Back to Gut Check: Exploring Your Microbiome

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Gut Check: Exploring Your Microbiome by University of Colorado Boulder

Imagine if there were an organ in your body that weighed as much as your brain, that affected your health, your weight, and even your behavior. Wouldn’t you want to know more about it? There is such an organ — the collection of microbes in and on your body, your human microbiome....

AF

Feb 11, 2017

Very informative! Everybody should take this course, to know more about their own microbiome...\n\nThe first lessons are not so exciting, but hang in there! The most interesting parts come later ;)

GR

Jul 01, 2018

It was a good experience, and while I'm not too big on microbiology in general, I was intrigued in the role our microbiome plays in our lives. The summer I did this changed my life in a way. :)

101 - 125 of 191 Reviews for Gut Check: Exploring Your Microbiome

By Alice G

Sep 28, 2015

Very detailed, complete, and extremely interesting,

By Eileen R

Oct 10, 2017

This was the most interesting course I have taken so far with Coursera.

The Microbiome popularity right now is high and there is so much hype about it, I appreciated being able to find out what it is really all about. I look forward to learning more and now being able to weed out myth from reality.

Thanks so much.

By Jan v d R

Nov 13, 2017

Excellent

By Melanie W

Sep 28, 2015

This is a great course. Some challenging but interesting coursework at the beginning, but all very useful. Interesting interviews with experts in the field so not the same person over and over again. Some creative ways to present data using soft toys! Really up-to-date research. Quizzes set at the right level. Overall I am really glad I chose to do this course.

By Anna

Oct 16, 2016

Very informative course that changed my perspective on food and our dependence on microbes.

By Claire C

Sep 11, 2016

most interesting course and well worth doing this course if the subject is of interest to you.

By Ekaterina

Dec 15, 2016

Great introductory course! I had no doubt that there was a connection between what we eat and our health, but I had very little to no idea how much microbes are involved in our being. I enjoyed this course very much and will recommend it to others!

Thank you!

By Jerry J B

Aug 09, 2015

Excellent course. Very informative yet I finished the course with so many new many questions that only a deeper study would answer! Kudos to all involved!

By Ram H

Jun 17, 2018

One of the most eye-opening and thought-provoking courses I've taken on Coursera. Every week has at least one amazing insight... and some weeks have two or three. Highly recommended.

By Guillermo A D

Sep 19, 2017

This is a great course that really opens your eyes to the microbial world that is so important to everyone's lives. I particularly enjoyed the enthusiasm of the instructors as well as the peer-reviewed assignments. The course also develops a conscience for how lifestyle and environmental factors can affect your gut microbiota and thence your whole health!

By Elias T

Jan 23, 2017

I recommend this course, it was nicely oorganized and very informative!

By Lawrence K

Jan 19, 2017

Excellent fundamentals for a rapidly-expanding and intensively-researched emerging discipline in health and disease. Clear and compelling. Well presented.

By Leslie W

Aug 18, 2015

Really great, really informative. These guys are at the forefront of the research. This course was well constructed, well-rounded. We heard from lots of different experts in the field. I really liked the suggested course readings, including Martin Blaser's new one "Missing Microbes". I also loved learning about Jeff Leech and his self-experimentation. And the link to the microbiology colloquium reports was a gold mine. This course was insightful and has kept my interest the whole way through. Well done, and thanks for the opportunity! :O)

By aishwarya m

Jun 15, 2016

i really liked the pictorial presentations along with the great lectures.

By Lennis P

Apr 02, 2018

Wonderful course, lots of amazing information and I appreciate learning about this topic as I would like to apply some of the concepts to better my family's health. Highly recommend it!

By Alice H d M

Feb 24, 2016

Great course

By Pauline E

Feb 25, 2016

Unsuspectedly fascinating world to explore with solid connections to real world and immediate health issues. Potential for groundbreaking medical advances positively explosive. Loved the course, appreciated the information and has led me to a new-found interest.

By Carmen T R

May 31, 2017

Very informative and clear. Great speakers.

By Claire C

Oct 15, 2015

Really interesting. I knew a bit about the importance of the microbiome but this course has made me more aware of how I can influence my own. And it has helped me understand why it is that antibiotics are best avoided when possible. The course was well set up. I enjoyed all the lectures from the various speakers and the assignments made me think.

By NATALIA

Feb 03, 2016

so far so good course for begginers

By Anne G

Sep 03, 2015

Exciting new discoveries to be made! This course will help me to get to grips with whats happening in this field now and allow me to follow and understand new data as it comes out. If gut microbes are interesting to you then this course is for you.

By Pamela A

Nov 05, 2015

The content was amazing, i can't be happier with what i learnt. Thanks for sharing all of that knowledge!

As an opportunity area, i would say it was hard to follow some of the speakers because they spoke monotonous, the content was very dense and perhaps in those cases some graphic content in the video could help.

Thank you, great course, great project!

By Ann K

Aug 07, 2016

Enjoyed the class! Makes me feel good that I am not crazy about too much cleanliness!

By JhoryAnne N

Nov 27, 2015

Thank you.

By JOHN Q

Sep 09, 2015

One of the best courses I've taken, and I've taken over 100 from Coursera. Highly recommend! Dr John Quincy