Back to Nanotechnology: A Maker’s Course

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Nanotechnology: A Maker’s Course by Duke University

How can we create nano-structures that are 10,000 times smaller than the diameter of a human hair? How can we “see” at the nano-scale? Through instruction and lab demonstrations, in this course you will obtain a rich understanding of the capabilities of nanotechnology tools, and how to use this equipment for nano-scale fabrication and characterization. The nanoscale is the next frontier of the Maker culture, where designs become reality. To become a Nanotechnology Maker pioneer, we will introduce you to the practical knowledge, skills, and tools that can turn your nanotechnology ideas into physical form and that enable you to image objects at the nano-scale. This course has been developed by faculty and staff experts in nano-fabrication, electron beam microscopy, and nano-characterization through the Research Triangle Nanotechnology Network (RTNN). The RTNN offers training and use of the tools demonstrated in this course to schools and industry through the United States National Nanotechnology Coordinated Infrastructure program. The tools demonstrated in this course are available to the public through the RTNN....

RM

Highly informative..Nan Jokerst , you are the best teacher .Amazing team work with proper theory as well as practical knowledge. I gained my interest in Nanotech. Thankyou for the wonderful sessions.

HC
Apr 4, 2021

It's a wonderful course for anybody looking to gain some good insights on Nanotechnology along with practical exposure. Nan Jokerst, you are an amazing teacher.\n\nWould highly recommend this course!

51 - 75 of 525 Reviews for Nanotechnology: A Maker’s Course

By Vinatha V

Apr 15, 2020

The best course I have ever done so far. It was a we'll structured and comprehensively explained course. I got enlightened about nanotechnology after doing this course. This was a great exposure to the subject for me as a starter. Though I live far away from RTNN I'm very eagerly awaiting a visit there and would love to learn more.

By Pratibha

May 2, 2020

I really enjoyed this course. It is full of all basic knowledge. This course was great and is really beneficial in future . Bu studying this course I better understand the Nanotechnology and this various techniques along with demonstration. This is really a very effective course and I recommend this course to all students.

By Yurshanva K

Sep 5, 2019

A unique course, especially they show the demonstration of how to use sophisticated equipments such as SEM, TEM and many more. Worth taking this course. Also, they allows you to register for a workshop or apply in their kickstarter program or if you have excellent nano work, then you could approach them for collaboration.

By Meli R

Jul 15, 2020

Me encantó!, no sabía casi nada de cómo son llevados a cabo los procesos de ésta gran disciplina en la que me quiero especializar. Aprendí cosas nuevas, útiles y demasiado curiosas!: Gracias por ésta gran oportunidad. Además, todos los conceptos están muy bien explicados; todo muy claro, demostrativo y estético!

By Calvin R W

Feb 6, 2021

Professor Nan Jokerst was a particularly impressive presenter. She spoke slowly; clearly, with good vocal variation and supportive hand gestures. In addition, her explanations were telling and not filled with jargon. I thank all contributors to this course. The material was stimulating and I enjoyed learning.

By Towsif H

Nov 4, 2020

It is very well designed course. However, I would love to see more biocompatible materials are included in the fabrication and characterization process as I am a student of Biomedical engineering. I wish more biocompatible related fabrication would be included in the next course (if offered). Thank you.

By Rocco A R

May 15, 2018

Course really done very well, I really enjoyed studying.Very engaging and all the staff of the teachers are very prepared and good.I would very much like to do a course on XPS data analysis with data to analyze and then take the certificate.For the rest, keep up the boys, a mega greeting from Italy

By mobashir r

Nov 25, 2020

This course provides an excellent window to learn how the researches are being conducted in the field of nanotechnology. Being an student of materials engineering, I highly enjoyed all the course materials. Hopefully now I can understand all the ongoing research in this field better than before!

By Krisna D

Sep 16, 2020

Very well made, good if one wants to familiarize themself with various nanotechnology tools in advance labs. showing not only simple animations of the process but also the tools in use. Although it more of an "Introduction to Nanotechnology Equipment" course than a "maker's" course I guess

By Mutawara M B

Nov 15, 2018

It is one of the best courses I have attend. All the Instructor have beautifully explain their respective topic in brief time. One of the best thing about this course is the inclusions of animations and demonstration videos which helps in understanding the core concept of specific topic.

By DINESH R R

Oct 11, 2018

As I have to do my Postdoc in MEMS fabrication and Design. So this course give me the good knowledge form the expert of this field. Also the quality of teaching in the Coursera is far better than other online courses and also have the impact on industries working on MEMS fabrication.

By Charmaine V

Dec 15, 2020

The videos are very informative. For a person like me who has a little knowledge about Nanotechnology, the discussions were very helpful. I am more inspired to learn more about the fascinating world of Nanotechnology. Thank you to our dear professors who shared their knowledge to us!

By Bharathi R

Aug 3, 2019

I find it very useful. It is a great course that gave me an idea and insights on a lot of things I do. Thanks to all the people who put in effort to take notes, classes, assignments. Especially the demonstrations were great and useful. Thanks to everyone. Keep it going. Thank you!

By Nassif A

Jan 6, 2021

Excellent course! Covering theory and experimental demonstrations with detailed explanation. The course walks you step-by-step to give a clear understanding of Nanotechnology. I am a Chemistry student and I learned a lot thanks to this enriching and well-designed course. Thank you!

By Semih İ

Nov 4, 2019

The course effectively teaches the practical side of the Nanotechnology. Important Nanocharacterization and Nanofabrication methods and machines are introduced. If you are an engineer, scientist or a maker and interested in nanotechnology, this would be a good course to begin with.

By Hassan A

Sep 25, 2020

This course has assisted me in learning and developing basic concepts in nanotechnology and all the associated experimental techniques. Overall, the course is very informative and highly recommend for natural science students who are initiating their research in Nanotechnology.

By Dr. D K S

Jun 18, 2020

Very nice course content and explained each content in easiest way. This course has enhanced my knowledge in the filed of Nanotechnology. I like to say thanks to all who have delivered and demon stared the content of this course.

Again thanks to all team for such nice course.

By Sameed K

Jan 19, 2021

Best course so far for every engineer who wants to learn about the characterization technique and nanotechnology both. This will help to boost the knowledge versatile. A 5 star course. Whole credit goes to the RTNN network to give us this platform of this beautiful course.

By LEE L Y

May 22, 2020

The course was very interesting and helpful in building my basic knowledge on Nanotechnology as well as the laboratory skills from the demonstration videos. The lecturers were all very engaging and provided organised and sufficient information required for the course.

By Pratik B

Jun 6, 2019

I have worked on fabrication and characterization of nano and micro materials before. With little background of it I was able to grasp maximum to dos and not to dos very well. Learning about new instruments and indepth if techniques used in fabrication is very useful.

By Tng S H E

Jun 30, 2020

I love the clear explanation by the Professors, especially Nan Jokerst and Carrie Donley. Although the student helpers could appear to be reading from the screen throughout their video segments, I enjoyed the course thoroughly! Thank you for putting this together :)

By Alaaeldin H M

Aug 5, 2020

It is a very useful course, for beginners, and as a refresher for practicing professionals, I enjoyed it thoroughly . It will help me to refocus in my next research project, also I will use some of the principles to promote Nano technology for young professionals

By Vignesh

Aug 15, 2020

This course was really helpful in enhancing my knowledge in the field of nanotechnology. The faculties were very clear and precise with their explanations on the subject. I hope they continue the good work for the future candidates who wish to pursue this course.

By Faten t

Dec 11, 2019

Before this course,I had no idea about the nanotechnology and how it is important our life..I could say that now I have a basic foundation in this field and it was a nice experience to learn online and improve my listening skill as well...so thank you so much

By Hossein B D

Jan 2, 2019

This course was one of the best courses that I had ever. It was absolutely informative which has been well designed. I learned a lot within this course. I highly recommend this module for any student who is learning nano-technology. Thank you for the course!