Back to Gut Check: Exploring Your Microbiome

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Gut Check: Exploring Your Microbiome by University of Colorado Boulder

Imagine if there were an organ in your body that weighed as much as your brain, that affected your health, your weight, and even your behavior. Wouldn’t you want to know more about it? There is such an organ — the collection of microbes in and on your body, your human microbiome....

AF

Feb 11, 2017

Very informative! Everybody should take this course, to know more about their own microbiome...\n\nThe first lessons are not so exciting, but hang in there! The most interesting parts come later ;)

GR

Jul 01, 2018

It was a good experience, and while I'm not too big on microbiology in general, I was intrigued in the role our microbiome plays in our lives. The summer I did this changed my life in a way. :)

26 - 50 of 202 Reviews for Gut Check: Exploring Your Microbiome

By Lynnette C

Mar 12, 2018

Very informative. Got a lot of insights into the gut microbiome, and my personal journey to understanding the potential relationship of changes in the human microbiota to health and disease. Also helpful in interpreting my AGP results.

By Susanne W

Jun 04, 2017

I completed the course more than a year ago and am still fascinated by the dedication, the very easy to understand explanations, the diversified arrangement of the course with the interviews and perspectives. Thank you very very much!

By Ana V U B

Mar 30, 2017

Eu amei o curso. Aprendi muito sobre a microbiota intestinal e como ela influencia em muitos aspectos a saúde. Com esse curso estou mais preparada profissionalmente e mais preparada para tomar certas decisões em minha vida pessoal.

By Claudia G

Mar 27, 2019

I truly enjoyed this course and learned quite a bit more than expected. I have been researching and learning about the microbiome on my own for about a year now, and taking this courses added to my knowledge bank on this topic.

By john l

Aug 24, 2015

Very good course. I like the course assignments.

For one who have not taken a biology course before, it is tough, though broad reading over the years about health, and having worked in a biotechnology companies helped.

By Nathan V O B

Apr 04, 2016

Excellent overview of the Human Microbiome. Covers DNA sequencing techniques and culturing methods practiced in the Knight Lab at the University of Colorado at Boulder for many types of microbes associated with humans.

By Leo V B

Nov 01, 2015

What a privilege to be taught by the people who are actually doing real work in pushing these areas forward. Congratulations to them and to all the people who are making their work possible. Thank you.

By Gitanjali R

Jul 01, 2018

By Andrea F

Feb 11, 2017

By Ben F

Aug 26, 2016

Both enjoyable and challenging. Hear an interesting range of lectures, backed up with a wide range of articles. Shook up my idea of what it takes to be a healthy human - a healthy microbiome.

By Lennis P

Apr 02, 2018

Wonderful course, lots of amazing information and I appreciate learning about this topic as I would like to apply some of the concepts to better my family's health. Highly recommend it!

By Anushka K

Sep 10, 2016

Thank you so much for this course. very beautifully designed course. Helped me understand research in gut microbiome with better perspective and also know the researchers in this area.

By Ram H

Jun 17, 2018

One of the most eye-opening and thought-provoking courses I've taken on Coursera. Every week has at least one amazing insight... and some weeks have two or three. Highly recommended.

By tushar m

Apr 02, 2019

best course, got opportunity to learn so many things which are out of box things also.

learned from great personalities, and learned various practical, industrial application also.

By Pablo M B

Feb 26, 2016

This is a very good course. The instructors are knowledgeable and very clear in their exposition. The materials are very good and there are many things worth learning within.

By Geraldine

Mar 30, 2016

Excelente Curso, te da un panorama nuevo de la salud, enfermedad y los transtornos que aquejan las distintas poblaciones de acuerdo a su entorno - ambiente y alimentación.

By Andrea M

Oct 29, 2019

¡¡Excelente!! Me encantó todo el respaldo científico que tiene. Como Health Coach me ayuda muchísimo a entender como es afectada la microbiota por nuestro hábitos.

By Robert B

Oct 20, 2019

It was an honor to participate in a course from the leading researchers in the field. The course provided much useful information which can be used in my life.

By Lawrence K

Jan 19, 2017

Excellent fundamentals for a rapidly-expanding and intensively-researched emerging discipline in health and disease. Clear and compelling. Well presented.

By Jerry J B

Aug 09, 2015

Excellent course. Very informative yet I finished the course with so many new many questions that only a deeper study would answer! Kudos to all involved!

By Natalia R

Mar 30, 2020

Wonderfull material for those who want to begin undertanding the complex and deep relationship between ourselves and our microbiota. Highly recommended!

By Diego A R A

Oct 03, 2015

Interesting, innovator, completly recommended. If you like microbes and are interested on the latest research of microbiome you should take this course.

By Rebecca H

Sep 02, 2015

A fantastic in depth course, I continue to incorporate and use the information on a daily basis to inform how I take care of myself and my family.

By Irina

Jun 02, 2017

After this course you understand the underlying causes of various health issues that I haven't heard in other courses. I recommend this course t

By Julian E B C

Oct 21, 2015

Excelente curso! Te llena de herramientas para abordar esta nueva forma de interpretar la flora comensal! te impregna de un cambio de paradigma!