Back to The Modern World, Part Two: Global History since 1910

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Modern World, Part Two: Global History since 1910 by University of Virginia

This is a survey of modern history from a global perspective. Part Two begins early in the twentieth century, as older ways of doing things and habits of thought give way. What follows is an era of cataclysmic struggles over what ideas and institutions will take their place. The course concludes in the present day, as communities everywhere are transitioning into a new era of world history. Again we work hard to grasp what is happening and ask: Why? Again we are drawn to pivotal choices made at key moments by individuals and communities....

MN

Sep 24, 2017

excellent course for those who have not studied history as part of their academic curriculum. Course is slightly from American(USA) perspective of world events but nevertheless is highly informative.

RM

Dec 08, 2016

This course is enlightening in so many ways. This course not only answers the "What" about history, but also "Why", "Why not" and the overall perception, feelings of people of each era being taught.

76 - 100 of 228 Reviews for The Modern World, Part Two: Global History since 1910

By Gordon M

Dec 27, 2016

Excellent - thoroughly enjoyable, interesting and very well presented. It helped me to place so many isolated events in context and helped to compl

By Robert-Jeroen V

Feb 20, 2018

I thoroughly enjoyed this course. I find history very interesting, and this course gave me a better understanding of events in the past century.

By Robert D

Jun 20, 2017

Excelente contenido y muy buenas explicaciones, verdaderamente amplia los conocimientos generales acerca de la historia universal del siglo XX

By Antony J D H

Mar 18, 2016

I will post my very positive review of both courses, The Modern World from 1760 to 1910 and The Modern World from 1910, in the near future.

By Peter R

Mar 16, 2016

Exhaustive, clear, excellent presentation with very helpful diagrams. I have enjoyed every lecture. But where is the book covering all this

By Michal F

Oct 29, 2017

Very interesting take on the last 2 centuries - put in a holistic form, very well thought trough. Excellent course and a great instructor.

By n.atalie

Oct 11, 2017

I enjoyed this course so much as it provides great videos and the quizzes are great instruments in order to revise my learning progress.

By Drew F

Jul 17, 2016

Professor Zelikow always does a phenomenal job. By far the best lecturer I have watched on Coursera. Thanks for the class, professor.

By Remington C

Jan 13, 2016

Brilliant teacher, wonderful course. This course allows you to not just have a knowledge, but an understanding of the modern world.

By Lazaros A

Nov 08, 2018

An excellent, thought provoking course. It has helped me form an understanding of how things work and how we got to where we are.

By Chavarria G

Sep 04, 2019

Thank you very much to Mr. Philip Zelikow. I fully enjoy his teaching and points of view. I absolutely recommend this teaching.

By Oscar T

Dec 30, 2018

Master in the use of the "why?" in history. Very pedagogical presentations with profound historical insight. ¡Mejor imposible!

By JOHN Q

Dec 07, 2015

As good as Part One....I have thoroughly enjoyed both parts of this course. Thanks for the wonderful lectures! John Quincy

By Art S

Aug 07, 2019

Excellent big picture objective overview of how the world got to where it is and some insights on where it may go from here.

By Roger C P

Jan 21, 2016

A short course but with a great vision of the Global History of the 20th century. Philip Zelikou is an excellent professor.

By James B

Jun 17, 2016

Interesting, well-presented. Instructor was congenial and the presentations were well-illustrated, including some humor.

By Trevor W

Aug 13, 2017

Excellent. One of the best courses on world history I've taken. Truly engaging and packed full of interesting facts.

By David S

Sep 05, 2016

A great course. I learned a tremendous amount and found the professor to be extremely knowledgeable and thoughtful.

By James W S

Jun 25, 2016

This is the second course taken by me from Philip Zelikow. He is an excellent instruction whom I thoroughly enjoy.

By Fabricio B

Jun 08, 2016

Invites to be analytic and critical about historical events. Excellent approach: situation+decisions+consequences.

By Antoine B

Mar 13, 2017

Le professeur est très sympathique, et on apprend beaucoup, y compris sur des sujets que l'on pensait connaître.

By michael m

Mar 28, 2016

as amazing as part one. I always finish the lectures with an audible "wow." Great perspective on world events

By Joseph C

Sep 13, 2015

Great course! It was interesting, thorough, and informative. Taught by a very talented, energetic professor.

By Liya X

Mar 20, 2019

This is an awesome course that not only taught me global history but also inspired me to think more deeply

By mike R

Oct 20, 2015

Absolutely a great course. I learned so much. I wish this course was available during my undergrad years.