Back to Nanotechnology: A Maker’s Course

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Nanotechnology: A Maker’s Course by Duke University

How can we create nano-structures that are 10,000 times smaller than the diameter of a human hair? How can we “see” at the nano-scale? Through instruction and lab demonstrations, in this course you will obtain a rich understanding of the capabilities of nanotechnology tools, and how to use this equipment for nano-scale fabrication and characterization. The nanoscale is the next frontier of the Maker culture, where designs become reality. To become a Nanotechnology Maker pioneer, we will introduce you to the practical knowledge, skills, and tools that can turn your nanotechnology ideas into physical form and that enable you to image objects at the nano-scale. This course has been developed by faculty and staff experts in nano-fabrication, electron beam microscopy, and nano-characterization through the Research Triangle Nanotechnology Network (RTNN). The RTNN offers training and use of the tools demonstrated in this course to schools and industry through the United States National Nanotechnology Coordinated Infrastructure program. The tools demonstrated in this course are available to the public through the RTNN....

RM

May 22, 2020

Highly informative..Nan Jokerst , you are the best teacher .Amazing team work with proper theory as well as practical knowledge. I gained my interest in Nanotech. Thankyou for the wonderful sessions.

MS

Dec 02, 2019

This course was very helpful to understand the basic fabrication techniques for making micro and nanodevices. I can confidently use equipment in my laboratory after doing this course. Thank you

51 - 75 of 262 Reviews for Nanotechnology: A Maker’s Course

By Sheik M

May 13, 2020

Thanks to Prof.Nan Jokerst, Dr. Carrie Donley and Dr. Jacob Jones for making us nanomakers by explaining with all practical demo experiments in a very simple and understandable manner. Thanks to RTNN and Coursera.

By Suresh V B

May 05, 2020

Hi

I am teaching foundations of Nano-Electronics for Final year B.Sc. Students.

This course has enriched my knowledge in the field of Nanotechnology.

Course content is really good.Thanks to Coursera and RTNN Labs.

By Raúl M S

Aug 20, 2018

Es un curso excelente, me ha dado la oportunidad de conocer mucho de la NANOTECNOLOGIA, espero la oportunidad de continuar con estos cursos en niveles mas avanzados. Gracias por darme la oportunidad de aprender

By Piyush P J

The course is well organized with the proper demonstration of all Synthesis and characterization methods. Involvement of PhD faculty to Graduate students is very impacting.

Thank You for Organizing this course.

By Brendan U A

Jan 04, 2019

Thank you for making this course available online, I really do appreciate what you guys have done, this has really helped me a lot as such courses aren't available yet in my country, thank you all once again.

By nayab a k

Feb 12, 2019

it is one the best course I have enrolled in. brief and comprehensive explanation of different techniques with demonstration. I recommend this course to everyone who wants to learn about nanotechnology.

By Ivan H T V

Oct 30, 2017

Es una gran experiencia, en torno a sumergirse en el mundo de la Nanotecnología. Entrando a reconocer recursos tecnológicos, procesos y metodologías que permiten generar innovaciones, por estos tiempos.

By Riya m

May 22, 2020

By Md. S I

In my undergrad I have learned about fabrication in the VLSI course, now I have got the gest of cooking. thank you for such a course, hope I will get some further help from rtnn.org & RTNN team.

By Muhammad J S

Dec 02, 2019

By Скворцова И

May 06, 2020

I recommend this fantastic course to everyone who is interested in nanoworld, especially to beginners, because it allows to comprehend basic processes within a short period of time. Thanks!

By Iftikhar A

Mar 07, 2020

I am very glad and much satisfied to complete this course. Actullay at this time i am not able to purchase cetificate due to financail issues but i am glad to learn much from this course.

By Ramy M M M

Apr 17, 2020

Thanks Coursera and all respected professors. it was a Perfect Course , i am so happy to learn Nanotechnology through this course and from all respected Professors. Thank you very much

By Lohitha l

very helpful and useful to gain knowledge and to learn many things But kindly add the duration time of our course completion and mention the percentage we got. Thank you

By O J A

Mar 31, 2018

Nanotechnology was made so simple and understandable. This course has given me the hope of pursuing my dream of advanced education (M.Sc.) in Nanotechnology. Am grateful

By Akash P

Feb 04, 2018

Various kinds of characterisation techniques are taught very nicely. Various methods of fabrication are also taught nicely alongwith demonstrations. So very nice course.

By shazaib k

Jan 27, 2019

I am PhD Scholar and my area of research is Quantum dots sensitized solar cell in FCCU Pakistan. This course is really helpful for the research students...best wishes

By Muntasir M

May 02, 2020

I have learned and watched the demonstration of the different equipment I used to read. It helped me to understand the processes utilized in nanotechnology better.

By Venkatesh P

Apr 30, 2020

The course was excellent with good explanations of needed concepts with demonstration!!! Thank you for the team for coming up with this extensive planned course!!

By Aditya S

Jun 20, 2019

Course is really helpful for chemical and material science engineering students. Great demonstrations for all the basic and required characterisation techniques.

By Dr. M K

Excellent course on Nanotechnology and its characterization. It is very good to see the demonstration using SEM and EDS. I am writing this review after week 2.

By PRAKASH Y

Apr 20, 2020

This course is very useful for the learner, everything describes very well with a lab demonstration video. Thanks to RTNN, to provide the cream of the lecture.

By Monis B A

Nov 14, 2019

Its a big opportunity to learn about Nanotechnology. I appreciate all the respected teachers for their brilliant work. Lots of respect and love for all

By Edilson G d L

Jan 05, 2018

I recommend this course to everyone who has an interest in the subject nanotechnology. You will learn theory and practice in a very didactic easy way.

By Avani P M

Jan 05, 2018

It is in simple language to understand for beginners....and is very important and useful too... specially demonstration makes this more interesting...