Back to Inspiring and Motivating Individuals

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Inspiring and Motivating Individuals by University of Michigan

In this course, you will learn how to create a shared vision for your team and effectively communicate it to your teammates. You will also learn how to set effective goals and expectations in a way that best enables your team to attain the shared vision. Finally, you will understand the most important needs and drivers of performance across cultures, and will learn to align rewards with desired behaviors so that your teammates are motivated to attain the team’s objectives. Motivation represents a crucial challenge for contemporary organizations: A recent Gallup poll revealed that only 13% of workers worldwide exhibit high levels of engagement and motivation. We will show you why these motivation problems are not simply due to a “bad” or “unmotivated” team member. Rather, motivation is very much driven by what work conditions we create for our teammates, how we structure goals and objectives, and how we reward people for the accomplishment of those goals. This course will help you diagnose and solve motivation problems so that you can bring out the best in your people....

TD
Jun 20, 2017

Great course, but perhaps forewarn students of the feedback assignment in week 4 a little bit earlier - it took me nearly a month to get feedback from people on my team because we are pretty busy.

JN
Jun 24, 2016

Some material and the course was review from previous management classes whereas others were wonderfully thought-provoking. I wish many companies were forward-thinking enough to take this course.

176 - 200 of 828 Reviews for Inspiring and Motivating Individuals

By Marina Y K

Jan 9, 2016

It definitely helped me a lot to improve and inspire me with my leadership skills! Thank you very much for such a great lessons you gave me!

By Ravi K

Apr 16, 2020

The course was very well planned and articulated. The real life examples helped to correlate the course content for a better understanding.

By Kyle C

Sep 15, 2015

This is an excellent course. The materials and videos are fantastic and relevant to anyone in a leadership position within an organization.

By Maria C V C

Nov 4, 2020

very nice topic, can apply not only to our workplace but to our day to day activities thank you University of Michigan more courses to go.

By Cesar L P

Aug 4, 2018

Excellent course, with a special mention to both instructors! Thanks for help me to improve and consolidate my skills about leading teams.

By Thomas M S

Dec 5, 2015

A very informative and enjoyable course. It is refreshing to see someone talk based on actual research rather than popular management BS.

By Bronzetti N

Jan 17, 2017

Very insightful in providing a wide range of practical and theoretical tools concerning motivating and leading people, including oneself.

By Petri M

Dec 13, 2015

Clever programme that reveals the basis of team leadership. This stuff is a necessity for everyone in business with leadership ambitions.

By Melissa R

Sep 21, 2020

This has helped me understand more about people and how they operate in the office atmosphere. I look forward to the rest of the course!

By Mahmoud H M

Sep 16, 2016

Inspiring doctors and Amazing course, thank you for giving me the chance to learn so much knowledge and information from you, I owe you!

By Aamir A K

Feb 27, 2016

It was an amazing experience, I have completed the course before the deadlines and now waiting for my certificate to be delivered to me.

By VIJAY S

Jun 9, 2020

Awesome faculty. Great Examples. Enroll for the course fast and a lot of learning is waiting on the other side of this course. Cheers.

By Reyna V

Mar 7, 2019

The subject is very interesting and the content is presented extremely well. Great course and even better professor! Highly recommend!

By Luiz F R

Aug 17, 2017

Excellent course, this was a worth one I enjoyed studying and will be very useful. The other courses from the specialization are great

By Helder R C V

Apr 11, 2016

Excellent course, great teachers. The content and real life examples make it relevant to professional development. Highly recommended.

By Dr. V S M

Jul 10, 2020

Course was very good. It helped to develop my creative skills, analysing skills, listening skills and helped to develop my knowledge

By Sergio S

Sep 8, 2019

This course is great for getting to know our people management thinking and greatly improving our people and team management skills.

By Roshan P

Sep 2, 2019

The course provides detailed understanding of the financial concepts that further invigorates interests to learn more about finance!

By Magdalena N

Mar 11, 2019

Great course. It could last longer.

Good introduction to common leadership issues such as goals and appraisals in every day context.

By EZRA A

Feb 13, 2017

This has been a most dynamic academic experience for me. I learnt a lot and promise to fully implement them in my everyday work-life

By Michel H

Feb 3, 2020

Excelente el curso. Los instructores muy inspiradores. Pienso que es un curso útil no solo para el trabajo sino para la vida misma.

By Leandro C M

Oct 5, 2018

Very useful course. You will learn very powerful techniques to be a visionary leader and boost engagement and results on your team.

By Lisa S

Feb 22, 2016

This course really has helped me in learning how to work more effectively with others and how to motivate my teams better. Thanks!

By Alessandra V

Jun 5, 2018

Very well structured course, easy to follow and very informative and inspiring. I deeply recommend for leaders in different areas.

By Rhonda D

Jun 15, 2017

Fantastic concepts and techniques to apply in my work environment. Lectures and exercises were easy to integrate into my practice.