Back to Gut Check: Exploring Your Microbiome

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Gut Check: Exploring Your Microbiome by University of Colorado Boulder

Imagine if there were an organ in your body that weighed as much as your brain, that affected your health, your weight, and even your behavior. Wouldn’t you want to know more about it? There is such an organ — the collection of microbes in and on your body, your human microbiome....

AF
Feb 10, 2017

Very informative! Everybody should take this course, to know more about their own microbiome...\n\nThe first lessons are not so exciting, but hang in there! The most interesting parts come later ;)

G
Jun 30, 2018

It was a good experience, and while I'm not too big on microbiology in general, I was intrigued in the role our microbiome plays in our lives. The summer I did this changed my life in a way. :)

251 - 275 of 290 Reviews for Gut Check: Exploring Your Microbiome

By James U

Jun 24, 2019

Waiting on the completing peer review work and the grading of my own work in Week 6 was stressful and annoying. Overall though, this was a good course! Thanks!

By Jessica

Dec 12, 2015

Loved the idea of this course but a bit out of my league. I wanted more on the data and applying it in real life rather than how the data is collected.

By Lucia M

Jun 26, 2017

The course is very clear and touches important aspects of Human Microbiota. It just needs more updates, because the field is rapidly growing. Thanks.

By Natasha R T

Aug 24, 2015

The only thing that would create a five star rating, would be more valuable interaction among fellow students, and with the instructor as well.

By Andrea R W

Mar 29, 2016

This class was very enlightening. I liked how the videos went along with the quizzes and it was easy to articulate what everyone was saying.

By Miksa M H

Jun 3, 2020

Really well built and beginner-friendly course. I would've liked to hear more in-detail descriptions of host-microbe interactions. Cheers.

By Alex

Mar 27, 2019

A very intersting and informative course for all who are interested with gut microbiome as well as ways to determine gut microbiome.

By Simone E G

Aug 8, 2016

I really loved the course. I would be thrilled to make a real gut check, even though I live in Europe (Belgium). Simone Einstoss

By Laura S N

Jan 2, 2019

I really enjoyed this course and learned an incredible amount and good information regarding microbiome. Highly recommended!

By Robert K

Jun 8, 2016

Good introduction into the world of microbiome. The only drawback - not enough of this precious, well-delivered information.

By Maria L L Y

Dec 27, 2016

This is a great introductory course of Microbiome with moderate pace and exposure to the latest researches on this area.

By Petra Č

Nov 11, 2015

Good course, I liked everything except reading from cards that made the lectures feel very artifical.

By dawn b

Feb 5, 2019

Really useful course! I learned a lot. Sounded a lot like a commercial on the last day, however.

By Kahwee T

Jan 19, 2016

Very interesting course that covers a lot. Make me more interested in all aspect of my life.

By Prince M

Sep 2, 2021

excellent course I now have more knowledge about the ecosystem that exist inside my body.

By Niels D L

Aug 19, 2015

Eye opening. Great professors and interviewees. I recommended this to many friends

By Jaroslav S

Jul 22, 2017

Very nice course and easy to follow if you wont to know more about your own gut!

By Alexis R

Oct 31, 2016

Great course. Very informational. Good start for anyone looking to know more.

By CF

Oct 2, 2015

It is an injteresting course and provides insight into current research

By Adham A M

Apr 25, 2016

A great introduction to the intriguing world of Human microbiome.

By Alexandros A

Aug 29, 2020

A very well-designed course that provides valuable knowledge.

By Prateek D

May 7, 2019

Probably ideal for those who have a background in biology.

By DRABO M S

Oct 31, 2015

Microbiome is like the Amazone forest! Lot of mystery!

By Arjit J

Aug 17, 2015

great info,friendly staff and very easy to understand

By Raminder s

Dec 10, 2015

nice course....

I am waiting for advance course.