Back to Gut Check: Exploring Your Microbiome

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Gut Check: Exploring Your Microbiome by University of Colorado Boulder

Imagine if there were an organ in your body that weighed as much as your brain, that affected your health, your weight, and even your behavior. Wouldn’t you want to know more about it? There is such an organ — the collection of microbes in and on your body, your human microbiome....

AF

Feb 11, 2017

Very informative! Everybody should take this course, to know more about their own microbiome...\n\nThe first lessons are not so exciting, but hang in there! The most interesting parts come later ;)

GR

Jul 01, 2018

It was a good experience, and while I'm not too big on microbiology in general, I was intrigued in the role our microbiome plays in our lives. The summer I did this changed my life in a way. :)

126 - 150 of 194 Reviews for Gut Check: Exploring Your Microbiome

By Claire C

Oct 15, 2015

Really interesting. I knew a bit about the importance of the microbiome but this course has made me more aware of how I can influence my own. And it has helped me understand why it is that antibiotics are best avoided when possible. The course was well set up. I enjoyed all the lectures from the various speakers and the assignments made me think.

By Charleen S

May 13, 2017

Fascinating topic, well presented.

By annalisa p

Jun 06, 2018

Exciting!!!!

By Xiaolong C

Oct 09, 2015

very good introduction for microbime in gut

By Bertan A

Apr 01, 2017

Excellent course ! For those wandering about how our microbes affect our lives in many aspects...

By paola p

Apr 30, 2017

as a biologist I can evaluate it from a scientific point of view and I think the course is absolutely fantastic. lessons are well organised. it really helped me to arise a clear consciousness of the deep relation between what I eat and my physical/mental health. well recommended to sci students and people who whish to understand more about the issue

By Pamela A

Nov 05, 2015

The content was amazing, i can't be happier with what i learnt. Thanks for sharing all of that knowledge!

As an opportunity area, i would say it was hard to follow some of the speakers because they spoke monotonous, the content was very dense and perhaps in those cases some graphic content in the video could help.

Thank you, great course, great project!

By Ann K

Aug 07, 2016

Enjoyed the class! Makes me feel good that I am not crazy about too much cleanliness!

By JhoryAnne N

Nov 27, 2015

Thank you.

By JOHN Q

Sep 09, 2015

One of the best courses I've taken, and I've taken over 100 from Coursera. Highly recommend! Dr John Quincy

By Yu-Fang C

Jan 15, 2016

A very useful course. I learned a lot! Thank you!

By Susanne W

Jun 04, 2017

I completed the course more than a year ago and am still fascinated by the dedication, the very easy to understand explanations, the diversified arrangement of the course with the interviews and perspectives. Thank you very very much!

By adi f

May 17, 2017

Really enjoyed this course and learned a lot!

By 王艺璇

Nov 29, 2016

an amazing course,thx a lot.

By Awais A

Jul 12, 2019

This is a wonderful course. Coursera should introduce some more courses like this in the future to master the people in this field.

By Andre R

May 28, 2019

Very interesting and well articulated course.

By Mwenya M

Aug 07, 2019

Really good use of my time. Thank you so much!

By Arun K

Aug 31, 2019

This course provides the overall understanding of our gut microbiota. Each module consist of lectures of famous scientist who have been working in this field of gut science. This Gut Check coursera course will make you aware of your gut microbiome and it's importance.Thanks to Rob Knight & his team for providing this wonderful course.

By Shannon R

Oct 10, 2019

Great course for understanding the microbiome that lives inside all of us.

By Laura F

Oct 16, 2019

Excelente curso! gracias

By Robert B

Oct 20, 2019

It was an honor to participate in a course from the leading researchers in the field. The course provided much useful information which can be used in my life.

By Andrea M

Oct 29, 2019

¡¡Excelente!! Me encantó todo el respaldo científico que tiene. Como Health Coach me ayuda muchísimo a entender como es afectada la microbiota por nuestro hábitos.

By Laura S N

Jan 02, 2019

I really enjoyed this course and learned an incredible amount and good information regarding microbiome. Highly recommended!

By Shaun C

Feb 15, 2019

Good overview of an interesting subject.

By Dr. P S

Mar 18, 2019

Excellent course explaining the basics of what the microbiome is and how metagenomics can be used to characterize and understand it. Interesting information about the role of microbes in the environment and about how the gut microbiome is linked to immunity, health and mental well being is presented. The only reason I am not giving it 5 points that because of the use of the techniques described in the course, our knowledge of the field has advanced during the 4 years since the course was first offered and the course has not been updated accordingly.