Back to Moralities of Everyday Life

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Moralities of Everyday Life by Yale University

How can we explain kindness and cruelty? Where does our sense of right and wrong come from? Why do people so often disagree about moral issues? This course explores the psychological foundations of our moral lives....

RJ
Mar 12, 2021

Professor Bloom is knowledgeable, fair, and often humorous without disrupting the quality of the lectures. The use of examples and mixture of teaching media were great. I highly recommend this course.

AS
Jun 7, 2020

It was very informational and challenging in ones' own personal belief, thoughts, and ethical values. I would love to take a follow-up on additional courses. And Professor Bloom was very informative.

576 - 600 of 654 Reviews for Moralities of Everyday Life

By Sergio M

Dec 24, 2016

The course was very well organised, setting good example of the standards Yale University presents.

Paul Bloom did an excellent job with every lecture; My focus was never lost.

The only improvements I can think of, which is why the fifth star was not given, are: proper maintenance of links for the required reads (two of them did not work for me) and maybe include more questions throughout the lecture (add a greater sense of interaction with the lecturer).

By kshitij b

Jul 9, 2018

A great course . Had me into thinking about various things we as humans do . The videos were explained dilligently and i appreciate all the hard work these guys put and to bring out special clips was remarkable . the only reason for me to give it 1 star less was that they just superficially touched some of the main point i was looking forward to understand for eg the role of religion in moral values, etc..

By Ali K S

Jul 4, 2020

Even though, it's prevalent that lectures took place close to 5-years ago, they're very prevalent till today. They were enlightening, case-specific and educational. Event though there were room to dispute, argue and present alternative points of view- one can't for all it was pre-recorded and saved in a virtual bubble. None-the-less, highly worth it and highly recommended!

By David D

Mar 5, 2017

Generally quite good in reviewing a multitude of aspects. I did miss not having my responses evaluated even though I decided just to audit this course. On almost all occassions others courses let you evaluate your learning as you go so this was disappointing.

I did purchase Bloom's book which I find easy to read and very complimentary to the course.

By Claire B

Jun 9, 2018

Great speaker, easy-to-follow videos, interesting cases and stories. The whole course makes you think differently about the (moral) week you just had! Yet, I give it 4 out of 5 stars, cause somehow I feel like I'm lacking some "hard" knowledge. But it surely was a very nice and interesting introduction to moralities!

By Haifa M

Oct 29, 2020

A fantastic course that gives you a holistic outlook on morality and what guides people in making decisions and taking choices. Really leaves you thinking and ruminating about everything you have ever known. The professor lectures on everything from psychology to philosophy to anthropology and more!

By Mackenzie C

Oct 5, 2020

Beautifully crafted and wonderfully insightful. I would recommend taking notes and putting the speed of each video to x1.5 however. Regardless, I would highly recommend this to anyone wishing to gain a better understanding of what it means to be human in a world full of questionable humanity...

By Stephanie F

Sep 21, 2020

This was a pretty good class in terms of critical thinking. It gave valid comparative contrasts from a number of different perspectives. It tried remaining neutral while arguing a number of different viewpoints to give those participating valuable critical thinking skills.

By Andi R

Apr 30, 2020

For me, this was a lot of brain pain! However, the material is interesting and applicable to real world situations from politics to TV shows.

You will come out of this course a little more thoughtful and a lot better informed about why people do what they do.

By Alice D

Dec 3, 2016

You'll need to pay to take the quizzes, which is a bummer, but over all a very interesting, well done, and thought provoking look into morality and how we define what is moral.

By Divya S

Sep 27, 2016

Very engaging lecturer. I would have preferred the course to be a little more challenging, with perhaps a final exam or some extra readings. Nevertheless, highly recommended.

By SAI D S

i have gained a lot of knowledge through this course and it taught me that being in a society is all about one's individuality and the morals they learnt.

By Elizabeth A S

May 5, 2020

It was interesting but went on a bit long.

I think that the instructor could have gotten all of his I tended material in if he tightened each lecture.

By ANA L L

I found the course quite interesting although the extension was too long. I think is a good introduction but not something to learn a lot from.

By mrs v

Sep 9, 2020

Very good course and fascinating reading. Some of the reading material was unavailable due to broken links/removed videos.

By Mechthild K

Apr 29, 2021

Very interesting course on a topic i have not thought about much before. Difficult to squeeze into a short time frame.

By Jang S

Jun 29, 2020

Quite good, i would suggest if Paul would take some time to explain graphs as an optional class. Like office hours.

By Lisa S

Nov 21, 2016

It seems the teacher was under the influence of psychological drugs. He lacked the qualities of humans.

By Basel

Jun 26, 2020

it is a very helpful course I have learned a lot of things about psychology and human being behaviors

By G J

The best life skills i have learend ,form here like ,connections and commnunicating skills ,thanks .

By Alejandro J

Sep 13, 2020

I would like to understand better and with clear examples the difference between Moral and Ethics

By Abhishek D

Jun 29, 2020

Really nice Course and it was nicely presented. Hope to get a similar course like this.

By Eli J J

Feb 3, 2020

Very good and interesting introduction to factors that influence moral decision making.

By Caelyn M

Aug 26, 2016

A good well organized course; but I was already familiar with much of the material.

By Sanari N

Feb 11, 2021

Largely biased but still interesting when applied to Western cultures