Back to Mindshift: Break Through Obstacles to Learning and Discover Your Hidden Potential

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Mindshift: Break Through Obstacles to Learning and Discover Your Hidden Potential by McMaster University

Mindshift is designed to help boost your career and life in today’s fast-paced learning environment. Whatever your age or stage, Mindshift teaches you essentials such as how to get the most out of online learning and MOOCs, how to seek out and work with mentors, the secrets to avoiding career ruts (and catastrophes) and general ruts in life, and insights such as the value of selective ignorance over general competence. We’ll provide practical insights from science about how to learn and change effectively even in maturity, and we’ll build on what you already know to take your life’s learning in fantastic new directions. This course is designed to show you how to look at what you’re learning, and your place in what’s unfolding in the society around you, so you can be what you want to be, given the real world constraints that life puts on us all. You’ll see that by using certain mental tools and insights, you can learn and do more—far more—than you might have ever dreamed! This course can be taken independent of, concurrent with, or subsequent to, its companion course, Learning How to Learn. (Mindshift is more career focused, and Learning How to Learn is more learning focused.)...

TM

Feb 12, 2018

I really enjoyed the first course, Learn 2Learn. The female professor is great but the boring old guy should have been kicked out of the course, as he do not provide anything of value for the course.

SN

Jan 18, 2018

Thank you Barbara. It was really enjoyable trip with you in this course. I have found many new learning techniques. Your positive behavior was very encouraging for me to begin a new list of my life!

151 - 175 of 986 Reviews for Mindshift: Break Through Obstacles to Learning and Discover Your Hidden Potential

By Nguyễn T T N

Mar 13, 2018

Very good

By Marcin S

Jun 25, 2018

Awesome, complements Learning How To Learn nicely.

By Lexie G

Jan 17, 2018

I have been soaking in every word of this MOOC. Thank you so much, Barbara and Terrence! I really think that this class is a milestone for me. I feel so much hope and incredibly inspired!

By Himangi S

Apr 13, 2018

extremely inspiring and motivating course.

By Winny A M

Mar 16, 2018

I'm so happy to follow this co

By Oscar R R

Apr 05, 2018

La información brindada fue muy didáctica y motivadora.

By Andrea N H

Apr 13, 2018

It is just excellent!

By Abhishek C

Jun 15, 2018

Loved the Tutor

By Marjorie A P

Mar 20, 2018

I learned a lot from this class. Very recommended!

By Winnie L

Apr 28, 2018

Worth the time and this course changed my perspective towards lots of things. Strongly recommened. If you are not sure about whether this course will help you, please spend just 5 minutes to watch any of the course video to find out for yourself. I'm sure the concepts they shown in this course will blow your mind. Plus they made this course extremely easy to understand and master. I didn't get 100/100, but I'm happy with all of the knowledge that I learnt.

By Benedikt K

Mar 07, 2018

Wonderful course to build upon the basis from learning how to learn. The course expands on these basics and places it within the bigger context of your life and the environment we live in.

By Ruth C

Apr 09, 2018

Great course! Highly recommendable

By Mariam H A A

Apr 16, 2018

was a great course thanks

By Praveen P

May 28, 2018

A course that helps you to recognise your potentials, makes you to reflect and explore, takes

By Sunil K S

Oct 06, 2017

Well planned and full of informatio

By Riana B

Sep 10, 2017

I loved it! Can't wait to see what the two of you create next!

By George c

Sep 25, 2017

Some duplication but overall a good follow on to learning how to learn.

By Emily R

Nov 21, 2017

It's not bad at all plus i would recommend anyone to try it.

By Nikhil E

Nov 04, 2017

Awesome course.Learnt a lot.

By Richard R R G

Feb 16, 2018

me dio una perspectiva de aprender otros idiomas y otras areas de la ciencia

By Jaime Z

Jan 14, 2018

Excellent course, it really helps you to enhance your learning potential

By Kristina G

Mar 02, 2018

I really loved this course. No matter what you do for a living or what topics you would like to learn about, this course can definitely help you across multiple areas.

By Russell B B

May 01, 2018

One of the best MOOCs I've ever taken, the kind of thing that would had been great to have since high school. Is for every age and has a lot of information compacted in easy to understand chunks, the course is really easy and interactive, the tutors are great!!

By Shubham S

May 11, 2018

Indeed a great course , recommended for all and improved

By Oleg D

Jan 14, 2018

=Thank you so much! great course!