Back to Gut Check: Exploring Your Microbiome

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Gut Check: Exploring Your Microbiome by University of Colorado Boulder

Imagine if there were an organ in your body that weighed as much as your brain, that affected your health, your weight, and even your behavior. Wouldn’t you want to know more about it? There is such an organ — the collection of microbes in and on your body, your human microbiome....

AF

Feb 11, 2017

Very informative! Everybody should take this course, to know more about their own microbiome...\n\nThe first lessons are not so exciting, but hang in there! The most interesting parts come later ;)

GR

Jul 01, 2018

It was a good experience, and while I'm not too big on microbiology in general, I was intrigued in the role our microbiome plays in our lives. The summer I did this changed my life in a way. :)

76 - 100 of 254 Reviews for Gut Check: Exploring Your Microbiome

By Leticia F

Feb 23, 2016

Great course! I was just a bit confused at the end with the different types of microbes found in the firmicute and bacteriodetes phyla.

By Awais A

Jul 12, 2019

This is a wonderful course. Coursera should introduce some more courses like this in the future to master the people in this field.

By Alejandro C S

May 25, 2018

Amazing course, its perfect for having a first approach to microbial ecology, computational biology and new trends in microbiology.

By Kris s

Nov 15, 2015

love the short videos and detailed cover on the current research that is happening.

great work university of colorado boulder.

By Fiona H

Sep 30, 2017

This course was really interesting and informative. It has inspired lots of further reading and an interest in further study.

By Pamela C C

Feb 11, 2017

Informacion util, excelente instructores. I would like to see a little bit more about how to prevent obesity with microbime

By Dorothyanne B

Jan 25, 2016

fascinating, up to date, and easy to understand. Presenters are clear and enthusiastic. One of the best courses I've taken.

By chintan

Nov 07, 2016

nicely constructed, very good instructors and well designed modules. Great for fresh in field microbiome and metagenomics.

By Beatric S

Sep 28, 2020

a BIG THANK YOU TO ALL THE PROFESSORS. VERY INTERSTING. SO MUCH MORE TO LEARN AND OPENINGS FOR RESEARCH. WELL CONDUCTED.

By Camilla W B

Oct 19, 2017

Great combination of theory and practice - and also very pragmatic. Even for someone with a no-science background.

By LUCIA V P

May 24, 2018

It wasn't easy but I did it! Thank you for such an awesome course! I really learned a lot during these 6 weeks.

By Kevin O

Jan 08, 2016

Outstanding overview of the human microbiome, the factors that influence it, and it's influence on ones health.

By JOHN Q

Sep 09, 2015

One of the best courses I've taken, and I've taken over 100 from Coursera. Highly recommend! Dr John Quincy

By Nicole N

This course is a great introduction to the microbiome. Interesting for scientists and non-scientists alike!

By Leanne B

Mar 25, 2016

Fantastic! A well presented course filled with high quality information from leading experts in the field.

By Simon B

Jul 24, 2017

This course was exceptional! It worked through a steady progression of difficulty that was easy to follow!

By Torrey B

Jun 29, 2017

Very helpful in understanding the concepts and helping me get started with my year of microbiome research.

By vindhya r

Jul 27, 2020

A very informative course, could have elaborated on the mechanisms of microbiome interactions with health

By Yiannis K

Mar 01, 2020

Very interesting, useful and well prepared course. The best I have attended so far on Coursera! Loved it!

By Jana N

Oct 06, 2015

It was a great course! Well structured with many interesting interviews with top scientists in the field.

By Ioana A

Aug 14, 2015

I loved this course, especially learning about the link between our gut microbes and our health. Thanks.

By Sam D

Oct 30, 2015

Really interesting and structured well. I can't wait to hear about further developments in this field.

By Arxel E

Apr 27, 2020

The course was presented in a very systematic manner with recent studies involved in the discussions.

By LAFINGNE

Aug 28, 2020

loved the videos.. The course provided a basic introduction on the gut microbiome . Very informative

By Kandauda T I d S

Jul 07, 2020

This is an excellent course for anyone who is expecting to gain knowledge on human gut microbiome.