Back to Nanotechnology: A Maker’s Course

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Nanotechnology: A Maker’s Course by Duke University

How can we create nano-structures that are 10,000 times smaller than the diameter of a human hair? How can we “see” at the nano-scale? Through instruction and lab demonstrations, in this course you will obtain a rich understanding of the capabilities of nanotechnology tools, and how to use this equipment for nano-scale fabrication and characterization. The nanoscale is the next frontier of the Maker culture, where designs become reality. To become a Nanotechnology Maker pioneer, we will introduce you to the practical knowledge, skills, and tools that can turn your nanotechnology ideas into physical form and that enable you to image objects at the nano-scale. This course has been developed by faculty and staff experts in nano-fabrication, electron beam microscopy, and nano-characterization through the Research Triangle Nanotechnology Network (RTNN). The RTNN offers training and use of the tools demonstrated in this course to schools and industry through the United States National Nanotechnology Coordinated Infrastructure program. The tools demonstrated in this course are available to the public through the RTNN....

RM

Highly informative..Nan Jokerst , you are the best teacher .Amazing team work with proper theory as well as practical knowledge. I gained my interest in Nanotech. Thankyou for the wonderful sessions.

BJ
Jan 19, 2021

As micro and nanotechnology student, I understand each and every videos. The information given here is highly understanding, precise, experimental overview all up to the mark. Highly recommended

151 - 175 of 510 Reviews for Nanotechnology: A Maker’s Course

By MALLIKARJUNA K

Apr 24, 2018

It was very useful. I am glad that I have taken the course. Especially, demonstrations sessions gives very good idea about the procedures. Thank you

By MD M H

Dec 29, 2020

Well organized, educators are highly efficient. This course made me mad to learn more on nanotechnology. All credits go to coursemaker. Thank you.

By Ralph B

Wonderful comprehensive introduction to Nanotechnology theory and practice! Great applied examples of current use in industry. Highly recommended !

By rishu k

Aug 31, 2020

Recommended for all nanostructured materials learners . Very structured courses and lab tours demonstrating the experiments are very intriguing.

By Elma M

Apr 20, 2020

One of the best courses. It was of great help. All my doubts on characterisation is cleared..A big thank you to everyone who worked behind this!

By Hannah J E

Jan 14, 2021

Very informative course and stirred my interest in nanotech. Demonstrations and theory lecture are brief but sufficient to learn the material.

By Muhammad R H

Aug 30, 2020

This was a very helpful and enjoyable course, which significantly increased my knowledge and interest about this subject. Highly recommend it.

By Dr A a R

Oct 22, 2020

This course is so much benefited to me as per the knowledge of nanotechnology and fabrication processes and also characterization techniques.

By Itzel S I

En general me parece un buen curso, bastante completo y dinámico, bien explicado y con excelentes ejemplos, definitivamente lo recomendaría.

By kamini r

Feb 4, 2018

It was a wonderful course , very informative and detailed with real time demonstrations which help give a clear understanding of the subject.

By Rishi D

Jul 3, 2020

Professors are really good, just need to increase level little bit of this course. Still professors and their students made this intersting.

By Kowshik D

Jun 24, 2020

Great initiative, got so much to learn which is totally impossible from a distance of 8000 miles. Thanks to Coursera and thanks to the team.

By Samuel M

Feb 28, 2019

Amazing Course..Being an electronics student graduate i got to learn in real time most things studied in theory...Thank You Duke university

By Muhammad S

Jul 3, 2020

It was really good course, it helped me alot in understanding many new fabrication techniques which I had not studied before, Thanks alot.

By Dr. G S C

Nov 27, 2019

Excellent topics with hands on demonstrations by the faculty and students. learnt a lot of new techniques and processes during this course

By Anam m

Aug 20, 2019

I learned a lot from this course. It is a great platform where you can easily approach new technology. i really appreciate your efforts.

By shabeeb k

Jul 21, 2020

very informative course. totally worth of having taken..... Syllabus not too hard for a beginner and not too easy for a time passer....

By Yasir S

Mar 23, 2019

It was a sensational exposure of what I am pratically doing in lab.Every material scientist must attend this course.Highly recommended.

By Ahmed S A Z

Jul 29, 2020

this course was eye opening and i learnt a lot. Thank you and your team for this amazing content, educating methods and the knowledge.

By carlota

Apr 30, 2020

it's an incredible course in which I've learnt a lot and I could expand my knowledge about nanotechnology. I'm thankful to all of you!

By Farai M

Feb 19, 2018

A complex subject well simplified. Demonstrations are a killer as they help entrench critical points and ideas. Excellent work indeed.

By Srinidhi R

Jun 29, 2020

Excellent way of learning nanofabrications and characterization. Awesome course. Thanks for the certificate. Thanks to the professors

By Aswin k (

Nov 13, 2020

Learnt a lot of new information,

covers all the bases. I feel I can now go in deep into nanotechnology and learn more, thanks RTNN!!

By Reshetov I V

Apr 15, 2018

Great course with comprehensible material visualiation. Big advantage is demonstration of all discussed processes in real equipment

By vsreddy i

Aug 17, 2020

Very excellent course. I learnt lot of concept in preparation of different type of nano materials and characterization techniques.