Back to Nanotechnology: A Maker’s Course

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Nanotechnology: A Maker’s Course by Duke University

How can we create nano-structures that are 10,000 times smaller than the diameter of a human hair? How can we “see” at the nano-scale? Through instruction and lab demonstrations, in this course you will obtain a rich understanding of the capabilities of nanotechnology tools, and how to use this equipment for nano-scale fabrication and characterization. The nanoscale is the next frontier of the Maker culture, where designs become reality. To become a Nanotechnology Maker pioneer, we will introduce you to the practical knowledge, skills, and tools that can turn your nanotechnology ideas into physical form and that enable you to image objects at the nano-scale. This course has been developed by faculty and staff experts in nano-fabrication, electron beam microscopy, and nano-characterization through the Research Triangle Nanotechnology Network (RTNN). The RTNN offers training and use of the tools demonstrated in this course to schools and industry through the United States National Nanotechnology Coordinated Infrastructure program. The tools demonstrated in this course are available to the public through the RTNN....

RM

Highly informative..Nan Jokerst , you are the best teacher .Amazing team work with proper theory as well as practical knowledge. I gained my interest in Nanotech. Thankyou for the wonderful sessions.

M

In my undergrad I have learned about fabrication in the VLSI course, now I have got the gest of cooking. thank you for such a course, hope I will get some further help from rtnn.org & RTNN team.

151 - 175 of 478 Reviews for Nanotechnology: A Maker’s Course

By Dr. G S C

Nov 27, 2019

Excellent topics with hands on demonstrations by the faculty and students. learnt a lot of new techniques and processes during this course

By Anam m

Aug 20, 2019

I learned a lot from this course. It is a great platform where you can easily approach new technology. i really appreciate your efforts.

By Shabeeb K

Jul 21, 2020

very informative course. totally worth of having taken..... Syllabus not too hard for a beginner and not too easy for a time passer....

By Yasir S

Mar 23, 2019

It was a sensational exposure of what I am pratically doing in lab.Every material scientist must attend this course.Highly recommended.

By Ahmed S A Z

Jul 29, 2020

this course was eye opening and i learnt a lot. Thank you and your team for this amazing content, educating methods and the knowledge.

By carlota

Apr 30, 2020

it's an incredible course in which I've learnt a lot and I could expand my knowledge about nanotechnology. I'm thankful to all of you!

By Farai M

Feb 19, 2018

A complex subject well simplified. Demonstrations are a killer as they help entrench critical points and ideas. Excellent work indeed.

By Srinidhi R

Jun 29, 2020

Excellent way of learning nanofabrications and characterization. Awesome course. Thanks for the certificate. Thanks to the professors

By Aswin k

Nov 13, 2020

Learnt a lot of new information,

covers all the bases. I feel I can now go in deep into nanotechnology and learn more, thanks RTNN!!

By Reshetov I V

Apr 15, 2018

Great course with comprehensible material visualiation. Big advantage is demonstration of all discussed processes in real equipment

By I V S R

Aug 17, 2020

Very excellent course. I learnt lot of concept in preparation of different type of nano materials and characterization techniques.

By Dr R N

Jul 6, 2020

Wonderfully designed course. Demonstration immediately after the theory made to experience the virtually performing the experiment

By IKRAMUL H S

Jan 11, 2020

This course is really helpful to learn the fabrication procedures. Especially, the demonstrations are great. Heavily recommended.

By Mohammad A

Oct 25, 2019

I am delighted that I have got an excellent opotunity to learn about nanotechnology a Maker Course. It is very useful. Thank you.

By Matheus H L d L

Jul 17, 2020

excellent explanation of the topics, and very well presented examples. The course is perfect to start studies on nanotechnology.

By Shakil S E

Sep 12, 2020

This course was really informative about the different techniques of nanotechnology. I can't wait to perform them practically.

By Dr. S K B

Aug 17, 2020

All the Professors and scholars given a nice and clear explanation and demonstration of the different topic in nano technology

By hicas e t

Jul 9, 2020

I love this course instructors are well explained i will recommend this course to all my beloved students and staff members.

By Danielle B

Dec 10, 2019

Clear and interesting introduction to basic nanofabrication techniques. This emboldens me to continue learning in this field!

By Md M R

This course helps me a lot to learn about various nano technological tools and equipment and various important process too.

By Jeongrae K

May 23, 2019

I have already ask my friends to take this course.

Fast, Simple, Well-Organized, Great explanation

Thank you for the course.

By Sree P C

This course is very helfull . we can learn about different types of scientific microscopes and the working process of it.

By HARSH B

Amazing experience to learn about nanotechnology. It is a well-designed course and I'm delighted to complete this course.

By ichou h

Jan 22, 2019

a very helpful course, i have just a note can you please do some real experiences with result analysis. thanks in advance

By Karla E P O

Jul 19, 2020

I really enjoyed the course. I'd like to thank all the teachers and students for making this such a pleasant experience.