Back to Gut Check: Exploring Your Microbiome

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Gut Check: Exploring Your Microbiome by University of Colorado Boulder

Imagine if there were an organ in your body that weighed as much as your brain, that affected your health, your weight, and even your behavior. Wouldn’t you want to know more about it? There is such an organ — the collection of microbes in and on your body, your human microbiome....

AF

Feb 11, 2017

Very informative! Everybody should take this course, to know more about their own microbiome...\n\nThe first lessons are not so exciting, but hang in there! The most interesting parts come later ;)

GR

Jul 01, 2018

It was a good experience, and while I'm not too big on microbiology in general, I was intrigued in the role our microbiome plays in our lives. The summer I did this changed my life in a way. :)

26 - 50 of 192 Reviews for Gut Check: Exploring Your Microbiome

By Leandro C

Jan 09, 2017

This course was excellent and it made me change the way i see myself and the world.

By Irina

Jun 02, 2017

After this course you understand the underlying causes of various health issues that I haven't heard in other courses. I recommend this course t

By Filomena N

Mar 14, 2018

Exceptionally great! Looking forward for next ones!

By Leslie K

Mar 30, 2018

Fantastic foundational course in the gut microbiome. I was impressed by the section on genetic sequencing and learned a lot. I would love a follow-on course in this subject to learn more about specific gut bacteria and impact on human health. For anyone interested in getting a solid base in gut biome science, I would start with this course.

By LENISE C T

Nov 13, 2017

THIS COURSE WAS VERY HELPFUL INDEED.

By Sebastien F

Feb 01, 2018

This is a very good introduction course

By craig k

Jul 17, 2017

I truly enjoyed this course. It wasnt to heavy, but i did manage to learn a lot more of the technical aspects of sequencing and so forth that i was completely naive to. As a Nutritionist i am passionate about the GUT and our individual Microbiota and this was just awesome. Thank you team!

By Mariana E

Feb 25, 2018

Very well explained. Contains information that a ton of people have no idea of and really need to know. I was left hungry for more information.

By Lynnette C

Mar 12, 2018

Very informative. Got a lot of insights into the gut microbiome, and my personal journey to understanding the potential relationship of changes in the human microbiota to health and disease. Also helpful in interpreting my AGP results.

By Fiona H

Sep 30, 2017

This course was really interesting and informative. It has inspired lots of further reading and an interest in further study.

By Jana M

Oct 09, 2017

This course is excellent. I highly recommended this course.

By Alejandro C S

May 25, 2018

Amazing course, its perfect for having a first approach to microbial ecology, computational biology and new trends in microbiology.

By Camilla W B

Oct 19, 2017

Great combination of theory and practice - and also very pragmatic. Even for someone with a no-science background.

By LUCIA V P

May 24, 2018

It wasn't easy but I did it! Thank you for such an awesome course! I really learned a lot during these 6 weeks.

By Carla M

Apr 04, 2018

Very good, with a lot of resources to thing about our own health and body

By Diego A R A

Oct 03, 2015

Interesting, innovator, completly recommended. If you like microbes and are interested on the latest research of microbiome you should take this course.

By Berniza M C P

Aug 22, 2016

Excellent, I learned a lot. Thank you so much.

By Fleckinger O

Oct 17, 2015

Amazing

By K K P

Aug 20, 2015

"Gut Check: Exploring Your Microbiome" is a fabulously informative course that contains a significant amount of pertinent information presented in a well-paced, user-friendly manner. The class offers high quality ancillary resources for further research on the topic in the forms of interviews, journal articles, books and website links.

I would recommend this course to anyone who might have an interest in the gut microbiome, whether it be for personal reasons or for academic research as it provides a solid foundation for future studies in this arena.

By Inge R

Nov 04, 2015

An excellent course that gives a comprehensive insight into gut microbiome research, available open source data readings. I appreciated the broad sprectrum of speakers and interview partners from different universities, institutes and projects. Listening to different people's voices and having the speaker in close-up (camera settings), made it easy to follow and stay tuned. Thank you so much for this great work.

By Leticia F

Feb 23, 2016

Great course! I was just a bit confused at the end with the different types of microbes found in the firmicute and bacteriodetes phyla.

By David D

Feb 08, 2016

I liked most everything about this course, even if it stretches one to understand / pronounce the biological terms. Still it is better to have a little more of the scientific component than too less. The videos were very well done, good to have the sub-titles because sometimes with Rob it was had to follow so it was nice to read too.

The extra material and reference were also well appreciated. In fact we would be very interested to follow-up if/when more results of the project are known. Hint - write another book!

By john l

Aug 24, 2015

Very good course. I like the course assignments.

For one who have not taken a biology course before, it is tough, though broad reading over the years about health, and having worked in a biotechnology companies helped.

By Diana M G G

Nov 13, 2016

Excellent course. Very interesting.

By Yvonne M R

Dec 23, 2015

Found it interesting and informative.