Back to Gut Check: Exploring Your Microbiome

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Gut Check: Exploring Your Microbiome by University of Colorado Boulder

Imagine if there were an organ in your body that weighed as much as your brain, that affected your health, your weight, and even your behavior. Wouldn’t you want to know more about it? There is such an organ — the collection of microbes in and on your body, your human microbiome....

AF

Feb 11, 2017

Very informative! Everybody should take this course, to know more about their own microbiome...\n\nThe first lessons are not so exciting, but hang in there! The most interesting parts come later ;)

GR

Jul 01, 2018

It was a good experience, and while I'm not too big on microbiology in general, I was intrigued in the role our microbiome plays in our lives. The summer I did this changed my life in a way. :)

51 - 75 of 196 Reviews for Gut Check: Exploring Your Microbiome

By Alzubair A E

Jun 28, 2016

I've never taken biology before, although i had to google lots of terms, i understood the concept and that was all i wanted, great videos!

By Jennifer O

Dec 08, 2016

Excellent course! Goes easier with a bit of bio and chem under your belt, but still easy to follow for those interested in the subject.

By Emily M

Oct 21, 2016

I loved taking this course and learning about the Gut Microbiome! I loved learning about all the research that is currently being done!

By Leticia F

Feb 23, 2016

Great course! I was just a bit confused at the end with the different types of microbes found in the firmicute and bacteriodetes phyla.

By Awais A

Jul 12, 2019

This is a wonderful course. Coursera should introduce some more courses like this in the future to master the people in this field.

By Alejandro C S

May 25, 2018

Amazing course, its perfect for having a first approach to microbial ecology, computational biology and new trends in microbiology.

By Kris s

Nov 15, 2015

love the short videos and detailed cover on the current research that is happening.

great work university of colorado boulder.

By Fiona H

Sep 30, 2017

This course was really interesting and informative. It has inspired lots of further reading and an interest in further study.

By Pamela C C

Feb 11, 2017

Informacion util, excelente instructores. I would like to see a little bit more about how to prevent obesity with microbime

By Dorothyanne B

Jan 25, 2016

fascinating, up to date, and easy to understand. Presenters are clear and enthusiastic. One of the best courses I've taken.

By chintan

Nov 07, 2016

nicely constructed, very good instructors and well designed modules. Great for fresh in field microbiome and metagenomics.

By Camilla W B

Oct 19, 2017

Great combination of theory and practice - and also very pragmatic. Even for someone with a no-science background.

By LUCIA V P

May 24, 2018

It wasn't easy but I did it! Thank you for such an awesome course! I really learned a lot during these 6 weeks.

By Kevin O

Jan 08, 2016

Outstanding overview of the human microbiome, the factors that influence it, and it's influence on ones health.

By JOHN Q

Sep 09, 2015

One of the best courses I've taken, and I've taken over 100 from Coursera. Highly recommend! Dr John Quincy

By Leanne B

Mar 25, 2016

Fantastic! A well presented course filled with high quality information from leading experts in the field.

By Simon B

Jul 24, 2017

This course was exceptional! It worked through a steady progression of difficulty that was easy to follow!

By Torrey B

Jun 29, 2017

Very helpful in understanding the concepts and helping me get started with my year of microbiome research.

By Jana N

Oct 06, 2015

It was a great course! Well structured with many interesting interviews with top scientists in the field.

By Ioana A

Aug 14, 2015

I loved this course, especially learning about the link between our gut microbes and our health. Thanks.

By Sam D

Oct 30, 2015

Really interesting and structured well. I can't wait to hear about further developments in this field.

By Chris A

Feb 24, 2017

Excellent course, and I enjoyed it, although it went much deeper into the subject than I expected.

By JM B

Jul 18, 2016

So far, exactly what I hoped the course to be! Very excited to follow through with the rest of it.

By Bertan A

Apr 01, 2017

Excellent course ! For those wandering about how our microbes affect our lives in many aspects...

By Claire C

Sep 11, 2016

most interesting course and well worth doing this course if the subject is of interest to you.