Back to Microeconomics Principles

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Microeconomics Principles by University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

Most people make the incorrect assumption that economics is ONLY the study of money. My primary goal in this course is to shatter this belief. During this course, we will be addressing the above questions as well as many more relating to: -the environment -love and marriage -crime -labor markets -education -politics -sports -business My main goal is to show you the way economists think and how to use this analytical system to answer questions related not only to these and other important human issues but to anything you end up doing with your life after this class. After all, as you will quickly find out, I believe that everything is economics!...

VA
Mar 13, 2019

It's a very well made course. Special thanks to Dr Jose for conveying the fundamentals of Microeconomics in such a lucid and simple way which helps in developing a solid intuition for the subject. :)

FK
Jul 15, 2017

Great way to explain economics, especially for students with english as a second language. Thanks for dividing the videos into smaller parts making me able to plan my schedule in great flexibility.

26 - 50 of 446 Reviews for Microeconomics Principles

By Harsh T

Aug 8, 2017

The course was very informative, full of real life examples and all the principles covered were explained in a way which I, a beginner to economics, found very easy to understand. Real life examples helped me to relate it with my own experiences, short length videos and interactive questions in between the course helped in keeping me completely focused on the course.

By ABBHIJITH.H

Dec 30, 2020

Amazing course!. Prof. Jose made byzantine concepts easier to understand and follow through demonstrations and lucid explanations.

By Angelo A W

Mar 19, 2020

Some explanations are not right to the point. I need to replay some videos because I did not really get the message the first time around. Some parts need deeper concentration due to lengthy explanations.

By Natalie M

Nov 10, 2019

The instructor made countless mistakes while speaking, sometimes even saying major opposites such as downward sloping instead of upward sloping. The person transcribing the professor's lectures into subtitles clearly did not understand him and wrote things incorrectly. Again, this ranged from minor errors such as hearing and transcribing "duck" when the professor said "dog" and "gourmet" instead of "government" to major issues such as writing "Accept" instead of "except" and "eliminate" instead of "illuminate." Since it is a recording, the professor should go back and make his videos clearer and the transcriber should be replaced with a professional. There are also typos in the quizzes and questions along the way.

By ASHISH P

Dec 2, 2020

worst experience and questions quality is too basic needs to be difficult. All answers are available on Quizlet.

By Dina M

Oct 7, 2020

It was a great pleasure to enjoy the mild working atmosphere aimed at improving my understanding of common microeconomic theory! I would like to express my gratitude to all the parties included into contributing to my and hundreds of other students for our ability to pass this course:

Coursera platform for providing unlimited opportunities,

University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign for the brilliant Dr. José J. Vázquez-Cognet,

American University of Central Asia for bringing its students ground for professional achievements.

P.S.: What a nice surprise it is to see Dr. José J. Vázquez-Cognet's signature on my Coursera certificate! I've recently get so accustomed to his face while watching his lessons. :)

By Martin B

Oct 9, 2020

Muy buenos dias:

Considero que el curso fue muy provechoso, con un docente de primer nivel. Muy interesante relacionar los hechos de la vida real con las categorías teoricas de la microeconomia. La evaluacion, la considera con gran porcentaje de autenticidad impulsando al estudiante a pensar en la aplicacion de los conceptos. Muy agradecido tambien por los elementos tecnologicos utilizados, el acceso a la traduccion inglés-español ya que, nos abrió mayores posibilidades para los que no somos totalmente bilingues. El Dr. Vasquez-Cognet mostró su vasto conocimiento con buena dinamica que permite al estudiante mantener buen animo para accesar a conocimientos científicos. Muchas gracias por su atención.

By Husain S

Dec 7, 2020

The course provides very different perspective for anyone interested in this field in understanding that what actually the reason behind any policies, government or business or company for which we work

takes and what is there motto or goal to achieve.

The course will help you find some common sense with why some market events occur.

I think one of the best courses to take if interested in economics , will be looking forward to take even more courses from here.

By Takashi F

Aug 6, 2017

This course is very very good. I feel that this course is going to be a milestone in my life. I did not know that economics is such an interesting field of study until I took this "Microeconomics Principles"course. The course level is not too difficult and course schedule is quite manageable for me who works full time in a profession which is quite demanding.

By Benny L

Sep 30, 2020

This course elaborates many economic concepts and phrase in popular and easy-to-understand language. Meanwhile it demonstrates economic issues with daily samples, it's familiar and able to be remembered. After finishing studying this course, I learnt lots of basic economic concepts and are able to explain some phenomenon by using the knowledge I learnt.

By D K

Sep 9, 2019

I love the way Dr Jose simplifies complicated principles through the use of practical examples. It's making Economics - a subject i once hated, being a creative pro and all - very interesting. My deepest appreciation and gratitude to UoI, Dr Jose and Coursera for not only making this course available but also consumable

By Sajid I A

Nov 2, 2016

The lecturer is amazing! The way he describes things is quite wonderful. He definitely got me more interested in economics in general. I would definitely recommend this course to any beginner in economics. Also, I am seriously considering U Illinois at Urbana-Champaigne for an exchange now, given that it happens.

By Nandini A

Nov 27, 2020

Excellent course! All the concepts were explained brilliantly with examples, applications and criticisms. The discussion forums were engaging and the quiz questions helped me think a step further. I would definitely recommend this course to anyone who wants to have a solid foundation in microeconomics concepts!

By Subir M

Mar 13, 2018

This course was of immense help to sharpen my knowledge in microeconomics. I like to personally thank the course instructor to bring in so many case study to help me understand this course better. Finally I would like to request to create an advanced version of this course to appreciate the course more.

By SANJANA A

May 19, 2017

This is one of the best courses I've ever seen. The teacher is really good. He teaches the concepts in the student's language and makes the concepts seem really easy. I enjoy ever bit of this course as he makes it interesting with his numerous examples. Hope to see more such courses.

By Aditya G

Jun 29, 2020

The course is wonderful. I learned various economics concepts in detail and with ease. The way of teaching was excellent and interactive. I enjoyed every week of the course like never before. I feel very confident now than I was before joining this course. Thank you Josh sir.

By Abhi K S

Jun 24, 2020

It was an interesting course and the tutor explained it very precisely in the time available. I liked the way he gave examples to understand the concept thoroughly. Many pictures were used in the background which was helpful in relating the micro-economic principles.

By PRIYANKA S

Oct 27, 2018

I found the course very useful especially because of the teaching style of the professor. He gave very simple and daily life examples that I could relate to. I would recommend this course to those who want to know the basics of microeconomics in simple language.

By Sanjeev S

Jul 6, 2020

The examples used and the way the instructor explains the concepts is engaging. We can relate those concepts to our day-to-day life. Another important feature about the course is hearing from the real sellers about their experience in the market.

By Rahul N

Apr 29, 2020

A nice course for fundamentals in microeconomics. The only negative takeaway from this course is the wastage of paper when the professor uses gigantic sheets of paper to draw on in his videos which could have easily been shown as slides maybe...

By Xiaolu W

Feb 18, 2018

I like Dr Jose. I like his style, his way to convey the knowledge, the point, his humor. I think he is a very nice teacher. I am preparing AP Microeconomics test. I teach myself. I use Princeton review as complement. So far I am doing well.

By Rathinder B

Sep 24, 2018

Fantastic course, taught is a very simplified and at the same generating great interest. Nice examples and the flow in which professor went about imparting the course is a great example of how online course should be adapted. Thank YOU,

By Flor P M

Mar 27, 2019

I enjoyed this course. I learned so much from it and felt that the quizzes were challenging. I also liked that when you get wrong answers the quizzes tell you what video to refer back to so that you can study the correct section again.

By Jafed E G

Jul 6, 2019

By Santiago J

Sep 13, 2017

I loved the course, I would like to publicly express my congratulations to the professor who teaches this course.

I'm sure the University of Illinois is very happy with her work.

Go ahead and repeat my thanks and congratulations.