Back to Microeconomics Principles

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Microeconomics Principles by University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

Most people make the incorrect assumption that economics is ONLY the study of money. My primary goal in this course is to shatter this belief. During this course, we will be addressing the above questions as well as many more relating to: -the environment -love and marriage -crime -labor markets -education -politics -sports -business My main goal is to show you the way economists think and how to use this analytical system to answer questions related not only to these and other important human issues but to anything you end up doing with your life after this class. After all, as you will quickly find out, I believe that everything is economics!...

VA

Mar 14, 2019

It's a very well made course. Special thanks to Dr Jose for conveying the fundamentals of Microeconomics in such a lucid and simple way which helps in developing a solid intuition for the subject. :)

KJ

Jul 16, 2020

great course, very interesting, loved the idea of changing locations, interviewing different people, idea of teaching through games. One thing I lacked at understanding was the graph of cost curves

26 - 50 of 374 Reviews for Microeconomics Principles

By dor t

Oct 21, 2019

when explaining the material, sometimes the lecturer makes mistakes. in digital courses he can stop the recording and do it again.

the videos were clear. but when you see the questions you understand it could have been more clear.

the videos are poorly done in terms of video shooting and editing: sound, video quality, editing - it's simply should look more like 2019.

By Takashi F

Aug 06, 2017

This course is very very good. I feel that this course is going to be a milestone in my life. I did not know that economics is such an interesting field of study until I took this "Microeconomics Principles"course. The course level is not too difficult and course schedule is quite manageable for me who works full time in a profession which is quite demanding.

By D K

Sep 09, 2019

I love the way Dr Jose simplifies complicated principles through the use of practical examples. It's making Economics - a subject i once hated, being a creative pro and all - very interesting. My deepest appreciation and gratitude to UoI, Dr Jose and Coursera for not only making this course available but also consumable

By Sajid I A

Nov 03, 2016

The lecturer is amazing! The way he describes things is quite wonderful. He definitely got me more interested in economics in general. I would definitely recommend this course to any beginner in economics. Also, I am seriously considering U Illinois at Urbana-Champaigne for an exchange now, given that it happens.

By Subir M

Mar 13, 2018

This course was of immense help to sharpen my knowledge in microeconomics. I like to personally thank the course instructor to bring in so many case study to help me understand this course better. Finally I would like to request to create an advanced version of this course to appreciate the course more.

By SANJANA A

May 20, 2017

This is one of the best courses I've ever seen. The teacher is really good. He teaches the concepts in the student's language and makes the concepts seem really easy. I enjoy ever bit of this course as he makes it interesting with his numerous examples. Hope to see more such courses.

By Aditya G

Jun 29, 2020

The course is wonderful. I learned various economics concepts in detail and with ease. The way of teaching was excellent and interactive. I enjoyed every week of the course like never before. I feel very confident now than I was before joining this course. Thank you Josh sir.

By Abhi K S

Jun 24, 2020

It was an interesting course and the tutor explained it very precisely in the time available. I liked the way he gave examples to understand the concept thoroughly. Many pictures were used in the background which was helpful in relating the micro-economic principles.

By PRIYANKA S

Oct 27, 2018

I found the course very useful especially because of the teaching style of the professor. He gave very simple and daily life examples that I could relate to. I would recommend this course to those who want to know the basics of microeconomics in simple language.

By Sanjeev S

Jul 06, 2020

The examples used and the way the instructor explains the concepts is engaging. We can relate those concepts to our day-to-day life. Another important feature about the course is hearing from the real sellers about their experience in the market.

By Rahul N

Apr 29, 2020

A nice course for fundamentals in microeconomics. The only negative takeaway from this course is the wastage of paper when the professor uses gigantic sheets of paper to draw on in his videos which could have easily been shown as slides maybe...

By Xiaolu W

Feb 18, 2018

I like Dr Jose. I like his style, his way to convey the knowledge, the point, his humor. I think he is a very nice teacher. I am preparing AP Microeconomics test. I teach myself. I use Princeton review as complement. So far I am doing well.

By Rathinder B

Sep 24, 2018

Fantastic course, taught is a very simplified and at the same generating great interest. Nice examples and the flow in which professor went about imparting the course is a great example of how online course should be adapted. Thank YOU,

By Flor P M

Mar 27, 2019

I enjoyed this course. I learned so much from it and felt that the quizzes were challenging. I also liked that when you get wrong answers the quizzes tell you what video to refer back to so that you can study the correct section again.

By Jafed E G

Jul 06, 2019

By Santiago J

Sep 13, 2017

I loved the course, I would like to publicly express my congratulations to the professor who teaches this course.

I'm sure the University of Illinois is very happy with her work.

Go ahead and repeat my thanks and congratulations.

By Rohan R

Jun 26, 2020

I loved the course! This was my first venture into hardcore econ and my first coursera experience and this set the precedent for a possible minor in college. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this to anyone trying to get into econ. 10/10!

By Haoming L

Nov 17, 2019

It helps me learn a lot about how to make rational decisions, view strange phenomenons and benefit both ourselves and our society from economic aspects through the interpretation of the professor. Fabulous experience!

By Muhammad Z K

Jun 08, 2020

This is an exceptionally well designed and well illustrated course and I highly appreciate the efforts of instructor, his team and the University of Illinois for offering such an informative and professional course.

By Suzana d A P

Aug 31, 2017

The course was very good. Professor José Vasquez is very clear in his explanations. There is a wide content, but the examples and tests make it easier to learn. The level of difficulty is adequate. I recommend it.

By Do H L

Jun 21, 2016

Just completed week 1 of this course. Really good revision for my high school economics!

Courses like this on Coursera help me to revise my knowledge continuously and improve my grasp of micro-economic concepts.

By ratnesh s

Sep 05, 2017

microeconomics course at coursera is the whole package. the teaching techniques are highly interactive and the professor articulates all the important topics in an eloquent manner . and moreover it is free.

By TUSHAR T

Very interesting course, it is very easy to learn and understand the concepts even for someone who has no prior knowledge of the field because of informative, interesting & excellent teaching by Jose sir.

By Jian P

Feb 05, 2019

This course does a very good job explaining economic principles through examples in our daily life. I would recommend anyone who wants to take their first step in economics to try this excellent course.

By Krish J