Back to Inspiring and Motivating Individuals

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Inspiring and Motivating Individuals by University of Michigan

In this course, you will learn how to create a shared vision for your team and effectively communicate it to your teammates. You will also learn how to set effective goals and expectations in a way that best enables your team to attain the shared vision. Finally, you will understand the most important needs and drivers of performance across cultures, and will learn to align rewards with desired behaviors so that your teammates are motivated to attain the team’s objectives. Motivation represents a crucial challenge for contemporary organizations: A recent Gallup poll revealed that only 13% of workers worldwide exhibit high levels of engagement and motivation. We will show you why these motivation problems are not simply due to a “bad” or “unmotivated” team member. Rather, motivation is very much driven by what work conditions we create for our teammates, how we structure goals and objectives, and how we reward people for the accomplishment of those goals. This course will help you diagnose and solve motivation problems so that you can bring out the best in your people....

KG
Mar 23, 2021

Excellent instructors, material is reliable and more than sufficient, overall presentation of information is well-paced, and all activities, included peer-graded assignments have learning potential.

TD
Jun 20, 2017

Great course, but perhaps forewarn students of the feedback assignment in week 4 a little bit earlier - it took me nearly a month to get feedback from people on my team because we are pretty busy.

226 - 250 of 972 Reviews for Inspiring and Motivating Individuals

By EZRA A

Feb 13, 2017

This has been a most dynamic academic experience for me. I learnt a lot and promise to fully implement them in my everyday work-life

By Michel H

Feb 3, 2020

Excelente el curso. Los instructores muy inspiradores. Pienso que es un curso útil no solo para el trabajo sino para la vida misma.

By Leandro C M

Oct 5, 2018

Very useful course. You will learn very powerful techniques to be a visionary leader and boost engagement and results on your team.

By Lisa S

Feb 22, 2016

This course really has helped me in learning how to work more effectively with others and how to motivate my teams better. Thanks!

By Alessandra V

Jun 5, 2018

Very well structured course, easy to follow and very informative and inspiring. I deeply recommend for leaders in different areas.

By Rhonda D

Jun 15, 2017

Fantastic concepts and techniques to apply in my work environment. Lectures and exercises were easy to integrate into my practice.

By Erik H B C

Oct 1, 2016

I like how the information it's managed, the order of the topics, the explications and examples for the real world, and companies.

By Marcos L Á

Dec 21, 2020

Exciting course to learn the key pillars on how to help to build a strong team, giving you plenty of ideas to put into practice.

By TREISY M V G

Aug 12, 2020

It is a great course! It gives you many different insides about how we perceive rewards and how to use it in favour of our teams.

By Venkata K S A

Jul 3, 2020

Very good teaching and well given references. Thanks for the course which brought lots of thinking on inspiration and motivation.

By ALEXANDRE P

Nov 12, 2019

I'm just upset for not being able to change the course certificate language to English as the entire course was taken in English.

By Fizulhaque N

Nov 15, 2020

It's an important topis. And I've completed this course successfully. The performance of the instructor and the peers was great.

By Michael N

Feb 1, 2020

This Is Wonderful Course , I really Take Most Advantage of It and I wish I Could Promote in My Career After I fInish This Course

By andrei-klepikov@yandex.ru

Jan 14, 2016

very interesting however I expected more interviews from experts and more articles or literature to read for further development

By Andrew S

Jan 25, 2021

A very good course. Helped me revise and refresh my existing knowledge and get some new perspectives on how to be a good Leader

By Stafford S

Jul 30, 2018

This course opened my eyes to ways to improve my communication skills and get along with others in addition to motivating them.

By Natalie N

Dec 20, 2015

An excellent course which I've learn a lot on inspiring and motivating others which will be a useful tool for my work and life!

By Guido A R S

Aug 28, 2020

Me pareció bueno el curso. Los profesores y el temario fueron buenos. Las tareas y asignaciones estaban a la altura del curso.

By Guy W

Sep 23, 2018

Amazing course. Highly recommend for anyone in a leadership role. The content is so interesting and the teaching is top-notch.

By Martin N M

Feb 25, 2019

A lot of really good information regarding feedback and leadership... well worth the time spent. Gained some valuable tools.

By Francesco F

Jan 28, 2016

Good course, it is well done and very useful. Examples and external video are perfect to undertake and understand the course.

By Siddharth

Nov 12, 2015

Enjoyed this course and recommend to a newbie like myself who want to enhance their understanding in the field of leadership.

By IL G K

Dec 28, 2020

It's a good lecture from an excellent professor. I would like to recommend this class. I'm satisfied. That's a good lecture.

By Pablo G

Apr 24, 2021

Great teachers with great content. I'm currently a manager and I found useful insights in this course to improve my skills.

By Paulo H P

Very happy to be part of this great course, congratulations to Michigan University and the wonderful team of professionals!