Back to Gut Check: Exploring Your Microbiome

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Gut Check: Exploring Your Microbiome by University of Colorado Boulder

Imagine if there were an organ in your body that weighed as much as your brain, that affected your health, your weight, and even your behavior. Wouldn’t you want to know more about it? There is such an organ — the collection of microbes in and on your body, your human microbiome....

AF

Feb 11, 2017

Very informative! Everybody should take this course, to know more about their own microbiome...\n\nThe first lessons are not so exciting, but hang in there! The most interesting parts come later ;)

GR

Jul 01, 2018

It was a good experience, and while I'm not too big on microbiology in general, I was intrigued in the role our microbiome plays in our lives. The summer I did this changed my life in a way. :)

76 - 100 of 193 Reviews for Gut Check: Exploring Your Microbiome

By Jakub F H

May 30, 2016

I'm quite impressed how good these course is. Big thanks for giving us so much knowledge :)

By Malena

Jan 17, 2017

Perfect structure for learning!

By Eric C

Oct 13, 2016

Undoubtedly a thoughtful and engaging course. While the quizzes were hardly challenging, the lectures and various interviews more than made up for this by demanding active engagement with the material. Additionally, the larger project provided an interesting avenue through which to explore the material. Overall, Gut Check accomplishes what it sets out to do: educate students on this in vogue are of research in such a way as to encourage them to pursue microbiome research.

By Jorge A Z L

Nov 05, 2015

great

By SdMay

Jan 05, 2016

Thank you Prof Knight, Jessica and all the team. Superb course!!!!!

By Pan C

Apr 20, 2016

Very interesting course on human health from the aspect of microbial viewpoint.

By Claudia L

Nov 30, 2016

Very good course. Interesting and get to know the important people in this field.

By VIJAY P

Jan 03, 2016

Great course. So much useful information.

By Lloyd G C

Jan 19, 2016

Very nice, surprisingly interesting and educative course!

By Gitanjali R

Jul 01, 2018

By chintan

Nov 07, 2016

nicely constructed, very good instructors and well designed modules. Great for fresh in field microbiome and metagenomics.

By Martine D N

Oct 19, 2015

Great course!

By Sam D

Oct 30, 2015

Really interesting and structured well. I can't wait to hear about further developments in this field.

By Laurence W

Oct 11, 2015

THE BEST!

By Nathan V O B

Apr 04, 2016

Excellent overview of the Human Microbiome. Covers DNA sequencing techniques and culturing methods practiced in the Knight Lab at the University of Colorado at Boulder for many types of microbes associated with humans.

By Delia L

Oct 24, 2016

Excellent course, engaging, explaining the science and methods behind the famous graph plotting the microbiome of different body areas (and the evolution from infant to adult). Good review of factors connected to the microbiome (diet, antibiotics...). Reflection about personal case and lifestyle. Informative and fun.

By Prajwal S S

Nov 08, 2015

It helped me expand my horizon, I gradually learnt so much from the faculty and their valuable guest interviews. If not for their effort, it would have took few more years for me to realize that such things exist. I would recommend individuals to give the course a try after all you need to know what you have inside your own body. Thank you.

By Rick P

Mar 06, 2016

Excellent review of the latest science on the Microbiome.

By Orinta K

Nov 05, 2015

I enjoyed this course extremely!

By Fabio M V

Jul 14, 2017

Great course!

By Ioana A

Aug 14, 2015

I loved this course, especially learning about the link between our gut microbes and our health. Thanks.

By Leo V B

Nov 01, 2015

What a privilege to be taught by the people who are actually doing real work in pushing these areas forward. Congratulations to them and to all the people who are making their work possible. Thank you.

By Dorothyanne B

Jan 25, 2016

fascinating, up to date, and easy to understand. Presenters are clear and enthusiastic. One of the best courses I've taken.

By Leigh-Ann S

Apr 27, 2017

Great introductory course to the bacteria, the microbiome and essential research methods.

By David W H

Aug 21, 2015

This course was absolutely great. I learned a lot more than I thought I would.