Back to Musicianship: Tensions, Harmonic Function, and Modal Interchange

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Musicianship: Tensions, Harmonic Function, and Modal Interchange by Berklee College of Music

After a tremendous response from learners on Coursera, Berklee Online has created a Developing Your Musicianship specialization, and this course is the third course in the series. If you have a general understanding of music theory or if you have completed Developing Your Musicianship I and II, this course will continue to help you understand musical concepts, enabling you to create and perform contemporary music. Taught by Berklee College of Music professor George W. Russell, Jr., the course includes four lessons that delve into an intermediate level of harmony and ear training. The course will introduce you to new key signatures, and explore how they are constructed. You will continue to train your ear, learning to differentiate between the various intervals and chords that were explored in Developing Your Musicianship I and II. You will learn how to borrow chords from parallel tonalities (modal interchange), and how to write more common chord progressions. The course culminates with an assignment that asks you to compose and perform a composition using popular chord progressions. As with Developing Your Musicianship I and II, this course is designed to share the joy of creating music....

DA
Feb 9, 2019

I have grown so much musically since taking this specialization. I look forward to taking everything I've learned here, and using it to advance my musical career. I am so excited and proud of myself!

Jan 18, 2017

This class was fantastic! George is an amazing instructor. For all aspiring musicians, take the four classes in Coursera/Berklee Online's Developing your Musicianship Specialization. Excellent!!

26 - 50 of 96 Reviews for Musicianship: Tensions, Harmonic Function, and Modal Interchange

By Juan L G

Feb 16, 2017

It´s beeb a wonderfull experience. It has given to me a lot of knowledge to continue learning and playing music

By Pablo A B

Jul 24, 2020

It was a good experience being in the classes, you have all the thing to do, and a lot o information to save

By Segarceanu O D

Feb 4, 2018

highly recommended. complicated musical knowledge taught in a playful, concise and practical manner.

By Faelmar O

Nov 3, 2020

I've learned how to compose music after getting the course. Thank George, Berklee, and Coursera.

By Barry W

Jul 9, 2017

loved this course. I really learned a lot and developed some additional skills. fantastic course

By Daniel S

Dec 16, 2016

Really fun and descriptive !! I hope Berklee keeps doing this course beacuase they are awesome !

By Wolfgang S

Jan 9, 2020

I learned a lot through this course and I really enjoy the videos. The Professor is just great.

By Pascal P

May 14, 2020

I learn a lot and practiced on my skills a lot. It's only a hobby, but money well spent!

By Minh A P T

Mar 11, 2020

Very informative, detailed and simply a wonderful experience! Thank you for the course.

By Roberta K

Feb 14, 2019

Excellent course - helped me fill some of the holes in my music theory knowledge base.

By G W P

Jun 6, 2018

The prof is clear and thed advancement of knowledge is such a short time is wonderful

By Filipe B d C A R L

Amazing contents, the teacher is fun and very engaging. I strongly recommend.

By José W P L

Aug 7, 2020

Increible el curso, estoy muy feliz de haberlo finalizado con buenas notas

By Rahul R

Jul 18, 2017

It would only be an honor to learn from him in person. #BerkleeDreams

By elvis y

Apr 23, 2019

extraordinary great many thanks to everyone who made it possible

By Josip G

Feb 26, 2018

Great course, as with the previous ones. Amazing teacher.

By GUSTAVO A C R

Feb 13, 2017

Bien, me agradó estar trabajando los conceptos indicados.

By Matias L

Sep 2, 2017

Great Instructor, mentors were nice to answer questions!

By Pepe E

Jun 6, 2020

excellent the course excellent instructor very didactic

By Bhichar d

Nov 20, 2017

Excellent teacher,teaching ,thanks so much indeed

By bruno b

Sep 19, 2018

very good course, clear and very well structured

By Jaehwi C

Dec 26, 2017

Great course to study music theory for beginner!

By Andrés F M R

Apr 7, 2020

Amazing experience. George you are the best!

By bao l

Apr 14, 2020

Interesting and helpful. Highly recommended.

By David W

Jan 7, 2017

Great teacher! Thank you! I learned a lot...