Back to More Chinese for Beginners

Learner Reviews & Feedback for More Chinese for Beginners by Peking University

This is an advanced course for Chinese for beginners. Learners will expand vocabularies about personal information, daily life, food and drink, healthy, and expressions about greeting, suggestion, agreement, comparison, complaint, prohibition, experience, plan, recommendation, etc. Learners can improve their listening and speaking and know much more about Chinese social cultures. As the same as Chinese for beginners, the course doesn’t ask the learners to know Chinese characters. Recommended Background: For learners with certain English language ability and better have attended Chinese for beginners....

SG

Jun 27, 2016

Great course, I enjoyed learning Chinese in this method.\n\nThe videos were straightforward. The pronunciation was clear enough to understand without and difficultly. I would recommend this course.

RM

Jul 14, 2019

What a great course. The teacher so helpful and so professional. I would like to continue my journey of Chinese language lessons in the future. Thank you teacher and to Coursera!

76 - 100 of 120 Reviews for More Chinese for Beginners

By britney c

Jul 29, 2019

muy bueno

By Cristian A R

Aug 05, 2019

This one is the best course that I've taken to learning Chinese that's so amazing and I amused because this helped me a lo to improve my listening and speaking skills. I'm so grateful

By Steven J

Aug 10, 2019

In my opinion, the quizzes for the first until third week is more challenging than the quizzes from fourth to final (sixth) week, so I think the first three weeks quizzes is more helpful than the last three weeks. I also have learned a lot of new vocabularies, I hope I will get to use them someday in practice. Overall, this course is recommended to get starting to learn Chinese language, will be better if there is another Chinese language course from this university using the Hanzi instead of PInyin.

By Tram B N

May 08, 2019

The teacher is so energy and teach so awesome. She's also gorgeous, as you know. The content and videos are so good, high quality. I think all of you spend a lot of time to make these useful videos. Thank in advance! I hope you will have more and more perfect Chinese classes in the future.

By Evgeniy

May 07, 2019

谢谢。这课程是很好和有用。

By Lucas E C

Jun 15, 2019

Iniciando a segunda etapa agora, muito bom esse curso oferecido pela renomada Universidade de Pequim, com a nossa querida professora Xiaoyu Liu.

By Luis O C K

Sep 15, 2019

Amazing, an step up from the first course and an excellent continuation.

By MARCOS R S D S

Aug 27, 2019

A Great course! I loved it!

By Daminov B

Oct 25, 2019

我喜欢你的课。谢谢您

By Nadya F

Oct 27, 2019

This is a helpful course, I really enjoyed learning and I learnt a lot of basic chinese vocabularies, expressions and so on. Xiè xie

By Irene D P C T

Oct 02, 2019

Excellent course. Thank you so much

By Nguyen H P

Oct 04, 2019

Very good. Extremely good. Thank you for your enthusiasm and your lesson every day.

By Carlos H

Oct 28, 2019

Overall a great basic course to start building a good foundation in mandarin.

By Eduardo A

Oct 16, 2019

Curso bem legal, bom continuação pra quem já fez o Chinese for Beginners, ajudou a aprender um pouco mais de gramática, vocabulário, expressões básicas usadas em situações comuns, sempre de um jeito prático e leve.

By Moisés A M

Oct 17, 2019

Muy bueno, pero deberían al final dar la hoja de caracteres chinos como en el curso previo.

By sairam m s

Nov 10, 2019

Great course!!

By Peter B

Apr 11, 2018

Great course. I learned a lot of new expressions and words. I think it is very useful to learn through natural conversations. More drilling and detailed explanations would improve the course.

By Maria M m M s

Oct 07, 2017

I would like to have more time to learn. Chinese is not an easy language...

By Juan L G F

Dec 01, 2017

Great course to learn a lot of vocabulary and how to say those words in chinese. Thanks

By Hans V M

Nov 06, 2016

Well, the course offers well-explained concepts of the (difficult !) mandarin Chinese language, and takes the student forward at a slow pace for the sake of absorbing instead of just reading. Thanks !

PS: try to do the quizzes without your notes ... so that it really starts sinking in. The questions aren't difficult.

By Christine B

Jun 17, 2017

Much harder than the first beginner Chinese course.

By Gerard H

Oct 29, 2017

The presentation and explanation of Grammatical items was very well, congratulations! What I missed a little was a syllabus o transcript of the Chinese dialogues written in Characters and pinyin, like in the course Chinese for beginners. I used the old one in order to write the vocals correctly in the exercises. More exercises would be interesting too.

By Felipe J T

Feb 09, 2017

Es muy bueno para aprender el idioma.

By Barbarin L

Oct 08, 2016

It was very good thanks :D

By Jorge

Feb 02, 2017

It would be nice if it includes a little information about the Chinese characters. It's great that its focused on Pinyin and pronunciation, but it's also necessary to become familiar with the characters. This one is better than the first course (production).