Back to Microeconomics: When Markets Fail

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Microeconomics: When Markets Fail by University of Pennsylvania

Perfect markets achieve efficiency: maximizing total surplus generated. But real markets are imperfect. In this course we will explore a set of market imperfections to understand why they fail and to explore possible remedies including as antitrust policy, regulation, government intervention. Examples are taken from everyday life, from goods and services that we all purchase and use. We will apply the theory to current events and policy debates through weekly exercises. These will empower you to be an educated, critical thinker who can understand, analyze and evaluate market outcomes....

HT
Apr 23, 2021

The course is best for those who are beginners to Microeconomics. I had no idea of Microeconomics. This course has given me confidence to start my journey to start learning more. Thanks

JR
Jan 13, 2018

Great and relevant content, presented in an interesting and easy way; allowing the student to go through the video materials in an individual pace and thus optimize the study sessions.

26 - 50 of 106 Reviews for Microeconomics: When Markets Fail

By deep s

Sep 23, 2020

This course was awesome. I really enjoyed. Though, I am non Economic Background, still found this course very helpful.

By Jose M P

Feb 12, 2018

Congratulations to professor Rebecca Stein, this course helps me to understand many concepts to improve my lifestyle!

By John R D

Feb 27, 2021

lectures are engaging, quizes are helpful means to study for the credit course I am taking from another university.

By Peter D

Jan 2, 2019

Very helpful and informative class.... liked the challenge of getting my microeconomics view back in order...

By 顾垠

Jun 17, 2016

this course is great,the professor converts complex concepts into easy ideas.so,i am strongly recommend it.

By Mohammad T M

Sep 5, 2021

The instructor was truly great. Explained all the concepts so very simply. Loved this course

By ricardo p o

Dec 4, 2016

Thank you very much it was very gratifying, excellent for all kind of profesionists.

By James C

Mar 15, 2019

Course material was very accessible and engaging to learn, thanks Dr.Stein!

By Sandeep C K

Feb 11, 2017

Provided with good basics on Microeconomics. Thoroughly enjoyed the course.

By Ananya J

Aug 13, 2020

A nicely structured course providing a deep understanding of the concepts.

By Ramesh M

Apr 20, 2020

The teacher Dr Rebecca Stein was awesome in her teaching. Thanks to her

By Akash M

May 16, 2020

This course really helped me in learning various aspects of a market.

By Federico S

Jun 11, 2017

Excellent course. Easy to follow. Very clear explanations all around.

By Andrew A

Mar 20, 2017

I love the teaching style, very explanatory and easy to comprehend.

By Julio B

Apr 15, 2020

Great course! To understand public policy and markets efficiency.

By Justino N

Jul 29, 2019

Excellent Teacher, very useful and well structured course. Thanks

By Deepak A

Apr 14, 2020

very much use full and help full in a practical business world.

By Varenya J

Dec 6, 2017

This course was very interesting and I thoroughly enjoyed it !

By jayesh g

Sep 11, 2017

amazing program for students who are interested in economics

By Mahesh D

Feb 28, 2020

awesome course, get to know various informative things

By Kaikui W

Dec 21, 2016

Elementary course, great for professionals to refresh.

By Eduardo O B

Sep 21, 2020

Excellent teacher. One of the best. Thanks a lot.

By ANIBAL H B

Apr 24, 2017

excelente curso. gracias por lo enseñado.

By George M

May 31, 2017

I really like the short video format.

By Rebecca D

Oct 13, 2020

Very informative and easy to follow.