Back to Inspiring and Motivating Individuals

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Inspiring and Motivating Individuals by University of Michigan

In this course, you will learn how to create a shared vision for your team and effectively communicate it to your teammates. You will also learn how to set effective goals and expectations in a way that best enables your team to attain the shared vision. Finally, you will understand the most important needs and drivers of performance across cultures, and will learn to align rewards with desired behaviors so that your teammates are motivated to attain the team’s objectives. Motivation represents a crucial challenge for contemporary organizations: A recent Gallup poll revealed that only 13% of workers worldwide exhibit high levels of engagement and motivation. We will show you why these motivation problems are not simply due to a “bad” or “unmotivated” team member. Rather, motivation is very much driven by what work conditions we create for our teammates, how we structure goals and objectives, and how we reward people for the accomplishment of those goals. This course will help you diagnose and solve motivation problems so that you can bring out the best in your people....

TD
Jun 20, 2017

Great course, but perhaps forewarn students of the feedback assignment in week 4 a little bit earlier - it took me nearly a month to get feedback from people on my team because we are pretty busy.

JN
Jun 24, 2016

Some material and the course was review from previous management classes whereas others were wonderfully thought-provoking. I wish many companies were forward-thinking enough to take this course.

326 - 350 of 834 Reviews for Inspiring and Motivating Individuals

By RJ A

Jun 24, 2017

Great course Easy to follow along with and professors explained everything very well

By Ligia d P

Excellent course. If you want to become a better leader, I definitely recommend it !

By Michael J

Feb 2, 2017

Nice explanation of practices that are useful when managing and working with a team.

By Adrian Q

Oct 14, 2016

It helped me as a newly promoted manager to understand better my role with my team.

By Juan P V P

Jun 5, 2017

What an excelent course, I learned a lot about how to motivate and inspire my team

By Lothar H

Feb 3, 2016

great material, very practical and realistic, great presenters. highly recommended

By Tanmayee M

Jun 20, 2020

It is really an amazing course if you're interested in Leadership and Management.

By Michael P F

Apr 25, 2017

Well thought out and very useful information and training. Can be applied to any

By Ravi K

Sep 26, 2016

Thank you and its a great learning through videos and the support provided by the

By ANA M P S

Aug 23, 2020

I recommend this course to everyone, the themes are perfect the teachers are pro

By Dimitrios P

Very interesting and useful course! It gives you a different view of leadership.

By Atul K S

Aug 27, 2019

Its really very informative course, it has provided very details overview and re

By Tracey M G O F

Jun 25, 2017

Very engaging class - I absolutely would recommend to anyone working with teams.

By Jaycel A C L

Nov 2, 2020

It's very informative and motivating. It was easy to learn through this course.

By Maithe A

Feb 21, 2020

Loved the teachers. Loved the context. Very clear explanations. Happy with it !

Feb 7, 2018

This is a great course to explore how you communicate and interact with others.

By Vanessa S d R

Jan 21, 2018

The concepts are extremely clear and useful for the daily practice of a leader.

By Mohit A

Nov 23, 2020

Got a great exposure for industry approach and better way to interact at work.

By MOHAMED M P

Aug 20, 2020

Very interesting and valuable course and also it was more than my expectations

By Sara M C R

Jun 5, 2019

Loved it - inspirational! Taught me a lot and gave me tools for my day to day!

By Ricardo M

Dec 7, 2017

It is a so good course recomended for people who is in charge of some personel

By Methmal G

Aug 21, 2020

Excellent course. I learned a lot of new things and the course is not boring.

By Ismael S J

Aug 8, 2016

Fantastic course, it has been a unique experience so far, thank you Coursera.

By Devraj G

Sep 1, 2020

Both tutors are amazing! They teach with real life examples. Loved Reading!!

By Maheshgouda P (

Very Nice Course and got lot of benefits by choosing this course. Thank you.