Back to Microeconomics: When Markets Fail

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Microeconomics: When Markets Fail by University of Pennsylvania

Perfect markets achieve efficiency: maximizing total surplus generated. But real markets are imperfect. In this course we will explore a set of market imperfections to understand why they fail and to explore possible remedies including as antitrust policy, regulation, government intervention. Examples are taken from everyday life, from goods and services that we all purchase and use. We will apply the theory to current events and policy debates through weekly exercises. These will empower you to be an educated, critical thinker who can understand, analyze and evaluate market outcomes....

JR

Jan 14, 2018

Great and relevant content, presented in an interesting and easy way; allowing the student to go through the video materials in an individual pace and thus optimize the study sessions.

NP

Aug 12, 2018

I really appreciated the short form videos and abundant visual examples. I would take MANY more classes on Coursera if it were guaranteed that they would follow this format.

1 - 25 of 68 Reviews for Microeconomics: When Markets Fail

By Larry L E

Oct 21, 2016

Another fine course from Professor Stein. I particularly appreciated the final set of lectures, but all were well presented, understandable, and relevant.

By Peter D

Jan 02, 2019

Very helpful and informative class.... liked the challenge of getting my microeconomics view back in order...

By APOORVA B

Feb 11, 2019

Best course.

By Ahmed M E

Feb 10, 2019

it was great

By Anuli R O (

Feb 17, 2019

It is all wonderful experience with Prof. Rebecca Stein on this course. I enjoyed it both the content and the well structure pattern by which she thought the course. it is an added experience as an economist and I valued her inclusive teaching. thanks to the provider (Coursera).

But I'm still waiting for my certificate.

By James C

Mar 15, 2019

Course material was very accessible and engaging to learn, thanks Dr.Stein!

By 陳嘉宏

Mar 29, 2019

很棒

By Advait D

Dec 27, 2016

Very Useful and Well Taught Course!

By 邱昱維

May 07, 2017

GOOD

By CHRISTINE M

Mar 20, 2018

Thank you for this course.

By Gail G

Oct 10, 2016

Step-by-step, clear explanations.

By Francisco A O A

Mar 25, 2017

Excellent Introductory Microeconomics course. Its covering of the foundational concepts of when markets fails presented a comprehensive review of the foundational concepts of the subject. I have studied economics at the undergraduate and graduate level, and this course has taught me things I never covered in my university level courses. Outstanding introductory course.

By Tucker B

Oct 22, 2016

Rebecca Stein is an excellent instructor to guide you through the material -- after taking this course and part of her other one on Coursera I feel like I know her. She can be quite funny and her explanations/illustrations go a long way in building onto the key concepts of the course. The quizzes can be quite difficult, so I would recommend that any person take notes.

By Alban L

Mar 18, 2018

This is a great course for economists in general but specially for graduated students. The course showers the fundamental of microeconomics. In this regard i would suggest this course to all graduate students enrolled in an economic degree.

I want to thank Rebecca Stein for providing such a clear and understandable lecture.

By flighting

Sep 08, 2017

I have really enjoyed this course because I felt that I was finding out some important things to understand a social system. The lectures were also very understandable even I had no basis on Economics. I very appreciate these worth

By Federico S

Jun 11, 2017

Excellent course. Easy to follow. Very clear explanations all around.

By Andrew I A

Mar 20, 2017

I love the teaching style, very explanatory and easy to comprehend.

By 顾垠

Jun 18, 2016

this course is great,the professor converts complex concepts into easy ideas.so,i am strongly recommend it.

By Salar A

Nov 01, 2016

Market failure is one of the most important discussions in public economics. Although we reviewed the microeconomics in this term, we learned the tangible connection between these two fields. It was very helpfull and thank you...

By Amy Y

Apr 06, 2017

Please offer more courses!

By Tsaklanos S

Oct 02, 2016

Excellent course!

By Phuong T N N

Nov 11, 2016

Best course ever !!!

By Jose M P

Feb 12, 2018

Congratulations to professor Rebecca Stein, this course helps me to understand many concepts to improve my lifestyle!

By Ha K A