Back to More Chinese for Beginners

Learner Reviews & Feedback for More Chinese for Beginners by Peking University

This is an advanced course for Chinese for beginners. Learners will expand vocabularies about personal information, daily life, food and drink, healthy, and expressions about greeting, suggestion, agreement, comparison, complaint, prohibition, experience, plan, recommendation, etc. Learners can improve their listening and speaking and know much more about Chinese social cultures. As the same as Chinese for beginners, the course doesn’t ask the learners to know Chinese characters. Recommended Background: For learners with certain English language ability and better have attended Chinese for beginners....

SG
Jun 26, 2016

Great course, I enjoyed learning Chinese in this method.\n\nThe videos were straightforward. The pronunciation was clear enough to understand without and difficultly. I would recommend this course.

NW
Sep 11, 2021

This course was great to complete! I really enjoyed it and have learned a lot these past weeks! Thanks to the teacher and all the people involved in creating this learning opportunity!!

251 - 269 of 269 Reviews for More Chinese for Beginners

Oct 21, 2021

ổn

By vas m

Aug 11, 2020

Generally good materials and presented well for me, but there were problems with some of the quiz questions, either problem with input of characters or not flexible enough in accepting correct answers

By Sohyun P

Jun 13, 2020

There's no feedback on question. Nobody cares students. Hope there's someone who is active and give advice to students.

By KANCHANID K

Sep 14, 2020

It's good to learned more culture than first course. something is a little bit hard for me to find the answer.

By The i B

Aug 19, 2020

the first courses "Chinese for Beginners" was more fun and it was easier to take the course

By Maitmaya A

Jan 22, 2020

Kind of Great course! Thanks to Coursera and the Instructor.

By Sydney C

Dec 5, 2019

Video dialogues were too slow. But overall ok course

By Piyumika L

Jul 5, 2021

Best course

By MD S H

Oct 23, 2020

great

By Tashia S

Oct 21, 2021

The course is good. However it would be great if the corrections are shown in the quizzes without hiding all options after clicking submit. It makes it difficult to avoid the wrong answers. The attempts should also be removed as this is a beginners' course.

By Maria C

Apr 28, 2021

I didn't get too far in, but enough to already be almost done a week of work in just under 30 mins. Its hard to explain, but I'll do my best. So for starters the intro is super short. You watch a small animation video and already a quiz. If you are super super beginner like you know nothing when you open that quiz you're gonna be like wait where did these words come from. I was ok with the first one, but the second quiz is just pictures and you match it to what they are....ok? The third quiz had already a few others words that weren't giving to you in the list nor the animation.

It made me feel like I was watching something done without care. Idk how others manage to learn the language under this type of style. But it's not informative enough to me. The animation and the unnecessary background music is a bother. If you're into this style cool, but I'm more get to the point and teach me like really teach me stuff. So I'll be unenrolling from this course and hopefully find one that's good.

By Wei P L

Jan 20, 2021

what's the point of learning Chinese without learning Chinese characters?? wasting time.