Back to Gut Check: Exploring Your Microbiome

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Gut Check: Exploring Your Microbiome by University of Colorado Boulder

Imagine if there were an organ in your body that weighed as much as your brain, that affected your health, your weight, and even your behavior. Wouldn’t you want to know more about it? There is such an organ — the collection of microbes in and on your body, your human microbiome....

AF

Feb 11, 2017

Very informative! Everybody should take this course, to know more about their own microbiome...\n\nThe first lessons are not so exciting, but hang in there! The most interesting parts come later ;)

GR

Jul 01, 2018

It was a good experience, and while I'm not too big on microbiology in general, I was intrigued in the role our microbiome plays in our lives. The summer I did this changed my life in a way. :)

126 - 150 of 192 Reviews for Gut Check: Exploring Your Microbiome

By Yu-Fang C

Jan 15, 2016

A very useful course. I learned a lot! Thank you!

By Susanne W

Jun 04, 2017

I completed the course more than a year ago and am still fascinated by the dedication, the very easy to understand explanations, the diversified arrangement of the course with the interviews and perspectives. Thank you very very much!

By adi f

May 17, 2017

Really enjoyed this course and learned a lot!

By 王艺璇

Nov 29, 2016

an amazing course,thx a lot.

By Agnieszka M

Feb 18, 2016

Very interesting !!! Excellent lectures.

By Alma D

Apr 01, 2016

Excellent course!

By Charleen S

May 13, 2017

Fascinating topic, well presented.

By annalisa p

Jun 06, 2018

Exciting!!!!

By Xiaolong C

Oct 09, 2015

very good introduction for microbime in gut

By Bertan A

Apr 01, 2017

Excellent course ! For those wandering about how our microbes affect our lives in many aspects...

By paola p

Apr 30, 2017

as a biologist I can evaluate it from a scientific point of view and I think the course is absolutely fantastic. lessons are well organised. it really helped me to arise a clear consciousness of the deep relation between what I eat and my physical/mental health. well recommended to sci students and people who whish to understand more about the issue

By tushar m

Apr 02, 2019

best course, got opportunity to learn so many things which are out of box things also.

learned from great personalities, and learned various practical, industrial application also.

By Mercedes V R

Apr 09, 2019

The best course ever!

By Claudia G

Mar 27, 2019

I truly enjoyed this course and learned quite a bit more than expected. I have been researching and learning about the microbiome on my own for about a year now, and taking this courses added to my knowledge bank on this topic.

By Andre R

May 28, 2019

Very interesting and well articulated course.

By Awais A

Jul 12, 2019

This is a wonderful course. Coursera should introduce some more courses like this in the future to master the people in this field.

By Mwenya M

Aug 07, 2019

Really good use of my time. Thank you so much!

By Arun K

Aug 31, 2019

This course provides the overall understanding of our gut microbiota. Each module consist of lectures of famous scientist who have been working in this field of gut science. This Gut Check coursera course will make you aware of your gut microbiome and it's importance.Thanks to Rob Knight & his team for providing this wonderful course.

By Shannon R

Oct 10, 2019

Great course for understanding the microbiome that lives inside all of us.

By Laura F

Oct 16, 2019

Excelente curso! gracias

By Laura S N

Jan 02, 2019

I really enjoyed this course and learned an incredible amount and good information regarding microbiome. Highly recommended!

By dawn b

Feb 06, 2019

Really useful course! I learned a lot. Sounded a lot like a commercial on the last day, however.

By Shaun C

Feb 15, 2019

Good overview of an interesting subject.

By Dr. P S

Mar 18, 2019

Excellent course explaining the basics of what the microbiome is and how metagenomics can be used to characterize and understand it. Interesting information about the role of microbes in the environment and about how the gut microbiome is linked to immunity, health and mental well being is presented. The only reason I am not giving it 5 points that because of the use of the techniques described in the course, our knowledge of the field has advanced during the 4 years since the course was first offered and the course has not been updated accordingly.

By Niels D L

Aug 19, 2015

Eye opening. Great professors and interviewees. I recommended this to many friends