Back to The Modern and the Postmodern (Part 2)

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Modern and the Postmodern (Part 2) by Wesleyan University

This course examines how the idea of "the modern" develops at the end of the 18th century in European philosophy and literature, and how being modern (or progressive, or hip) became one of the crucial criteria for understanding and evaluating cultural change. Are we still in modernity, or have we moved beyond the modern to the postmodern?...

CM

Mar 12, 2016

Sad to see it end. I loved this course. I thought Professor Roth was a great guide. As I've completed Part 2 I am tempted to go listen to the lectures all over again. This hooked me on MOOCs. 6 stars.

SC

Oct 25, 2015

The course is great . I am not a humanities student and english is not my first language , so I find writing essays difficult. I wish there were some easier tests along side the essays. Thank you.

26 - 50 of 61 Reviews for The Modern and the Postmodern (Part 2)

By David V G

Jul 14, 2016

Great Course. Enjoying it, expanding my knowledge and thinking. Taking my time and repeat most of the lectures.

By LilGuz

Oct 26, 2015

Excellent course, the best context to read and understand very good writers and important ideas. Thank you.

By Bergthor S

Oct 01, 2015

THE most interesting lecturer I have found in recent times.

Wonderfully enlightening approach to the subjec.

By Petro S

Jun 06, 2017

Great stuff, great teacher!

By Roland I

Aug 19, 2015

Very accessible, very inspiring - thanks

By Thurein

Dec 07, 2015

I like the way of Michael Roth's lecturing.

By Sebastián M C

Sep 22, 2017

Excellent course, thank you very much Michael for this.

By Jonathan C

Nov 21, 2016

Great Course. Really provides a good way to explore the subject.

By penn w

Apr 11, 2016

This class is wonderful and i'm looking forward to taking it again when it becomes available.

By Chemezova K R

Aug 31, 2016

Thanks for amazing lectures!

By sandra s

May 15, 2016

I love this course. The tutor is fascinating.

By Maria T F

Feb 01, 2016

I want more. It grew in me like when you manage to bring out a splendid salad.Everything connects and relates but what really matters is the chewing.

By Laura L

Feb 11, 2016

Michael Roth is an excellent teacher! I loved this class!

By Rebecca L R

Nov 16, 2015

I loved this course. Michael Roth was superb in repacking the challenging content in an engaging and enthralling manner.

By Remington C

Mar 29, 2016

Phenomenal instructor, great material, and I loved the reading. This was a challenging course, and that's needed more in online courses like this. Changed the way I look at the world.

By Bryan m

Oct 08, 2015

excelente enfoque.

By Alisha M

Feb 23, 2016

My favourite MOOC of all time! Changed the way I viewed the world and introduced me to the wonderful new world of philosophy. Thank you Micheal S. Roth! :)

By Martin P

Jun 15, 2016

A five-star rating for a five-star course. I've actually completed parts 1 and 2 and I cannot praise both parts too highly. Professor Roth, President of Wesleyan College was an excellent lecturer and imparted his knowledge with great enthusiasm. I learned a lot and thoroughly enjoyed the experience.

One negative point on the Coursera side: I'm still waiting for my first and fifth assignments to be assessed. In the case of the first assignment, that goes back to April.

By Allan M A

Jun 07, 2018

Amazing content!

By Cynthia M

Mar 12, 2016

By Miriam P S

Jan 30, 2016

Excellent choice of material, ample reading support, clear expositions.

By Janique M

Jan 05, 2017

I loved this course!

By Gerard M

Apr 12, 2018

I came away from the course with a much better understanding of why the world is the way it is today. The diversity of thought offered by great thinkers in featured readings is amazing. Highly recommended!

By Ritoban D

Nov 04, 2017

It was a great learning experience.

By Olga M

Aug 16, 2018

Thank you for this inspiring diving into modern and postmodern philosophy. It helped a lot with filling gaps and providing new leads to develop and research