Back to Inspiring and Motivating Individuals

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Inspiring and Motivating Individuals by University of Michigan

In this course, you will learn how to create a shared vision for your team and effectively communicate it to your teammates. You will also learn how to set effective goals and expectations in a way that best enables your team to attain the shared vision. Finally, you will understand the most important needs and drivers of performance across cultures, and will learn to align rewards with desired behaviors so that your teammates are motivated to attain the team’s objectives. Motivation represents a crucial challenge for contemporary organizations: A recent Gallup poll revealed that only 13% of workers worldwide exhibit high levels of engagement and motivation. We will show you why these motivation problems are not simply due to a “bad” or “unmotivated” team member. Rather, motivation is very much driven by what work conditions we create for our teammates, how we structure goals and objectives, and how we reward people for the accomplishment of those goals. This course will help you diagnose and solve motivation problems so that you can bring out the best in your people....

TD
Jun 20, 2017

Great course, but perhaps forewarn students of the feedback assignment in week 4 a little bit earlier - it took me nearly a month to get feedback from people on my team because we are pretty busy.

JN
Jun 24, 2016

Some material and the course was review from previous management classes whereas others were wonderfully thought-provoking. I wish many companies were forward-thinking enough to take this course.

226 - 250 of 865 Reviews for Inspiring and Motivating Individuals

By Paulo H P

Very happy to be part of this great course, congratulations to Michigan University and the wonderful team of professionals!

By Muhammad A

Feb 15, 2018

Insightful course for professional development to understand well how to lead a team. Excellent effort by the facilitators.

By Nicolas G

Dec 6, 2015

Succinct and to-the-point course. Easy to understand theory and many practical examples make this a very easy-going course.

By Vinh N

Jul 5, 2019

The course have many channels which use in the course. It helps us have gained more knowledge and experience form reality.

By Harald G

Sep 30, 2015

I found this to be an excellent course, great new insights for me combined with necessary refreshers. Well worth the time!

By Ankitkumar S

Jun 4, 2019

Very well designed course. It was really helpful to understand techniques to motivate individuals and be more productive.

By Mahyar A R

May 15, 2018

Fascinating course, great lectures and materials! I am very motivated to continue with the other courses in this program!

By Joao G J

Course is very interesting from start to finish, gets you engaged as you can apply all skills learnt on your daily life!

By Francis C O

Apr 9, 2020

I really enjoyed the course and it used example I could relate to. It gave me new insights and broadened my perspective.

By Iván C S R

Sep 3, 2017

This course helps me to motivate myself, the team I am working with and also my friends. Thanks for such a great course.

By Keith P P

Excellent content to help us move the people in our organization to greater heights, therefore the organization itself.

By Abhay B

Apr 26, 2020

Nice course..Fresh insights....helpful in theory..needs to be put into practice at work place to unlock the real value.

By Rajendra S

Jan 1, 2020

Excellent Course!! Especially the research based content creates a lot of authenticity about the substance & take away.

By Marc S

Feb 2, 2017

Great material and inspirational reflections to increase your wisdom, even if you are highly experienced in the field.

By sudheer u

Mar 9, 2016

It was a pretty course that gives 360 view of individuals and how to motivate them, very fascinating to view the clips

By shahrzad m

Oct 4, 2015

Dear Professors Scott DeRue and Maxim Sytch,

Thank you very much for sharing your knowledge and time with us.

Regards,

By Grigorios K

Nov 22, 2020

Excellent course! Very persuasive instructors!

I really enjoyed my participation in this highly educational activity!

By alberto c

Jul 26, 2018

Useful for my work, Complete, well structured and supported by studies, surveys, etc. Finally, excellent Instructors.

By Daniel B T

Jul 12, 2020

Amazing course, It can help directly Managers to improve leadership and understand the real needs of each employees!

By Anshuman B

May 1, 2020

Excellent course for understanding real life scenarios faced in organizations and how we can improve upon henceforth

By Luiz G D M

Sep 16, 2019

Excellent course, clear classes and good tools to lead and inspiring people. You can to put in practice immediately.

By pietbartolo

May 25, 2017

Great course and great instructors! I was able to learn and apply what I learn in real life scenarios! Very helpful!

By Alp E Y

Jan 17, 2016

very nicely done course, recommended for all people regardless of ranking. Reference material and videos are awesome

By Julia V M

Dec 21, 2015

Covers theory and its application in a very straight forward and clear way. Enjoyable way to learn practical skills.

By Andrew K L

Sep 22, 2015

Loved the course, and getting more clear about intrinsic and extrinsic motivators, and how they influence on people.