Back to Modern Art & Ideas

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Modern Art & Ideas by The Museum of Modern Art

Welcome to Modern Art & Ideas! This course is designed for anyone interested in learning more about modern and contemporary art. Over the next five weeks, you will look at art through a variety of themes: Places & Spaces, Art & Identity, Transforming Everyday Objects, and Art & Society. Each week kicks off with a video that connects works of art from The Museum of Modern Art’s collection to the theme. You will hear audio interviews with artists, designers, and curators and learn more about selected works in the additional readings and resources. Throughout this course you will discover how artists: -- represent place and take inspiration from their environment, -- create works of art to express, explore, and question identity, -- use everyday objects to challenge assumptions about what constitutes a work of art and how it should be made, -- and respond to the social, cultural, and political issues of their time through works of art. Through the discussion forum prompts and peer review assignment, you will also have the opportunity to connect with other learners and explore how these themes resonate with your own life and experience....

TT
Jun 7, 2020

Really enjoyed this course! Well organized/developed, and even for a museum buff, like me, offered great ideas, and perspectives in ‘looking’ and ‘understanding’ art, and particular artist’s process.

AM
Jan 14, 2018

It has been a very wonderful course. I love the museum as a cultural space and now I love it more for its commitment to online education and giving us the opportunity to learn in different countries.

476 - 500 of 1,432 Reviews for Modern Art & Ideas

By Laura E J

Un curso increíble en el que aprendí, me sorprendí y sobre todo me divertí mucho. Me siento complacida y contenta.

By Meetali D R

Sep 23, 2020

Very brilliant course. I learnt many skills. Learnt about many artists and their works, their design inspiration.

By DIANA M U R

May 13, 2019

really i want to say thanks, thanks so much , this course was amaizing thanks teacher God bless you for your help

By Elisabet A

Jun 13, 2021

I enjoyed this course a lot. It gave me perspective and I like a lot the way is organized and presented. Thanks!

By José F M

Feb 23, 2021

This is my first course here in Coursera, and i'm really happy with all the things I have learnd a lot of things

By Saúl A

Aug 4, 2017

A extraordinary oportunity to get close to various perspectives and views on the spiritual, the art and reality.

By Vedaang

Jan 15, 2022

This course helped me gain more knowledge about contemporary artists and broadened my horizons to the art world

By Theodora K

Jul 8, 2020

Really amazing and insightful, would definitely recommend to anyway, even if art is not their thing! Thank you.

By Soheil K

May 15, 2020

the course got boring sometimes, I guess increasing the interaction between learners and platform would help...

By Scott L

Jul 5, 2019

Excellent. Helped me understand some works that were previously baffling to me and discovered some new artists.

By Steven P

Jul 8, 2017

What a gift to have access to this material and information! Very enriching!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

By Nivedita D

Mar 7, 2016

This is a great snapshot for a layman to understand the relevance and significance of modern art in this world.

By Alain M

Dec 13, 2020

Interesting course.

Too bad the last assignment does not allow to upload the number of pictures which is asked.

By Nergis B

It was a lesson that broadened my horizons. I definitely think of taking any other lesson by MoMA. Thank you.

By Priyadarshini M C

Aug 5, 2020

It is really helpful for an art enthusiast like me. Really had a great time learning Modern Arts and Ideas.👍

By Pierrette A

Fantastically curated course. Loved every second and truly developed an appreciation for the works discussed.

By Berenice K

Oct 20, 2020

Great way to gain insight into ideas, practices and historical background of Modern Art, highly recommended!

By Alysia P

Jan 30, 2020

I enjoyed this course. It gives a lot of food for thought about artwork that I had never understood before.

By Sakina H

Jun 17, 2017

Lovely course. A comprehensive overview of major themes, artists, and artworks of the 20th and 21st century.

By Jocelyn

Mar 24, 2019

The courses let me know more about the modern art and let me learn modern arts from other classmates' work.

By Iván P

Oct 16, 2018

Excelentes temas los tratados en el curso, así como los materiales de lectura obligatoria y los opcionales.

By Ioana T M

May 9, 2017

Great course with amazing additional links to articles and other information sources. Totally recommend it!

By Myriam N G M

Sep 22, 2015

Un excelente curso, especial para los gestores culturales que recién se están integrando a dicha actividad.

By Alexander D C

Dec 24, 2021

Muy contento. Es un curso bastante completo y que brinda cosas que no puedes encontrar en cualquier sitio.