Back to Gut Check: Exploring Your Microbiome

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Gut Check: Exploring Your Microbiome by University of Colorado Boulder

Imagine if there were an organ in your body that weighed as much as your brain, that affected your health, your weight, and even your behavior. Wouldn’t you want to know more about it? There is such an organ — the collection of microbes in and on your body, your human microbiome....

AF

Feb 11, 2017

Very informative! Everybody should take this course, to know more about their own microbiome...\n\nThe first lessons are not so exciting, but hang in there! The most interesting parts come later ;)

GR

Jul 01, 2018

It was a good experience, and while I'm not too big on microbiology in general, I was intrigued in the role our microbiome plays in our lives. The summer I did this changed my life in a way. :)

51 - 75 of 251 Reviews for Gut Check: Exploring Your Microbiome

By Andrea F

Feb 11, 2017

By Lennis P

Apr 02, 2018

Wonderful course, lots of amazing information and I appreciate learning about this topic as I would like to apply some of the concepts to better my family's health. Highly recommend it!

By Anushka K

Sep 10, 2016

Thank you so much for this course. very beautifully designed course. Helped me understand research in gut microbiome with better perspective and also know the researchers in this area.

By Juan S L M

Jul 22, 2020

In general terms I am very satisfied with the course and all its content.

Thank you very much to all the teachers, exhibitors and collaborators for sharing this valuable information.

By Ram H

Jun 17, 2018

One of the most eye-opening and thought-provoking courses I've taken on Coursera. Every week has at least one amazing insight... and some weeks have two or three. Highly recommended.

By tushar m

Apr 02, 2019

best course, got opportunity to learn so many things which are out of box things also.

learned from great personalities, and learned various practical, industrial application also.

By Pablo M B

Feb 26, 2016

This is a very good course. The instructors are knowledgeable and very clear in their exposition. The materials are very good and there are many things worth learning within.

By Geraldine

Mar 30, 2016

Excelente Curso, te da un panorama nuevo de la salud, enfermedad y los transtornos que aquejan las distintas poblaciones de acuerdo a su entorno - ambiente y alimentación.

By Andrea M

Oct 29, 2019

¡¡Excelente!! Me encantó todo el respaldo científico que tiene. Como Health Coach me ayuda muchísimo a entender como es afectada la microbiota por nuestro hábitos.

By Robert B

Oct 20, 2019

It was an honor to participate in a course from the leading researchers in the field. The course provided much useful information which can be used in my life.

By Lawrence K

Jan 19, 2017

Excellent fundamentals for a rapidly-expanding and intensively-researched emerging discipline in health and disease. Clear and compelling. Well presented.

By Jerry J B

Aug 09, 2015

Excellent course. Very informative yet I finished the course with so many new many questions that only a deeper study would answer! Kudos to all involved!

By Natalia R

Mar 30, 2020

Wonderfull material for those who want to begin undertanding the complex and deep relationship between ourselves and our microbiota. Highly recommended!

By Diego A R A

Oct 03, 2015

Interesting, innovator, completly recommended. If you like microbes and are interested on the latest research of microbiome you should take this course.

By Ville H

May 05, 2020

Excellent course to understand the human microbiome and how it plays a part in basically everything. Hoping for a similar course from Rob Knight et al.

By Rebecca H

Sep 02, 2015

A fantastic in depth course, I continue to incorporate and use the information on a daily basis to inform how I take care of myself and my family.

By Irina

Jun 02, 2017

After this course you understand the underlying causes of various health issues that I haven't heard in other courses. I recommend this course t

By Julian E B C

Oct 21, 2015

Excelente curso! Te llena de herramientas para abordar esta nueva forma de interpretar la flora comensal! te impregna de un cambio de paradigma!

By Mariana E

Feb 25, 2018

Very well explained. Contains information that a ton of people have no idea of and really need to know. I was left hungry for more information.

By Liling T

Jan 28, 2019

Informative content to kickstart my learning journey on the gut microbiome, coming from a background with minimal knowledge in microbiology

By Alzubair A E

Jun 28, 2016

I've never taken biology before, although i had to google lots of terms, i understood the concept and that was all i wanted, great videos!

By VISHAL R L

Excellent course!! One thing I like about this course is, they proved facts/hypothesis by explaining experiments which they carried out.

By Jennifer O

Dec 08, 2016

Excellent course! Goes easier with a bit of bio and chem under your belt, but still easy to follow for those interested in the subject.

By Emily M

Oct 21, 2016

I loved taking this course and learning about the Gut Microbiome! I loved learning about all the research that is currently being done!

By Leticia F

Feb 23, 2016

Great course! I was just a bit confused at the end with the different types of microbes found in the firmicute and bacteriodetes phyla.