and universities involved in its development. I would like there to be another second course related to this topic.

By Adolfo P R

Jul 30, 2020

Molt bon curs, tant per la temàtica tractada, com per les persones que han intervingut. Es nota que son grans profesionals que dominen la temática i la seva forma de exposarla també ha estat molt bona. Gracies

By Sheela R

Aug 25, 2020

It was a very useful course on how to develop good microbes in our gut & the consequences of unhealthy food and lifestyle. Learnt about the good & bad microbes and it was highly informative. Thanks so much.

By Bruna C L

Jul 09, 2020

This course is a great opportunity to develop our knowledge of the intestinal microbiome. I really enjoyed this course and I also strongly recommend it to everyone who wants to learn more about the subject.

By Iyarit T

Excellent course covering comprehensive contents on human gut microbiome. Highly recommend for science enthusiasts and health-conscious individuals alike. You will not see your diet the same way again!

By Leo V B

Nov 01, 2015

What a privilege to be taught by the people who are actually doing real work in pushing these areas forward. Congratulations to them and to all the people who are making their work possible. Thank you.

By Gitanjali R