Back to Gut Check: Exploring Your Microbiome

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Gut Check: Exploring Your Microbiome by University of Colorado Boulder

Imagine if there were an organ in your body that weighed as much as your brain, that affected your health, your weight, and even your behavior. Wouldn’t you want to know more about it? There is such an organ — the collection of microbes in and on your body, your human microbiome....

AF

Feb 11, 2017

Very informative! Everybody should take this course, to know more about their own microbiome...\n\nThe first lessons are not so exciting, but hang in there! The most interesting parts come later ;)

GR

Jul 01, 2018

It was a good experience, and while I'm not too big on microbiology in general, I was intrigued in the role our microbiome plays in our lives. The summer I did this changed my life in a way. :)

151 - 175 of 191 Reviews for Gut Check: Exploring Your Microbiome

By Jaroslav S

Jul 22, 2017

Very nice course and easy to follow if you wont to know more about your own gut!

By Adham A M

Apr 25, 2016

A great introduction to the intriguing world of Human microbiome.

By Arjit J

Aug 17, 2015

great info,friendly staff and very easy to understand

By Giovanni F

Mar 01, 2017

Nice course

By Charlotte H

Jan 11, 2016

Course content was very good and I'd highly recommend this class. However the course policy of getting other students to grade the assignments results in people with big egos assigning other students arbitrarily bad grades. Maybe this can be fixed on the next iteration. Otherwise, bravo.

By DRABO M S

Nov 01, 2015

Microbiome is like the Amazone forest! Lot of mystery!

By Andrea R B

Mar 29, 2016

This class was very enlightening. I liked how the videos went along with the quizzes and it was easy to articulate what everyone was saying.

By Danielle T

Aug 28, 2016

Very interesting course and very timely at the moment given the ground-breaking research in this area! I only have two minor criticisms. Firstly, the presenters seemed to be reading from a script, which made them seem quite wooden and unnatural and thus hard for me to follow at times. Secondly, I would have preferred a little more focus on what we can do to improve our gut microbial diversity. I have tried all the basic advice given with little effect. However, perhaps we just don't know enough at this stage. Also, it would be interesting to explore the anomalies a little more. For example people with high levels of firmicutes who are also lean. Overall, I found the course useful though, thank you!

By Elena R

Nov 14, 2016

For someone who is a Biologist and has heard about microbiome before, this course is more a review than a course where everything is new. However, hat doesn't mean I didn't learn anything. The course was entertaning, well explained, and interesting. The interviews were simply great, with the opportunity to see experts explaining concepts and projects. For someone with less background than mentioned, it is a very nice course to do. It will change your point of view regarding microorganisms.

By Dorothy H

Jul 09, 2016

This is a review from someone zooming through the course at double speed to get a general idea of the subject for free (I did not take any tests or participate in any projects).

I am studying neuroscience and this course was a great adjunct to those studies. If you have interest in biology at all, this course will broaden out your knowledge base.

I took a star away because there was too much advertising for their pet project. Some mention and instruction would have added interest, but so many of the classes being dedicated to it was a bit overkill.

By Simone E G

Aug 08, 2016

I really loved the course. I would be thrilled to make a real gut check, even though I live in Europe (Belgium). Simone Einstoss

By trish d

Aug 21, 2015

very interesting

By Andrew J L

Mar 27, 2018

Great class, get ready to learn. Lots of reading assignments, which I really liked. Very current research that they are presenting to you here and the researchers that you'll hear from in this are absolutely world class.

By Raminder s

Dec 10, 2015

nice course....

I am waiting for advance course.

By Alexandra L

Jun 15, 2016

The lab portion was a little too quick for me; well, long because I didn't understand it. I need more in depth to understand how all the extracting and testing happens.

By Lucia M

Jun 26, 2017

The course is very clear and touches important aspects of Human Microbiota. It just needs more updates, because the field is rapidly growing. Thanks.

By CF

Oct 02, 2015

It is an injteresting course and provides insight into current research

By Digant R K

Mar 01, 2016

Interesting and informative. The only reason it is not 5-stars is because some lectures were too much PR, and some assignments required non-scientists to name-drop microbes and design a study without proper reference.

By Paramita S

May 27, 2017

The course was informative and worth taking.

By Renate G

Feb 17, 2018

Clear, entertaining, interesting, varied.

By Natasha R T

Aug 24, 2015

The only thing that would create a five star rating, would be more valuable interaction among fellow students, and with the instructor as well.

By Magdalena G

May 15, 2016

the course is very interesting, but the questions in tests are a bit too detailed and thus, too difficult; overall, during the course I learned a lot of new things, discovered new possibilites behind the gut flora and deepened my overall knowledge; if only the certificates were a bit cheaper...

By Jessica

Dec 12, 2015

Loved the idea of this course but a bit out of my league. I wanted more on the data and applying it in real life rather than how the data is collected.

By Maria L L Y

Dec 27, 2016

This is a great introductory course of Microbiome with moderate pace and exposure to the latest researches on this area.

By PJ R

Aug 18, 2015

Excellent introduction to the gut microbiome and its importance to our health. Lots of science but would have like a little more information about how to increase and balance the microbiome through nutrition.