Back to The Modern and the Postmodern (Part 2)

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Modern and the Postmodern (Part 2) by Wesleyan University

This course examines how the idea of "the modern" develops at the end of the 18th century in European philosophy and literature, and how being modern (or progressive, or hip) became one of the crucial criteria for understanding and evaluating cultural change. Are we still in modernity, or have we moved beyond the modern to the postmodern?...

CM

Mar 12, 2016

Sad to see it end. I loved this course. I thought Professor Roth was a great guide. As I've completed Part 2 I am tempted to go listen to the lectures all over again. This hooked me on MOOCs. 6 stars.

SC

Oct 25, 2015

The course is great . I am not a humanities student and english is not my first language , so I find writing essays difficult. I wish there were some easier tests along side the essays. Thank you.

26 - 50 of 70 Reviews for The Modern and the Postmodern (Part 2)

By Everardo G

Mar 19, 2016

This is an amazing course. I´m really happy. I had a really good time with the bibliography, the topics, and the teacher. ¡THAKS A LOT!

By Peter A B

Aug 06, 2020

really enjoyed the course. When are they going to d a course on late existentialist thinkers? Some of the readings were unavailable.

By Andrew G

Feb 09, 2016

Excellent course. Well constructed and well presented. Really enjoyed learning about a subject I previously only knew the name of!

By Peter F

Dec 16, 2018

Excellent course from an accomplished scholar, presents insights about his subject matter from all different points of view.

By Rebecca R

Nov 16, 2015

I loved this course. Michael Roth was superb in repacking the challenging content in an engaging and enthralling manner.

By Bergthor S

Oct 01, 2015

THE most interesting lecturer I have found in recent times.

Wonderfully enlightening approach to the subjec.

By Cristina D

Jul 11, 2017

Excellent! Looking forward for more classes like this one, and if they are with the same Professor, even better.

By David V G

Jul 14, 2016

Great Course. Enjoying it, expanding my knowledge and thinking. Taking my time and repeat most of the lectures.

By LilGuz

Oct 26, 2015

Excellent course, the best context to read and understand very good writers and important ideas. Thank you.

By Rahul R

Apr 22, 2016

Very well presented and planned.

Lot of learning opportunity . Interest generating to learn more.

By Mary L R

Mar 20, 2016

What is Western Pilosophy? Here's an answer that also helps you understand the ways people behave.

By Clarissa P

Nov 17, 2015

brilliant and illuminating course, covering complex ideas in a friendly and understandable manner.

By Sankar V

Jan 07, 2018

A very enlightening approach showering rich content through diverse methodologies. Thanks a lot

By penn w

Apr 11, 2016

This class is wonderful and i'm looking forward to taking it again when it becomes available.

By amanda m

May 29, 2018

amazing lectures and challenging essay topics that really help you absorb the material.

By Miriam P S

Jan 30, 2016

Excellent choice of material, ample reading support, clear expositions.

By Jonathan C

Nov 21, 2016

Great Course. Really provides a good way to explore the subject.

By Dunja T

Feb 03, 2019

Great choice of subjects and authors and fantastic lectures.

By Rohit V

Jul 19, 2020

I want the entire course to stay with me forever. Loved It.

By Laura L

Feb 11, 2016

Michael Roth is an excellent teacher! I loved this class!

By Sebastián M C

Sep 22, 2017

Excellent course, thank you very much Michael for this.

By Daniel Z

Jan 05, 2016

Excellent Course with extremely detailed lectures.

By Shehzad A

Jul 06, 2020

It was a great course and I have learned a lot!

By Anna K

Jan 01, 2016

I adore both this and part one of the course! A

By sandra s

May 15, 2016

I love this course. The tutor is fascinating.