Back to Modern Art & Ideas

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Modern Art & Ideas by The Museum of Modern Art

Welcome to Modern Art & Ideas! This course is designed for anyone interested in learning more about modern and contemporary art. Over the next five weeks, you will look at art through a variety of themes: Places & Spaces, Art & Identity, Transforming Everyday Objects, and Art & Society. Each week kicks off with a video that connects works of art from The Museum of Modern Art’s collection to the theme. You will hear audio interviews with artists, designers, and curators and learn more about selected works in the additional readings and resources. Throughout this course you will discover how artists: -- represent place and take inspiration from their environment, -- create works of art to express, explore, and question identity, -- use everyday objects to challenge assumptions about what constitutes a work of art and how it should be made, -- and respond to the social, cultural, and political issues of their time through works of art. Through the discussion forum prompts and peer review assignment, you will also have the opportunity to connect with other learners and explore how these themes resonate with your own life and experience....

TT
Jun 7, 2020

Really enjoyed this course! Well organized/developed, and even for a museum buff, like me, offered great ideas, and perspectives in ‘looking’ and ‘understanding’ art, and particular artist’s process.

AM
Jan 14, 2018

It has been a very wonderful course. I love the museum as a cultural space and now I love it more for its commitment to online education and giving us the opportunity to learn in different countries.

376 - 400 of 1,417 Reviews for Modern Art & Ideas

By Rakhi K

Sep 18, 2020

I like the way to teaching their course and I'm so happy to enjoying with studying. I love it, thank you MOMA. to giving knowledge about artworks.

By Jorge A P E

Jun 7, 2021

I loved this course, it was very practical, the topics were easy to understand and I enjoyed the works they showed as well as the general topics.

By Caroline W

Mar 4, 2016

This course is for me an intelligent and surprising way to learn about art. My view at some art and artists is wider than before. Thx a lot MOMA!

By Lisa W

Jan 17, 2021

Found it interesting thank you / think it’s important to notice themes in art as sometimes it allows comparison between seemingly different work

By Maria M M

Jul 19, 2020

I enjoyed this course very much and it opened my mind regarding Modern Art. I will definitely see modern Art with different eyes now. Thank you!

By Ana L G P

Jun 17, 2020

Great course, interesting videos and exploration of new perspectives. I recommend doing the activities because it really adds to the experience.

By Andrea A O

Ha sido un gusto poder disfrutar de estos conocimientos, escuchar las experiencias de otras personas alrededor del mundo y apreciar mas el arte.

By Javier G D

Apr 29, 2020

Great course, a new approach to Modern Art. Great selection of masterpieces and explanations. I will suggest other friends to follow this course

By Andrea S

Nov 21, 2019

Very interesting course that includes a wide variety of unknown artists, artworks, stories behind them and many ideas and influences.

Thank you.

By Raul R

Sep 8, 2021

I have learned a lot!! Many concepts, artist, artwork! this course opens my mind and invite me to the wide word of art.

I highly recommend it!!

By Alfredo P P

Apr 5, 2021

An Oasis of calm and an explosion of creativity at the same time. This course guides you through a journey very much needed in these busy days!

By AJ D

Loved this course! It really got me seeing art in a more analytical, but fun way. Every week I was really jazzed to be challenged and inspired.

By Zhanna K

May 9, 2020

This course is amazing. Videos, slide-shows, all materials so intersting and gives you all information for study. I am in love with this cousre

By Erica K

Jun 7, 2021

a truly eye opening and fun experience in the course of such a short time, highly recommend to those willing to know more about the art world.

By Kinda M D

I would like to thank you for this valuable course.

And would like to be part of this family site ..and chose another course with you....thanks

By Indre A

Aug 16, 2017

The course is really interesting and engaging. I really enjoyed not only short but informative videos, but also readings added to the course.

By Vanesa P

Dec 23, 2020

I can say that Modern & Ideas course exceeded my expectations and gave me new knowledge in the comprehension of the artists' points of view.

By Manuel E C G

Jul 22, 2020

Excelente curso, los recursos utilizados son muy accesibles y fáciles de entender.

Felicidades a todo el equipo que hizo posible este curso.

By Alejandro M L

Jun 15, 2020

The course made me reflect on many aspects of the artworks context and made wider my perspective of some pieces that I already knew. Thanks!

By Laura F

May 5, 2020

Really interesting course where you get to understand artworks through audiovisual content, forums and more! I enjoyed every thing about it.

By Amy T

Nov 4, 2018

Really digestible information about modern art. I would recommend for a beginner or someone wishing to brush up on their modern art history!

By Federica B

Apr 3, 2020

Very interesting and fascinating course. I've learnt many things (especially about contemporary art) that I didn't know! Thank you for all.

By Yuliya B

Mar 27, 2018

It was dynamic, informative and unique. There were highlights of such aspects about which no one is ever speaking at this angle. Thank you!

By Sophia C

May 3, 2020

Such a great course for guided learning. And an opportunity for deeper dive into the topic in any direction you wish. I really enjoyed it.

By Bruno B

May 3, 2020

Good for beginners who don't have a big background in art education, but for me it lacked some content. Great nonetheless! Thank you MoMA!