Back to The Modern World, Part Two: Global History since 1910

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Modern World, Part Two: Global History since 1910 by University of Virginia

This is a survey of modern history from a global perspective. Part Two begins early in the twentieth century, as older ways of doing things and habits of thought give way. What follows is an era of cataclysmic struggles over what ideas and institutions will take their place. The course concludes in the present day, as communities everywhere are transitioning into a new era of world history. Again we work hard to grasp what is happening and ask: Why? Again we are drawn to pivotal choices made at key moments by individuals and communities....

MN

Sep 24, 2017

excellent course for those who have not studied history as part of their academic curriculum. Course is slightly from American(USA) perspective of world events but nevertheless is highly informative.

RM

Dec 08, 2016

This course is enlightening in so many ways. This course not only answers the "What" about history, but also "Why", "Why not" and the overall perception, feelings of people of each era being taught.

76 - 100 of 284 Reviews for The Modern World, Part Two: Global History since 1910

By Alexandre M

May 17, 2017

I´m a 17-year old pupil and this was my first experience with on line University courses. This course is very clearly structured and Professor Zelikow did a very good job at explaining worldwide history in an unbiaised way.

By Nikunj B

Jun 30, 2020

This set of two courses is basically what we should be teaching in schools. Schools often miss out modern history and especially overarching themes in history. I loved these two courses and the effort put into making them

By Martin K

Sep 22, 2015

Excellent part 2 of a modern history synopsis of the world. Highly engaged professor who has excellent insights into the reasons behind why events occurred in the past. Great for overall intellectual enrichment.

By Virginia C

Jul 01, 2017

The emphasis on examining how historical figures viewed their situations and available options results in a very interesting analysis of history that is engaging and thought provoking. Thanks for the great class.

By Srikanth K

Sep 02, 2017

Thanks Prof. Zelikow and his team for this hugely informative and entertaining course. This course was more absorbing and riveting than most movies and books. Of course, I got to learn and unlearn quite a lot.

By Paul K

Mar 09, 2017

As a person who has rarely studied history, I found this to be an excellent overview of key historical dates, people and ideas. Thank you for making this such an effective and helpful set of presentations.

By Fathima T P

Jul 24, 2020

Its an awesome course. And the instructor presented things very clearly. The course helped me to learn more about modern world. Both part one and two are good. Thank you so much for providing this course.

By Michael P M

Jul 08, 2017

I found this course, and its comnpanion course "The Modern World Part One", extremely interesting and informatiive. Gave me a much broader view on the world today and how it has developed.

By Admario L R

Feb 06, 2016

Really outstanding course: clear, engaging and thoughtful. Prof. Zelikov knows how put complex subjects and historical situations in a most clear perspective without being superficial.

By Naveen J R

Aug 20, 2020

A great course that enables one to understand the flow of recent historical changes and provides understanding of the root events and choices that has resulted in the world of today.

By Bhanu S

Apr 10, 2018

The best Modern World History course. I wish professor had a book on the course written by himself, he explains every event from a number of perspectives, which is absolutely great.

By Gabriel O M

Jan 08, 2017

This is a terrific course, amazing prevention,

but it does lack reading material that Virginia's full online course has,

it would be nice to have a deeper engamente with the subjects.

By Tofail A

Sep 27, 2019

This join opportunity by the university and the coursers will provide us a excellent concept of "The Modern World, Part Two: Global History since 1910". Lets learn and onward...

By Celia F

Jan 12, 2017

This is one of the best history courses I've ever taken. Great material and structure that allow you to identify the global and local; social, political and economic situations.

By Kelley C

Jun 11, 2020

I enjoyed the class and the lectures very much. I consider myself to be a bit of a history buff, but there was so much I didn't know.; I was thrilled to learn and understand.

By Carole A

Feb 28, 2016

Great course!

I particularly appreciated that the emphasis was not on what happened and dates as much as on explaining the why and discussing the circumstances leading to it.

By Michal S

Jan 31, 2016

Perfect follow-up of the previous course, really informative with very good explanations. I really recommend to take the course, it doesn't matter what's your specialization.

By Eva L

Jun 20, 2016

I am a lifelong learner older adult. I found this course to be well put together and well executed. Professor Zelokow is well spoken, thoughtful, and thought provoking.

By Clarisse S O

Jul 24, 2020

I truly enjoyed the online course, so educative and well presented.

This was purely for my own knowledge. I am glad I chose that course over any other.

Thank you again.

By Ryan D

Mar 30, 2017

Simply amazing. I feel ready to plunge into any part of of politics, economy, history, and diplomacy with a solid understanding of the broad scope of the modern world.

By Jakub D

Nov 11, 2016

Just finnished this course and I enjoyed it very much. Would like to thank prof. Zelikow for wonderful and very insightfull presentations! Would recommend to everyone

By Santiago M

Nov 17, 2015

El profesor es muy bueno, aprendí demasiadas cosas acerca de historia moderna, además incita a seguir estudiando y profundizando en temas muy interesantes.

Gracias.

By Akhilesh S

Aug 16, 2018

A wonderful and indulging course. The knowledge and the course materials presented by Prof is absolutely stunning and insightful. Everyone should take this course.

By ana b

Nov 02, 2015

Really enjoyed following this course, which has capture my attention from day 1. I learned a lot. Congratulations for putting together such a well balanced course.

By Lewis P

Jul 16, 2019

Great professor, great overview with a mix of super minute details and big picture narrative that makes this history of the 20th century fascinating and engaging.