Back to Nanotechnology: A Maker’s Course

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Nanotechnology: A Maker’s Course by Duke University

How can we create nano-structures that are 10,000 times smaller than the diameter of a human hair? How can we “see” at the nano-scale? Through instruction and lab demonstrations, in this course you will obtain a rich understanding of the capabilities of nanotechnology tools, and how to use this equipment for nano-scale fabrication and characterization. The nanoscale is the next frontier of the Maker culture, where designs become reality. To become a Nanotechnology Maker pioneer, we will introduce you to the practical knowledge, skills, and tools that can turn your nanotechnology ideas into physical form and that enable you to image objects at the nano-scale. This course has been developed by faculty and staff experts in nano-fabrication, electron beam microscopy, and nano-characterization through the Research Triangle Nanotechnology Network (RTNN). The RTNN offers training and use of the tools demonstrated in this course to schools and industry through the United States National Nanotechnology Coordinated Infrastructure program. The tools demonstrated in this course are available to the public through the RTNN....

RM

May 22, 2020

Highly informative..Nan Jokerst , you are the best teacher .Amazing team work with proper theory as well as practical knowledge. I gained my interest in Nanotech. Thankyou for the wonderful sessions.

M

In my undergrad I have learned about fabrication in the VLSI course, now I have got the gest of cooking. thank you for such a course, hope I will get some further help from rtnn.org & RTNN team.

51 - 75 of 456 Reviews for Nanotechnology: A Maker’s Course

By Krisna D

Sep 16, 2020

Very well made, good if one wants to familiarize themself with various nanotechnology tools in advance labs. showing not only simple animations of the process but also the tools in use. Although it more of an "Introduction to Nanotechnology Equipment" course than a "maker's" course I guess

By Mutawara M B

Nov 16, 2018

It is one of the best courses I have attend. All the Instructor have beautifully explain their respective topic in brief time. One of the best thing about this course is the inclusions of animations and demonstration videos which helps in understanding the core concept of specific topic.

By DINESH R R

Oct 11, 2018

As I have to do my Postdoc in MEMS fabrication and Design. So this course give me the good knowledge form the expert of this field. Also the quality of teaching in the Coursera is far better than other online courses and also have the impact on industries working on MEMS fabrication.

By Bharathi R

Aug 03, 2019

I find it very useful. It is a great course that gave me an idea and insights on a lot of things I do. Thanks to all the people who put in effort to take notes, classes, assignments. Especially the demonstrations were great and useful. Thanks to everyone. Keep it going. Thank you!

By Semih İ

Nov 05, 2019

The course effectively teaches the practical side of the Nanotechnology. Important Nanocharacterization and Nanofabrication methods and machines are introduced. If you are an engineer, scientist or a maker and interested in nanotechnology, this would be a good course to begin with.

By Hassan A

Sep 25, 2020

This course has assisted me in learning and developing basic concepts in nanotechnology and all the associated experimental techniques. Overall, the course is very informative and highly recommend for natural science students who are initiating their research in Nanotechnology.

By Dr. D K S

Jun 18, 2020

Very nice course content and explained each content in easiest way. This course has enhanced my knowledge in the filed of Nanotechnology. I like to say thanks to all who have delivered and demon stared the content of this course.

Again thanks to all team for such nice course.

By LEE L Y

May 22, 2020

The course was very interesting and helpful in building my basic knowledge on Nanotechnology as well as the laboratory skills from the demonstration videos. The lecturers were all very engaging and provided organised and sufficient information required for the course.

By Pratik B

Jun 06, 2019

I have worked on fabrication and characterization of nano and micro materials before. With little background of it I was able to grasp maximum to dos and not to dos very well. Learning about new instruments and indepth if techniques used in fabrication is very useful.

By Tng S H E

Jul 01, 2020

I love the clear explanation by the Professors, especially Nan Jokerst and Carrie Donley. Although the student helpers could appear to be reading from the screen throughout their video segments, I enjoyed the course thoroughly! Thank you for putting this together :)

By Alaaeldin H M

Aug 05, 2020

It is a very useful course, for beginners, and as a refresher for practicing professionals, I enjoyed it thoroughly . It will help me to refocus in my next research project, also I will use some of the principles to promote Nano technology for young professionals

By Vignesh

Aug 15, 2020

This course was really helpful in enhancing my knowledge in the field of nanotechnology. The faculties were very clear and precise with their explanations on the subject. I hope they continue the good work for the future candidates who wish to pursue this course.

By Faten t

Dec 11, 2019

Before this course,I had no idea about the nanotechnology and how it is important our life..I could say that now I have a basic foundation in this field and it was a nice experience to learn online and improve my listening skill as well...so thank you so much

By Hossein B D

Jan 02, 2019

This course was one of the best courses that I had ever. It was absolutely informative which has been well designed. I learned a lot within this course. I highly recommend this module for any student who is learning nano-technology. Thank you for the course!

By ATUL D

NICE EXPERIENCE. I HAVE LEARNED MANY NEW TECHNIQUES FROM THIS COURSE. THIS WILL ALSO HELP ME FURTHER FOR GETTING A GOOD JOB. I APPLIED FOR FINANCIAL AID FOR THIS COURSE AS I AM NOT ABLE TO PAY FEES, I AM REQUESTING YOU TO PLEASE PROVIDE ME WITH THE SAME.

By Nut b

Jul 08, 2020

Very informative. I've always been interested in semiconductor chip fabrication and this was a great course to learn about its details. Would definitely be more interested in courses like this and VLSI courses (analog design etc) as well. Thanks a lot!

By Leandro C F

Apr 13, 2020

Achei muito interessante, pois realizei meu mestrado na caracterização de filmes magnéticos por RFM sem participar do processo de fabricação. Infelizmente é uma situação que ocorreu devido a vários fatores, mas o curso tem sanado minhas dúvidas, grato.

By Jorge S C D

Mar 25, 2019

This course cover many fields in nanotechnology, it is adequate to introduce in this big fields and all the things that peaple are doing nowadays. Also, I found interesting the disposition of the University to external people can use their facilities

By Dr. V M

Great course to actually see the instruments used in nano synthesis ,fabrication and characterization,understand the underlying principles and knowing the dos and don'ts of different techniques. loved the course. assignments can be more challenging.

By Prathamesh P

Aug 26, 2020

This course has been one of the best courses I have ever done online. This course details everything you need to learn about nanotechnology and all the experimental and practical aspects of it. I am eagerly waiting for more such courses from RTNN

By Muhammad A T

Jun 27, 2020

The course is designed really well. A lot of useful knowledge is delivered in very short and precise videos. And lab demonstrations added to the fun of watching the concepts in action. Thanks, RTNN for this wonderful course and financial AID.

By Y. S S S

Jan 02, 2018

I thank my Instructors very much, as they have created the best content, and have shown each demonstration, of every equipment and the concepts taught. This course helped me very much in increasing knowledge in my disciple, Nanotechnology

By adwaita

Mar 08, 2018

One of the best course for the one's who have just kept their foots in their field. All the elaborations and study material are properly set according to the understanding of viewers... thank you for this journey through nanoscience...

By kirthana r

Apr 13, 2020

Amazing course. I have never seen anything like this course before. This course goes far beyond theory and teaches you how to operate the respective instruments. I love this course...can`t wait to see more courses from you guys.

By KUSUMA A K

Jun 07, 2020

very comprehensive course covering important topics in the field of nanotechnology and nanofabrication. The course is well structured and well understandable combining videos about theory background and practical demonstrations