Back to Fundamentals of Rehearsing Music Ensembles

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Fundamentals of Rehearsing Music Ensembles by The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill

Learn and practice the basic principles of running an effective music ensemble rehearsal. Techniques and strategies are applicable to a variety of ensembles, including bands, orchestras, choirs, and chamber groups....

Sep 10, 2017

This was an interesting and very useful course. Directors responsible for rehearsing ensembles will enjoy learning techniques, and even experienced conductors will benefit from revision and sharing.

TB
Aug 27, 2015

This is a great course and also flexible to needs of students. If you get behind, the course is built to help you get back on track. I find this extremely helpful with a busy and irregular schedule.

26 - 50 of 118 Reviews for Fundamentals of Rehearsing Music Ensembles

By Ravi D

Mar 6, 2019

Conductor Feldman is well versed in conducting technique and has a great style of passing that information on. His use of his ensembles to demonstrate really helped to show what works and how various ideas apply to conducting different groups.

By Giorgio Z

Sep 8, 2017

A highly instructional course with plenty of professional tips about rehearsing a music ensemble. Also, this course features a well-structured programme that successfully tackles the complex world of ensemble conducting. Highly recommended!

By Tan K L G

May 26, 2019

I'm currently working as a primary school CCA violin teacher. I think it is fun to teach primary school student violin and also to conduct the Strings Ensemble. This course has taught me a lot about how to conduct and rehearse.

By Melissa Z

Jun 16, 2017

This course was fantastic with helping me to learn additional rehearsal techniques. While I own and direct a big band not everything can be applied to my ensemble but, it has made a great difference when working with the group.

By Leonor C

Feb 4, 2021

Very well organized in it's topics and well explained. The examples in rehearsals are great and I think it was very wise to show perspectives from different conductors and different types of groups with various experiences

By Numa M A V

Mar 13, 2019

Excelente!!! Es un curso donde se ve de manera gradual la importancia de cada uno de los aspectos necesarios para realizar ensayos exitosos con ensambles, coros y orquestas!!!! brinda muchas herramientas muy utiles!!!!

By Krissy S

May 20, 2021

A good foundation for conducting, with a practical approach to rehearsing. I really enjoyed this class and learned a lot, and look forward to using these skills when choral activities resume. Thank you, Dr. Feldman!

By Gerald W

Aug 17, 2015

Phenomenal course. Here Dr. Feldman and his associates in the music program take more than 25 combined years of experience equipping students with core fundamentals to get started as a conductor or musical director.

By Valerie Z

Feb 4, 2020

This is a wonderful course for introducing and improving conducting skills. The lectures are well planned out, and the skills and techniques are reiterated for choral, and orchestral as well as a regular wind band.

By Mona G

Jan 21, 2021

I loved the instructor Dr. Evan Feldman and the issues covered. He spoke very well and intimately and I thought the course was useful for professional or inspired conductors. I truly enjoyed the course!

By Peter K

Aug 13, 2016

a great eye opener for a chorister newbie like myself. Although I cannot fully comprehend the rich material and experience shared, the course set me on a good direction on my musical interest discovery

By Alessandra

Mar 3, 2019

Very interesting and thorough course. It is complete enough as an overview and analysis of all the conducting aspects, from a conceptual, technical, historical, theorical and practical point of view.

By Sandy S

Sep 11, 2017

By Timothy B

Aug 28, 2015

By Nelly L

Jan 14, 2021

very good organized! Very good developed! Very very good also to have the spoken text written!

I would have liked only to see the scores or the part of the scores they have presented and played.

By Timothy R C

Oct 6, 2015

This is a very organized and in-depth class. I have been a music educator for 35 years. I wish this course would have been offered when I was working on my degrees. Great job!!

By Tony K

Jan 30, 2017

it's a grate course with an important topic for all hobby conductors. I'd learn a lot of practicable things to conduct and rehearse an orchestra of hobby musicians.

By Raphael A D R

May 1, 2016

Very well-explained course, with essential details and different points of view by other conductors who live different contexts in conducting types. Excellent.

By Maestro J

May 11, 2019

This is what I always needed. Conducting skills are very well taught. I wish there was more choral stuff, but the same things can be applied to choral groups.

By Daniel K F

May 3, 2021

An excellent course. I have thoroughly enjoyed this course and have greatly improved my conducting and ensemble leadership. I can recommend unreservedly!

By Koos J

Oct 12, 2017

Excellent course with lots of examples. Enjoyed it thoroughly. Great fun and learned a lot. Too bad it finished after six weeks. Recommend it.

By Ida E

Mar 29, 2020

Wow! I learnt so much! I will take this course again and pay for the certificate. Really good stuff for me as a violin teacher!

By Andrés M E A

Nov 4, 2018

Learned a LOT with this. Dr. Evan Feldman gave so many fresh ideas and effective as well. Take the chance! it's a great course.

By Lic. L C V

Jun 1, 2019

Un curso muy agradable, donde pude aprender bastante acerca de conducir orquestas y coros, cualquier ensamble. Me gusto mucho